• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cold Stone Ice Cream Show Recipes and Ideas

In summary, Jennifer demonstrated how to make ice cream using the Pampered Chef cookware and USG. She recommends using a slow-churned dryer's stone for the demonstration.
Paige Dixon
Hi there, has anyone done the Cold Stone ice cream shows? Have recipe/demo ideas?:)

Cold Stone show???? I LOVE Cold Stone - tell me more please!

I've been offering "Cold Stones at Home" shows. ColdStones Creamery is an ice cream chain out here in WA state (among other places), similar to a Marble Slab ice cream place. I put the rectangle stone into the freezer at home, then transport it to the host's house and put it right into her freezer. During the show, I use the FC to chop up Oreos and candy bars, the Deluxe Cheese Grater (coarse barrel) for nuts, Egg Slicer Plus for strawberries and bananas, the small Micro-Cooker for heating fudge sauce and/or caramel sauce, and the Easy Accent Decorator for whipped cream. I put all the various toppings into SA small bowls. Then, at the last minute, I'll take the rectangle stone out of the freezer and use the Ice Cream Dipper to scoop ice cream onto the stone. Then I use two of the Handy Scrapers as the paddles and mix in the toppings, then transfer it into a bowl. They can add their own caramel or fudge and whipped cream. I also usually offer a drink, like the Strawberry Lemonade Quencher, in the Family QSP.

This demo doesn't show the cookware or the USG, but it hits a lot of other tools. I just make sure I talk about the cookware and the USG while I'm doing the ice cream part. This is also a good demo for a "Kids in the Kitchen" show, especially with older kids.

I got this off another thread, Hope it helps, I had recieved an email from my director on this but I must have deleted it, it had directions I think and an invitation. If I find it later I will add it.

That is cool. I'm gonna have to try that. I learn so many things from this site. :D LOL This site is so cool and helpful! :)

Oh pun exceptedKat - that's too funny. "That is cool". I suppose though that it was unintentional! That is a great idea, Jennifer thank you. I have been racking my brain on something different to do at my shows and I have a "Basement" party the end of the month so cooking is out. This would be wonderful! My Host has a small refrigerator/freezer down there so keep the stone cold until the last minute would work well. If it works well enough, I may just have to open my own "Pampered Chef Ice Cream Emporium"!

I agree.. great idea.. since I'm a cold stone freak I'll have to try that on my own and perfect it before I offer it.. but sounds YUMMMY :)

Thanks!

Do you let the ice cream sit out for a few minutes so it is easier to mix the stuff in? Do you just use vanilla ice cream or flavors?

I didn't use a particular brand of ice cream. Just whatever was on sale that week at the grocery store! I might try one of the Dryer's (?) Slow Churned kind next time. I don't soften the ice cream before I put it on the stone. By mixing it with the Handy Scrapers, that softens it enough to mix in the other stuff

Quite funny how this came about, but the same question was asked on the other board, lol, and here is the answer she gave.

Jennifer,
Which thread are you getting this from? I have looked around for other sites~ but none come close to Chefsuccess!! I am part of welove(pc)too... it is very hard to navigate. IMO.. I am addicted to this site!! :)

Cold Stone RecipesHere are some recipes and instructions that my director forwarded. Hope this helps! :)

Melissa

Attachments

• cold_stone_shows.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 982
Great IdeaThanks for sharing Melissa - I am gonna HAVE to try these at home:D

WOW--I'm going to have to offer one of these to my sister for her show...she LOVES Cold Stone!

How awesome--thank you guys for sharing! We had ice cream at a cold stone in Chicago & it was yummy! Fun to watch how they mixed it all up too. I might have to do this for my show Sat....

Thank you for that amazing idea!! Just this morning I was looking for a summer idea for a party.. this is just perfect!

Stay cool out there!

Lori:cool:

where do u get the stone to use in the demo?

ChefBurke said:
where do u get the stone to use in the demo?

