1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Closing a Shows

1. Princess

Princess Member

How long after the show is the maximum you can wait to close for it to count for that month? What I mean is...if I held a catalogue show starting Jan 31st...how far after can I close for it to count for January sales.

:confused:

Jan 24, 2006
  2. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

You want to get it in by the end of the next month so that they can recieve the jan specials

Jan 24, 2006
  3. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

You have until the end of February for them to get the January specials. And also remember, the month the show is dated (provided it is submitted by the END of the next month) is the specials they will get i.e. guest and host, and the month it is submitted is when it will go towards your sales and sale incentives.

So, Jan show submitted by end of Feb has Jan guest and host specials but is going towards your February sales. Not sure if it's the case this time though because of Pan O Rama but that IS the general rule.

HTH,

Jan 24, 2006
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

And remember that any shows you want to count towards double points must be HELD and SUBMITTED in Feb.

Jan 24, 2006
  5. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

No time limit

Actually, I called the home office on this exact question! In October a host started a catalog show, with October specials. I was under the same impression as most of you have posted above, that this show had to be closed by the end of November. This is what I have always told my hosts, and still do. (I don't think they need more than 4-8 weeks to finish a catalog show! ;) )

However, I called the home office because my host was going to be unable to close her show until December 2nd. I was worried because of the specials and such...so I called the home office to find out what to do. They told me to submit it with the October show date in December, there is no time limit on the monthly specials, as long as they started the show in that month!!! This blew me out of the water!! :eek:

As I stated above though, I tell my hosts that in order to take advantage of a special they need to close the show by the following month. I usually only have to tell those hosts who are taking their time with their shows!

To answer the first question..I have to ask a question...What do you mean when you said to count towards January sales? If you want it to count towards your monthly commission or a super starter incentive then it has to be closed by the end of the month. It will count as sales in whatever month you close the show. However, as stated above, February shows that are held and submitted in February are the only ones that count for the DOUBLE POINTS! I did not see any stipulation to that fact for the Pan-O-Rama. So if you have a January show that is submitted in February, you will not get Double Points towards Golden Destinations, but you will get points for any cookware that is on that show.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
    Jan 24, 2006
  6. Princess

Princess Member

I just meant...if I start a catalogue show in January and its not closed till February - would this be okay? She would still get the Jan host & guest special but it would count for Feb's comission. Correct?

Jan 24, 2006
  7. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

Yes, you may start it in Jan. and close it in Feb. The host will still get Jan specials, but it will count as double points for you, and go on Febs commission check. You are absolutely correct. :D

Jan 24, 2006
  8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

That is not true. All shows for double points must be HELD and SUBMITTED in February.

If you start it in Jan and close in Feb, the January specials will apply, you will get single points, and it will count for Feb commission.

Jan 24, 2006
Have something to add?