• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Colgate - Healthy Bedtime Habits - Free Toothbrush

A
Admin Greg
Rating: 5 Posted By: MumzOf2
Views: 498 Replies: 4 Here is the older archived post by PML. Still valid, unable to bring it back to top, or I would.
face-icon-small-smile.gif
This does arrive.
http://www.colgate.com/app/HealthyHabits/US/EN_v2/SignUp.wspMore Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

Was I Wrong?Hi all!

My newest recruit has not done a good job doing what she says she is going to do.

For example, I was going to help her with something on a Sunday afternoon. She was supposed to call me between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. I told my family I could not do some things they wanted me to do since I was committed to that phone call. She never called me. I was not too happy about that. The next time we spoke I explained (very nicely) that was not right to do. She rattled off some excuses, but I was stilll disappointed.

Last night I was going to do some phone training with her. This time I told her I would call her just after 9:00 p.m. (she is long distance and that is when the unlimited calls begin with my cell phone). So I called when I promised. When she did not answer, I left a message for her to call me today to reschedule the training. I went to my daughter's room to read to her. The phone rang a few minutes later, but I did not pick it up. I did not even listen to the message last night, because I was not going to call her back. Do you think I was wrong not to call her back?

My prefence is to actually do phone training during the day, but she works early mornings and afternoons.

Thanks!
Lisa

I don't think you were wrong.I would send her an e-mail or call if you want and explain to her that just as she has other commitments and "a life", so do you! You scheduled the times to work for HER and worked your life around her and she did not respect that.Karen Logstin trained us that if you set a coaching call and the first time they don't answer, you call a second. If they don't answer, RELEASE and explain that the ball is in her court and when SHE is committed, you will be ready, but in the meantime, you have your own business to run and other team members to coach.I hope this doesn't sound harsh... that's not my intent. :)

I feel your frustration Lisa and don't think you were wrong. Just let her know why you have the boundaries you do (i.e. family time).

I have a new consultant on my team who is a delight.....but not consistent. She signed with great enthusiasm then went out of town...planning to do her first show there. I contacted a fabulous consultant where she was going...but my gal never followed-up on providing a number there. It was so frustrating. She is back on board wanting to start her business, but I tend to give our phone appointments only a 50-50 chance of actually happening.

Having read your post, I probably should let her know that it would help me to help her if she respected my time a little more.:eek:

I'm thinking about a new policy: if you don't come to a cluster meeting two months in a row and you don't have a really good reason for missing ( and no, "I was just too tired" or "my sister wanted to go to the movies so I said I would babysit her kids at the last minute" don't count!), then I am not available to coach you on the phone that month. I feel like they are taking advantage of me and not coming to meetings figuring I can just cover everything during our coaching sesssions. Even though I have a set agenda for coaching, they wind up asking me the same questions they should be asking at the cluster meetings. I am so tired of having team members RSVP and say they are coming and then just not show, after I have made the handouts, cleaned the house, etc. So unless someone is ill, or an emergency came up, if you miss two meetings, no coaching that month. What do you think?

Nanisu, These aren't coaching calls that your team is asking of you, they want you to train them when it is convienient for them instead of coming to the meeting.

When I have consultants that ask me questions about a subject that we talked about at the meeting, (and they didn't attend) I tell them that it was too bad they couldn't come to the meeting because we talked about this subject and had some great ideas. Then I suggest that she call one of the consultants that was able to attend the meeting for an update.

If you don't want to referr them to one of your team members, I tell them that there is no way I can possibly redo the two hour meeting for them over the phone. And I suggest they take an online class that covers their question.

Michelle

First, I don't think anyone is wrong in setting limits with your team. But I'd really like to know how you set the boundaries without ticking them off. Being a newwer director I find that I am walking a fine line, I want to "be there" for them but yet I expect them to be adults and take responsibility for their business. Guess it's just a learning curve.

This subject is covered very well in the Step-Up to Director class. The way that is suggested to handle this situation is at the first meeting by bring it up. Tell your team that there is no way you can cover the training meeting effectively over the phone. Put the question to your team. Let them come up with a solution. This way, when you have someone asking for this type of training you can referr back to what the team decided to do. You aren't the bad guy.