?? Pampered Chef Stones?? You use our stones to demo the recipes;)

Instead of using the egg slicer on the straberries, I used the ultimate slice n grate, it worked very well. :)

A fabulous idea to beat the summer heat!!! How bout a cold stone treat!!Thanks for all the great ideas! I can't wait to try them out! I love this site! It has given me so much hope and inspiration to do some really interesting show!! Thank you all for your ideas!

pamperedalf said:
Instead of using the egg slicer on the straberries, I used the ultimate slice n grate, it worked very well. :)

how do you do strawberries on US&G?

mhrivera said:
Here are some recipes and instructions that my director forwarded. Hope this helps! :)

Melissa

Love the idea ~ do you have any other recipes ideas?

Susan,
I don't have any extra ideas right now, but it sounds like I might have to go to Coldstone and get some inspiration! Ah, the things we have to do for our business! They have so many different "recipes," that anything goes. Add brownies and cherries, and you've got Black Forrest, or gummy worms and oreos, and you have "dirt." See what things your guests might like.

I do know they use squeeze bottles for things like caramel and fudge, so maybe that's a new use for the Decorating bottles?

Melissa

What an awsome idea.... I am going to try that see how it goes.!!!!

I want to try this!!! A friend finally decided to host a show (she kept saying she didn't know anyone... then she invited 30 people for starting a new BUNCO group! lol I told her to invite THOSE people ;) anyway...) and she liked the idea of an ice cream social type of thing. I think this will be awesome!!!

A question... I don't have 2 scrapers :( But I have the bamboo spatulas... would those work? I've never been to a Cold Stone! lol Well, I guess I can just try it and report back ;) I've got my stone in the freezer and I'm going to treat the kids to a Cold Stone tonight!!!!

OK! I did it :) Everyone loved the ice cream!!!! I mentioned to my director in an email what I was doing, and she was VERY interested, too!

The bamboo spatulas worked ok... but I think I'll be placing a personal order real QUICK to get a couple scrapers (well I just need 1 more... lol) the bamboo spatulas do work in a pinch, though!!! ANd then I just used the scrapers that come with our stoneware to clean up after each treat ;)

I saw that some were using the bar pan for this. Don't the sides of the pan get in your way? I used my rectangle stone because it's my most seasoned piece of stoneware and I thought it would imitate the marble feel a bit better...

A thought... how would the flat side of the chilzanne platter work for this??? HHHMMMM That's my next test, I guess ;)

Celeste, You under estimated and it worked!!! Keep up the good work!!! :)

I am new to Chefsuccess.com but I had a suggestion to add to this thread. Use the small colander from the Colander and Bowl set, for Pineapples.

Leticia

I did a Cold Stone show today for a friend. WOW! It was great!!!! We had a lot of fun, and a lot of creative kids ;) The Mom's fave was apple pie! Warm up some apple pies (the little ones like you buy for lunches) and mix it in with the ice cream along with caramel sauce! MMMMMMMMMMM

Celeste,

There goes my diet!!!! Your recipe sounds awesome can't wait to try it.
We have Cold Stone here in So Cal, but everyone complains about the prices so this is going to be great to offer to my customers. Thank you !Thank you !

Jane Schaefer

Prayers For Paige and her family. Please come home safe and soon.

Oy - I just about came out of my skin just now when on the "new posts" page I saw a thread started by Paige :(

me too, Carolyn-WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT???
Who else can post as her on the 9th????
This is making me crazy!

chefmeg said:
me too, Carolyn-WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT???
Who else can post as her on the 9th????
This is making me crazy!

She started this thread back in 2006. Someone new to the message board just replied to a very old post. That's what brought it back up to the front page. It was just very startling.

OY! I got I don't know what but man I had to do a double take at the date. My heart just about stopped.

Anyway, I do like the idea of doing a coldstone show.

Whew!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• forever their mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebsApronStrings
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire