• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies

In summary, it is important to share both the highs and lows of the business with our downlines. While we are encouraged to vent upwards, it is also beneficial to share our struggles and how we overcame them with our team. A suggested activity is for each member to share their best, worst, and funniest moments at a meeting. It is also important to remember that everyone experiences slumps in their career and it is normal. A workshop on managing slumps helped the speaker realize this and motivated them to keep going.
DebPC
Staff member
I personally think its important to share the highs and the lows and the laughs of this business with our downlines. We are told always to vent sideways or up and I agree. But we can share our bumps in the road and let them know we took stock , maybe made some adjustments, and kept going.
I think a great activity would be to assign them ahead of time to write down one of their best moments, worst moments, and funniest moments and have them share them at the meeting. If you have a large group have 2-4 share at each meeting.
I experienced my first bookings slump 3 years into my career and was devistated. I kept thinking " What's wrong with me?" "What am I doing wrong?" Then I took a work shop at conference called "Managing your way out of a slump". I believe it was given by Nancy Jo- but not sure. I was stunned that this high level director had ever had a slump. It never dawned on me that this just happens to everyone once in a awhile. And the important thing is to keep going and get out of it. Just that realization helped me so much.

Happy Chef said:
I personally think its important to share the highs and the lows and the laughs of this business with our downlines. We are told always to vent sideways or up and I agree. But we can share our bumps in the road and let them know we took stock , maybe made some adjustments, and kept going.
I think a great activity would be to assign them ahead of time to write down one of their best moments, worst moments, and funniest moments and have them share them at the meeting. If you have a large group have 2-4 share at each meeting.
I experienced my first bookings slump 3 years into my career and was devistated. I kept thinking " What's wrong with me?" "What am I doing wrong?" Then I took a work shop at conference called "Managing your way out of a slump". I believe it was given by Nancy Jo- but not sure. I was stunned that this high level director had ever had a slump. It never dawned on me that this just happens to everyone once in a awhile. And the important thing is to keep going and get out of it. Just that realization helped me so much.

Any chance you have your notes from that workshop to share with us?? :eek:

I completely agree with you about the importance of sharing both the highs and lows with our downlines. It's important for them to see that we are human and that we also face challenges in this business. It's not always rainbows and unicorns, but it's how we handle those challenges that truly matters.I love the idea of assigning them to share their best, worst, and funniest moments at the meeting. It not only allows for some fun and laughter, but it also allows for learning and growth. We can all learn from each other's experiences and how we handle them.I can relate to your experience with the bookings slump. It's easy to feel discouraged and question ourselves when things aren't going as well as we hoped. But it's important to remember that it's just a bump in the road and to keep pushing forward. I think it's great that you attended that workshop and gained that realization. It's definitely a valuable lesson to learn and it's something that we can all benefit from.Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas on this topic. It's always refreshing to hear from someone who understands the importance of transparency and support within our teams. Keep up the great work!

What is "Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies"?

"Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies" is a part of the Pampered Chef culture where consultants and customers come together to share their experiences and stories with the company and its products.

How can I participate in "Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies"?

You can participate in "Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies" by attending Pampered Chef parties and events, joining online communities and forums, and sharing your own stories and experiences with the company and its products.

Why is "Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies" important to Pampered Chef?

"Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies" is important to Pampered Chef because it helps create a sense of community and connection among consultants and customers. It also allows the company to receive feedback and make improvements based on the experiences and stories shared.

Can I share negative experiences or criticisms during "Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies"?

Yes, "Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies" is a safe space for sharing both positive and negative experiences with the company. Constructive criticism is welcome and can help the company improve its products and services.

What are the benefits of participating in "Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies"?

Participating in "Sharing Ups and Downs and Funnies" allows you to connect with others, share and learn from experiences, and potentially receive rewards and recognition from Pampered Chef. It also helps strengthen the relationship between consultants and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cheftiffany
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Malinda Klein