• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conf07 Forum - Breaking it Down Wave by Wave

In summary, the conference committee is looking for ways to break the conference down into waves like last year so that it is not too soon.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Can we have a Conference 07 forum now? And can we break it down into waves like we had last year?

Great idea! It's not too soon!

I guess I should know the answer to this, but I don't... How do I know what Wave I am in?

kearstin said:
I guess I should know the answer to this, but I don't... How do I know what Wave I am in?
The wave you are in is determined by your Executive Director. She is listed on your commission check. Just go to CC and look at a commission statement.

The waves were listed on one of the recent CN's and I think weekly bytes and it was listed here too. I'll look for it...

Looks like it was in the November CN.

It's on page 14 of the November CN. I have attached a doc with it on it.

Attachments

• 2007Waves.doc
    114 KB · Views: 336
Cool, I found it. Thanks Beth!!!

I can't wait to attend conference! I'm looking for airfares today and not finding anything great so I'll wait and see if any specials come out. Hard to fly from our small town with any kind of a decent rate. I can drive four hours and save some money but by then I've spent as much on gas and possibly a hotel. Oh well, it's worth the investment and I have my conference cash waiting for me when I get there. Woohoo!

Wave 2 for me!

I'm most likely driving the 900+ miles this year. I am visiting friends "along the way" - some are out of the way - ha! And then there's that new grandbaby due this summer...

And, oh yes, I am doing shows with those friends while I'm there!

BethCooks4U said:
I'm most likely driving the 900+ miles this year. I am visiting friends "along the way" - some are out of the way - ha! And then there's that new grandbaby due this summer...

And, oh yes, I am doing shows with those friends while I'm there!

I will probably drive this year (if I get to go!),too.

It's a shame my husband can't drop me off, he drives within 120 miles of Chicago every night for work, from outside Cincinnati, Ohio. He is a 'transport expert' (he,he,) for a delivery company.

Check www.hotwire.com I checked last night and found some great fares from the DC area to Chicago. $120 less than last year.

Yeah, the travel to conference is going to be tough...all 45 minutes of it. :D

Although this year I think I'm going to avoid paying parking and take the train.

MicheleC said:
I can't wait to attend conference! I'm looking for airfares today and not finding anything great so I'll wait and see if any specials come out. Hard to fly from our small town with any kind of a decent rate. I can drive four hours and save some money but by then I've spent as much on gas and possibly a hotel. Oh well, it's worth the investment and I have my conference cash waiting for me when I get there. Woohoo!

Wave 2 for me!

Maybe I'll see you there. We might even bump into each other at the rewards kiosk while we pick up those Visa check cards. :D I didn't get to go last year, but I'll be there with bells on this year!

(I won't really be wearing bells. Okay . . . well . . . maybe . . . I guess you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

I'm in wave 2 as well.... We'll be taking the train. It's $38 round trip! I can't drive up there (I wouldn't want to anyway, too stressful) & parking is outrageous!

I think we're going up on Wednesday since they cut the Saturday evening event. We'll have to be there early for the director's training, plus we've got to get some American Girl time in too! :)

I'll be driving in, too. I'll probably ride with my director. That will give me extra time on my own while she's at the directors' training. Woo hoo! Navy Pier, here I come!

I'm in Wave 1 I guess but will be in MN those days...

I checked out hotwire and still the best fare I'm finding is $476. Ouch!! Need to get some more shows on the books to pay for my transportation :D.

Rae, I hope to see you there too. I'd love to meet so many people here in person. Too bad there are three different conferences.

I had a chance to connect with a few Cheffers at our regional training in Ohio. It was great fun to put a face with a screen name/icon. I'll be wearing my button!

raebates said:
I had a chance to connect with a few Cheffers at our regional training in Ohio. It was great fun to put a face with a screen name/icon. I'll be wearing my button!
Buttons are still available! Contact me via Private Message or at [email protected].

They're $2 each including shipping - ask for prices on multiple buttons. Or you can order online at Cafe Press (link in my sig), and get some stuff from Darby's store at the same time!

Ann I lost my button, so I am going to have to get one for me and a fellow sister consultant.I checked airfare on sidestep.com, it checks all these other sites for fares it's pretty cool!

OMG!!!:D I just booked my flight to Chicago! It's official! Thanks Amanda for sidestep, I just found a flight for $143 ROUNDTRIP from Florida! Wave 2 baby!!!:D

PampMomof3 OMG!!! I just booked my flight to Chicago! It's official! Thanks Amanda for sidestep, I just found a flight for $143 ROUNDTRIP from Florida! Wave 2 baby!!!

You are so welcome!! It saves a lot of time & $$!

I am Wave 2! I just found a round trip from Prividence, RI to Chicago for $129.00!!! I want to book it so bad but I start a new job on Monday so I will have to wait to see if I will even be able to go.

Kristin I will keep my fingers crossed so you can go!:)

pamperedalf said:
Kristin I will keep my fingers crossed so you can go!:)
Thanks Amanda!!!

new job and conference
chefkristin said:
Thanks Amanda!!!

Usually if you mention it to the new employer up front that you already have tickets for an out of town vacation that was booked and planned, even with certain vacation policy's they're accomodate your trip:

Good Luck!

Ok....I don't have an Executive Director listed on my check. I have a recruiter, a 1st line and a 3rd line. Any ideas??

Jodi, Your Exec is probably your 3rd line. Ask your Director, they should know.If anyone else is looking for airfare, a clustermate told me about kayak.com. They search most of the travel sites for deals. It's an easy way to check a lot of places at once.

Which is the closer airport - OHare or Midway? Midway, right?

Midway is easier. Smaller and easier to navigate. I pretty much only fly Southwest Airlines and they are out of Midway only, so it's been a while since I've been to O'Hare.

But for San Fran, they have me on United out of O'Hare, so it should be interesting!

I've only been to National once and my recruiter and I flew to Midway. Well, this time I'm ALONE, and I'm flying to O'Hare! That should also be interesting!

For San Fran, they have me flying out of my hometown of Melbourne so that is much better and smaller than Orlando!!!;)

You'll be fine at O'Hare as well. I'm sure there will be plenty of PC folks around to catch a cab or shuttle or whatever. Or just take the blue line train.

My MIL flies out of Melbourne sometimes. Much easier than West Palm or Orlando. She tends to fly out of Orlando lately, though, since my SIL moved there. She can go a day early and stay overnight with her and spend time with them before she flies out to us. :)

Thanks Debbie! I'm in the shower to go to a show! Ugh! I'm TIRED!!! Oh well, I'll be making some money, right??:D

I had a show last night and didn't get home til 11 p.m. It was a fun, talkative group.

I was supposed to be at a BRU Baby Fest today, but I called in sick. The thing is, I really AM sick and I need to REST because I have a show tomorrow!

Good luck tonight! You are on a roll!

Thanks! I came on here to see if anyone had news for me on the host order thread. I'm also trying to find a new game for a bunch of regulars at my show tongight!

I'm sorry you're sick! MY 2 youngest (4 and 2) have been vomiting for 2 days straight! Ugh! My brother in law is wathcing them tonight for me so I dont' have to give my show away!:)

As for games, last night we did a chocolate theme and I had my apron pockets filled with kisses. I threw them at my guests each time they asked or answered a question or whatever.... It was fun and it kept them hopping. :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered_terry
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ZeakR
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8