If you send your new consultants a welcome letter this subject can be addressed so that hopefully you can head it off before it starts. Or, if they ask you anyway, you can referr them back to the letter that states what your team came up with as a solution.

Hopefully your team comes up with the idea that other consultants on the team are called besides you. Hopefully this will also encourage everyone to exchange phone numbers and email.

Michelle

Lisa, as others have stated so well before me, you did do the correct thing. My ED has tried to set up calls with me before and I usually don't take her up on them because I know that I may forget and I don't want to "stand her up" or waste her time for my forgetfulness. However, I am somewhat of a self starter and will seek out information that I need.

Luckily, my ED and I will e-mail and on occassion, if there is something either of us really need to talk about, we will set up her next available time slot within a day or two.

Other than the phone training, is she attending meetings, doing training on line and hosting parties? Maybe she is a person that does not do well with training. I have a consultant on my team that is like that. She is resistant to training. She feels she is setting herself up for disappointment when she makes a goal. I tried to do step up with her, but one of the reasons we stopped was that she never did the work in between sessions.

Don't give up! I agree on not answering the phone when you had a prior committment to read with your daughter. When you had already tried to call at the designated time and she wasn't there, your time should not be compromised. You used good judgement.

baychef said:
Lisa, as others have stated so well before me, you did do the correct thing. My ED has tried to set up calls with me before and I usually don't take her up on them because I know that I may forget and I don't want to "stand her up" or waste her time for my forgetfulness. However, I am somewhat of a self starter and will seek out information that I need.

Luckily, my ED and I will e-mail and on occassion, if there is something either of us really need to talk about, we will set up her next available time slot within a day or two.

Other than the phone training, is she attending meetings, doing training on line and hosting parties? Maybe she is a person that does not do well with training. I have a consultant on my team that is like that. She is resistant to training. She feels she is setting herself up for disappointment when she makes a goal. I tried to do step up with her, but one of the reasons we stopped was that she never did the work in between sessions.

Don't give up! I agree on not answering the phone when you had a prior committment to read with your daughter. When you had already tried to call at the designated time and she wasn't there, your time should not be compromised. You used good judgement.

Thanks Ann and everyone else!

She has not been able to do online training or even access Consultants Corner. Last time we spoke, she was in the process of getting a computer, but did not have one yet. She also lives in the middle of nowhere in Alabama. However, she is suppose to be moving a liitle closer to Georgia again. That will be great since I know Directors nearer to that area so she can attend meetings.

ChefLisa said:
Thanks Ann and everyone else!

She has not been able to do online training or even access Consultants Corner. Last time we spoke, she was in the process of getting a computer, but did not have one yet. She also lives in the middle of nowhere in Alabama. However, she is suppose to be moving a liitle closer to Georgia again. That will be great since I know Directors nearer to that area so she can attend meetings.

Hmmm, I did not know that she was not close enough to be at your meetings. Hopefully things will work out. Sometimes people make me wonder!

Related to Colgate - Healthy Bedtime Habits - Free Toothbrush

1. What is the "Colgate - Healthy Bedtime Habits - Free Toothbrush" program?

The "Colgate - Healthy Bedtime Habits - Free Toothbrush" program is a promotional campaign by Colgate to encourage good oral hygiene habits, specifically before bedtime.

2. How can I participate in the "Colgate - Healthy Bedtime Habits - Free Toothbrush" program?

To participate in the program, you can sign up online at the Colgate website or look for promotional materials in stores. You may also receive information about the program from your child's school or dentist.

3. What do I need to do to receive a free toothbrush?

To receive a free toothbrush, you will need to sign up for the program and follow the recommended bedtime oral hygiene routine for your child. You may also need to provide some personal information, such as your name and address, to receive the toothbrush.

4. Are there any restrictions on who can participate in the program?

The program is primarily targeted towards children and their families, but anyone can participate as long as they follow the recommended bedtime oral hygiene routine. However, the free toothbrush may only be available to residents of certain countries or regions.

5. Can I sign up for the program multiple times or for multiple children?

Yes, you can sign up for the program multiple times if you have multiple children or if you want to receive multiple toothbrushes. However, there may be a limit on the number of toothbrushes that can be received per household or per person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bethsbiz
Replies