• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Tree, the Pampered Chef Way

In summary, Kristin is planning on decorating a PC tree with pictures laminated to it. She is also considering making ornaments out of twixit clips or small bamboo spoons. She is open to more ideas, and depending on the size of the tree, she may order off of the supply list for the door prizes. She also plans to add business cards and new recipe cards to the tree. The Food Chopper could be the tree topper, and the new linens could be the skirt.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi everyone! I have a bit of a dilemma, but there's plenty of time for me to get this together, and with your help, it'll be a hit! In our little community, we have this display every year with different businesses and groups that each decorate a Christmas tree. Well, this year, I am planning on decorating a PC tree! Sounds like a neat-o idea, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I had thought about cutting apart a catty and laminating pictures to hang on the tree, but not too sure as to what else I can do. I also thought of maybe making some kind of ornament using the twixit clips, or the small bamboo spoons, but haven't quite figured out how to do that.

If any of you have ANY ideas to share with me, I will be forever grateful!

Thanks!!

You can use the mini whisks as decorations.

OOOOOOoooooooo never thought of that! thanks, Kristin!

I'm open to more ideas......

How big is the tree? If it is bigger than you can hang some of the products off of it.

They have several different sizes...from 2 ft to 8 ft. It will depend on how early I get there to stake my claim!! LOL!!!

It also helps that I have an "in" with the chairpeople who set everything up...they are VERY good friends of mine. SO I can pretty much tell them which size tree I want, and they'll save one for me.

And maybe tie on some business cards for people to take?

Well if you get a bigger one you could hang silicone basting brush, flour/sugar shaker...and of the not too heavy items we carry. You could tie a ribbon on the towel and kinda make it look like a bow. Food chopper as the tree topper maybe??

Great ideas!! I just thought of something else...maybe take some pretty sparkly ribbon to wrap around empty product boxes...and a pretty sparkly bow on the boxes too...what do ya think of that too?!?!?

Like presents for under the tree?? that would be cute:)

I decorated a tree at my holiday table last year. I used twisty ties to tie the items to the branch. I then used curly ribbon around the items. I put everything on that I could tie on. I then attached chocolates and peppermints to look festive and lights to reflect on the stainless steel. People loved the creativity.

take the bamboo spoons and wrap a bow around a cinnomen stick
bake something and put in candy bags with ribbon

i had all kinds of things to tell u and just went blank lol
that will teach me for staying up so late
ill post them when i think of them :)

Heather,I love the ideas of the cinnamon sticks. Winco (bulk food store) carries these in their bulk bins.

these ideas are great!

I am doing a Stop and Shop in Oct and a Church Bazaar in Nov, thank you for the great idea I think I will try this. Maybe use the prizes as the decorations and then allow people to take them. Thanks everyone for the great ideas.

Depending on what you have & size of tree...you could order off supply list the door prize gifts...citrus peeler, twixits, paring knives... small & inexpensive that you can then use later. I like the idea of adding business cards. You could also add the new recipe cards and maybe some coupons you make up or blurbs about the opportunity or even the recruiting DVD. You could attach the cards with paper clips. The Food Chopper tied with ribbon could be the tree topper. And the new linens as the skirt.

Make sure you send a picture when it is all decorated! I would love to see it. I might do something like this at my fair coming up.

I decorate a tree every year for my kitchen.
I sit it in a red batter bowl from at home america, you could put the tree in ours (or cookware if it's a bigger tree you get) With our batter bowl add some sparkly shreds for gift bags.

you could use our towels as a tree skirt
zip tie our new small bamboo spoons on to the branch cover the zip tie with a pretty ribbon and put a hershey kiss in the spoon part
If you use the towels for a tree skirt scatter fresh lemons and limes (stud them with cloves) and put the cituse press with a bow near them, garlic and the garlic press,

Y'all have come up with some GREAT ideas! Thanks....and more would be appreciated, if you have any....I'm probably getting a bigger tree...and a bigger tree needs lots of stuff!! Thanks!

Make a diorama in the small SS mixing bowl, then nestle it in the branches sideways so people can see into it.

Use Twixit clips to clip garland to the branches. Or strung cranberries (would match the color).

Press dough shapes using the cookie press, bake, and hang as ornaments. Spray with glossy fixative so they sparkle and don't fall apart.

Use the RUFTH trivet as the topper.

Use Twixit clips to clip garland to the branches. Or strung cranberries (would match the color).

Press dough shapes using the cookie press, bake, and hang as ornaments. Spray with glossy fixative so they sparkle and don't fall apart.

Use the RUFTH trivet as the topper.[/QUOTE]

Nice suggestions...I may have to borrow them.:thumbup:

You could also use the Creative Cutters, tie festive ribbon on them and hang them on the tree. They will add sparkle to the tree.

Or like Ann mentioned using the cookie press for dough you could use the creative cutters to make more ornaments out of dough:)

That's a great idea! I'll have to work on that one...yep, me, the Girl Scout leader...has never made dough ornaments!! I'm bad! Anyone have a recipe for that? (look, I'm hijacking my own thread!! KG would be so proud! LOL!!)

These ideas are AWESOME!!! I am going to borrow them for my upcoming school "Shop Till You Drop" Fundraiser in Nov.

pcchris said:
That's a great idea! I'll have to work on that one...yep, me, the Girl Scout leader...has never made dough ornaments!! I'm bad! Anyone have a recipe for that? (look, I'm hijacking my own thread!! KG would be so proud! LOL!!)

I used to make ornaments that are equal parts unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon.......like one cup of each. Roll out the dough, cut out shapes, and poke a little hole in the top. Then you bake them at a low temp for several hours. They smell like Christmas while they are baking.....and also make your house smell good all during the season. THEN, you pack them away with all of your decorations, and when you open the box for next season, everything still smells yummy.

I'll have to see if I can find the actual recipe - it's been a while since I've made them.

Sorry - I may be repeatingOK, I get really excited about stuff like this! I am sorry if I repeat ideas but I wanted to share anyway! :love:
1.Creative Cutters would great on any size tree
2.Hot pad/trivet could be squeezed into a big Twixit to make a bow – depending on tree size, maybe a great topper
3.Obviously using cranberry colors is a must, and you could hang the cranberry scrappers
4.Use the lines and fold into various shapes and knots to make bows, etc or use a tree skirt
5.Maybe under the tree set up a “Santa” area and display the Carafe, Cups & More with other SA pieces…I would leave some cookies made from the cookie press and/or creative cutters for Santa (other treats work well too!) You could even have the new Sprinkles sitting by the cups in case Santa wanted to Sprinkle some on his drink.
6.If you went to Conference, they used the SA petite squares and cut a photo in the bottom. You could turn it on the side to display and/or hang from tree (not sure how that would work right now, and I may of photo of their display)
7.How about Cookware and Stoneware display under tree like presents from Santa
8.Tie bows around whisks, spatulas, and other smaller tools to hang from tree
9.Make an arrangement in the Trifle Bowl for display (look in catalog – I love the ornament one!)
10.You could hang recipes from the tree for people to take or just drool over
11.Round Up Trivet would look nice hanging if the tree is big enough

My ideas are running dry so if I think any more I’ll post them. Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
I used to make ornaments that are equal parts unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon.......like one cup of each. Roll out the dough, cut out shapes, and poke a little hole in the top. Then you bake them at a low temp for several hours. They smell like Christmas while they are baking.....and also make your house smell good all during the season. THEN, you pack them away with all of your decorations, and when you open the box for next season, everything still smells yummy.

I'll have to see if I can find the actual recipe - it's been a while since I've made them.
Becky, this is the recipe I've used. It's on CC:

Cinnamon Clay Heart Decorations
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups applesauce (not chunky)
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons white school glue
Additional ground cinnamon

Directions:
1. Mix cinnamon, applesauce and glue in Classic Batter Bowl. Remove from batter bowl; knead mixture until firm and clay-like. Refrigerate 30 minutes.

2. Sprinkle Peace on Earth Heart Cookie Mold lightly with additional cinnamon; invert mold and tap sides to remove any excess cinnamon. Firmly press a portion of the dough into mold. If dough is sticky, lightly sprinkle hands with additional cinnamon.

3. Run Serrated Bread Knife flat across top of mold to trim off excess dough. For a clean edge, gently pull dough away from edge of mold with finger.

4. To release dough from mold, cover cutting board with a clean folded kitchen towel; hold mold perpendicular to cutting board and lightly tap mold on cutting board until dough starts to release. Transfer molded dough to flat surface. Repeat with remaining dough.

5. To make clay decorations into hanging ornaments, poke hole near top of dough with drinking straw. Place clay decorations on Stackable Cooling Rack. Allow to dry, about 5 days. Thread ribbon through hole and tie securely.

Yield: 4-5 decorations

Cook’s Tips: Cinnamon may be purchased inexpensively where bulk foods are sold.

Missy, some more great ideas! Thanks!

Becky and ann - thanks SO much for the cookie ornament recipes!

I'm going to have to try them!

I'll make sure I take pics and post them here when it happens!!

You all ROCK! Thank you soooooooooooooooo much!!

Chris, that cinnamon dough will work great with the creative cutters, but it might be too thick for the cookie press. I'm sure there are a LOT of dough recipes on the internet that you can use. (I'm specifically thinking of the ones that need to be baked to firm up.)

just giving this a bump, as we're getting closer to Christmas and holiday themed vendor fairs..... (plus, I love the ideas and want to be able to find this again! lol)

What kinda of things would you use for a table top tree?

You could also make the new pretzel ornaments and hang them as well. They are absolutely delicious to eat, but I am not sure I would eat them AFTER being on the tree. ;o)

I've suggested several times that PC come out with small versions of our products for kids. (Tupperware used to carry kids play sets about 100 years ago when I sold for them). It would be so cute to have small versions of our stuff to hang on a tree!!

roxylady said:
You could also make the new pretzel ornaments and hang them as well. They are absolutely delicious to eat, but I am not sure I would eat them AFTER being on the tree. ;o)

I bet they would still look cute wrapped in a clear cellophane and then you could eat them! :thumbup:

You are sooooo right!! I made some tonight and then wrapped them in cellophane twix clipped them and added a bright ribbon to hang them. They looked FABULOUS!! I wish my camera wasn't acting up I would post a pic. Thanks Brandi2007 for the tip!

I used creative cutters on mine last year with red bows for hanging them.

I have a table on Nov 3rd, I'm definately going to bring a small tree with me!! I may start doing that to shows as well, with door prizes attached to the tree!! When someone wins the door prize drawing, or game or whatever, they can come pick a present off the tree!!

Okay - I might get in trouble for the size of the pic, but here's my PC tree...just finished it today...

myPCtree_2.jpg

Some of you said you'd like to see a pic....

and here's the bottom of the tree.....could have done better....it looks much nicer in person that in the pic....

PB210256.jpg

THAT IS SOOO CUTE!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!:balloon:

I have a small gold one that is trust a skinny metal tree for ornaments that I think i am going to decorate PC this year.

But now I may go buy a small actual tree one. I have a Homeade for the Holidays show next week that this would be so cute to take.

I bought small 26" trees from Wal-Mart. They are pre-lit and come in a set of 2 for $12.96. They are small enough to put on a display table without getting in the way.

jrstephens said:
THAT IS SOOO CUTE!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!:balloon:

I have a small gold one that is trust a skinny metal tree for ornaments that I think i am going to decorate PC this year.

But now I may go buy a small actual tree one. I have a Homeade for the Holidays show next week that this would be so cute to take.

Thanks, Jennifer!!!

I could have done things a little differently, but I kinda forgot about it! Whoops!

It wasn't hard to do...but I've already received a lot of comments about it from other people that were setting up their trees.

What a great idea!! VERY CUTE!!! Can people just pick off your tree & buy those items? Nicely done!!

Related to Christmas Tree, the Pampered Chef Way

1. How do I decorate a Pampered Chef Christmas tree?

There are many creative ways to decorate a Pampered Chef Christmas tree. One idea is to use items from the catalog, such as the twixit clips or bamboo spoons, to create unique ornaments. You could also cut apart a catalog and laminate pictures to hang on the tree. Another option is to incorporate kitchen tools and gadgets, such as measuring cups and spatulas, into the tree's decorations.

2. Can I use real Pampered Chef products on the tree?

Yes, you can definitely use real Pampered Chef products on the tree. This can add an extra special touch to the decorations and showcase the products in a unique way. Just be sure to securely attach them to the tree so they don't fall off.

3. How can I incorporate the Pampered Chef brand into the tree's design?

One idea is to use green and white as the main colors for the tree, as these are the colors of the Pampered Chef logo. You could also include the company's logo or name in the decorations, either by printing it out or using small props like mini cutting boards or rolling pins with the logo on them.

4. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that work well as Christmas tree ornaments?

There are many Pampered Chef products that can double as Christmas tree ornaments. Some suggestions include the twixit clips, bamboo spoons, mini spatulas, and cookie cutters. You can also get creative and repurpose other products, such as using a mini cutting board as an ornament or hanging a kitchen towel with the logo on it.

5. How can I make the Pampered Chef tree stand out among other trees in the display?

One way to make the Pampered Chef tree stand out is by incorporating interactive elements. For example, you could hang small recipe cards on the tree and encourage visitors to take one home. You could also have a basket of samples or small gifts from Pampered Chef under the tree for people to grab. Additionally, you can use creative lighting or a unique tree topper to draw attention to the tree.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2