• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cinnamon Sticky Rolls in 12In. Skillet?

In summary, the recipe for Skillet Sticky Buns uses regular cinnamon rolls with frosting and a lemon instead of caramel ice cream topping. The recipe was found in Season's Best from fall/winter 05. They are really yummy and the recipe also calls for an apple and a lemon.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I thought I saw a recipe for these somewhere - other than the one in the old SB which uses canned cinnamon rolls with frosting- I am looking for one that uses the regular biscuits, but you make your own "sticky sauce". (not caramel ice cream topping!) Much like the Cinnamon Bites, but more gooey.
I searched files - but I may not be calling them by the right name.....or maybe I'm just imagining them? I'd love to do them at a Brunch Show tomorrow - using my NEW 12" Executive Skillet!:)
Thanks!

Becky

Those are really good!! They were in the Season's Best from fall/winter 05. I can't remember the exact name now, but they are really really yummy. The recipe also calls for an apple and a lemon.

Can you please post the recipe?

Thanks.

NOT the one in the seasons best....The recipe I saw wasn't the one in the SB- I have that - I'm looking for one that uses regular biscuits(don't want to make another trip to the store!)
I may have to wing it!

I know what you are asking for. The 05 Season's best is the wrong one. Sorry. I'll keep checking. They are called Skillet Sticky Buns.

FOUND IT!!! Season's Best '04

1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Lemon
3/4 cup pecan halves, chopped
2 packages (17.5 oz each) grand-size cinnamon rolls with buttercream icing
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced

1. Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in Family Skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat; remove from heat. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Chop pecans. Combine icine from both packages of rolls, water, cinnamon and lemon zest; mix well and pour over bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with pecans.

2. Cut rolls in half arrange in bottom of skillet in a circular pattern. Peel, core and slice apple, cut apple slices in half. Tuck apple slices, rounded side down, between rolls.

3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown. Carefully remove skillet from oven. Immediately invert rolls. Serve Warm.

Yield: 20 servings

I stopped adding the products to use because it was taking forever to type. I'm sure you know what to use though. It is pretty straightforward.

Chef Kearns said:
FOUND IT!!! Season's Best '04

1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Lemon
3/4 cup pecan halves, chopped
2 packages (17.5 oz each) grand-size cinnamon rolls with buttercream icing
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced

1. Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in Family Skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat; remove from heat. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Chop pecans. Combine icine from both packages of rolls, water, cinnamon and lemon zest; mix well and pour over bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with pecans.

2. Cut rolls in half arrange in bottom of skillet in a circular pattern. Peel, core and slice apple, cut apple slices in half. Tuck apple slices, rounded side down, between rolls.

3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown. Carefully remove skillet from oven. Immediately invert rolls. Serve Warm.

Yield: 20 servings

I stopped adding the products to use because it was taking forever to type. I'm sure you know what to use though. It is pretty straightforward.

Does anyone know if you are supposed to cut the rolls in half horizontally (like an english muffin) or vertically? This sounds like an AWESOME recipe to show off the cookware in September and use a seasonal ingredient: apples.

I haven't made this Bridget, but my guess would be in half vertically. I think that cutting them in half horizontally would be darn neare impossible...doubt that PC would make it difficult!

Let us know how they turn out!!

Sounds good, how did they turn out?

What ingredients are needed to make Cinnamon Sticky Rolls in a 12-inch Skillet?

The ingredients needed for Cinnamon Sticky Rolls in a 12-inch Skillet include: 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 package of active dry yeast, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup water, 3 tbsp unsalted butter, 1 large egg, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted), and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.

What type of skillet is recommended for making these sticky rolls?

We recommend using a 12-inch cast iron skillet for making Cinnamon Sticky Rolls. It is durable and conducts heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked rolls.

Can I make these sticky rolls ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dough and assemble the rolls in the skillet ahead of time, cover, and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, let the rolls sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. You can also make the rolls completely and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.

How do I know when the sticky rolls are done baking?

The sticky rolls are done baking when they are golden brown on the top and the internal temperature reaches 190°F. You can also insert a toothpick into the center of the rolls, and if it comes out clean, they are ready.

Can I use a different type of filling for these sticky rolls?

Yes, you can customize the filling to your liking. Some popular options include adding chopped nuts, raisins, or even chocolate chips. Just make sure to evenly distribute the filling over the dough before rolling it up and slicing the rolls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Leigh0725
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies