• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas China - What Kinds Do You Have?

In summary, the expert is looking for dishes that are inexpensive, easy to find, and traditional. He found some at a store after Christmas, and online. He also mentioned that he would love to find Christmas China, but it is not easy to find.
jrstephens
I am wanting to start a new collections. I have some that is Christmas Tree's already, so, I do not want Tree's this time.

I am wanting to find some that is inexpensive so that it does not take me forever to get 8 place settings. It does not have to be name brand - it can be a store brand. It just has to be easy to find.

Tell me what you have and give me some suggestions of where to find some for a great price.

I didn't think Christmas was celebrated in China.Who'dda thunk it?

I bought some dishes at CVS after Christmas that had snowmen on them. It might be tough to find those now - they're probably cleaned out after the After-Christmas-Sale!

I have always wanted a special holiday set of dishes but didn't want to pay for them :) I was in Florida over Christmas and went to a Winn-Dixie two days after Christmas. They had 3 different styles of Christmas dishes on sale for $4.99 (!!!!) for a 20 pc set. Some guy we didn't know stopped and told us we need to go check them out, he was so excited about his find :)

I bought two boxes and now have 8 place settings of holly dishes for next year!

You might want to check out holiday clearance areas.

Be sure you decide on something that continues in production, otherwise, missing peoples are difficult to find. Look what China had to do to find missing pieces of china:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071221/ap_on_re_as/china_ship_salvagehttp://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071221/capt.783193e4799849a98cc61c8e6716e381.china_ship_salvage_xhg810.jpg?x=180&y=117&sig=PYeRAKtE43DHNXbSUiS6zA--"Green-glazed porcelain plates and shadowy blue porcelain items were among rare antiques found during the initial exploration of the ship. Archaeologists have also recovered containers made of gold and silver as well as about 6,000 copper coins."

I want Christmas dishes too! I saw some pretty ones in Target this year by Radko. I wish I bought them.

pamperedlinda said:
I want Christmas dishes too! I saw some pretty ones in Target this year by Radko. I wish I bought them.

Check online or at the stores, they are clearancing all their Christmas items. You never know what you'll find.

I actually have two sets. I love my Lenox with the holly on it, and I also have (but don't use) a new Mikasa set with pointsettia's on them.

Go to pfaltzgraff.com - their Christmas stuff is heavily discounted and you can rack up on some great dishes and sets! My DH and I are planning to go there in the next day or two to order up some Christmas dishes and coordinating pieces. The winterberry set is very traditional (but pretty) and has been in their collection forever...so continuing production is pretty much guaranteed. So you won't need to find an 800 year old sunken ship to replace broken pieces. :p

I love the winterberry set, I just got 4 more place settings at 50% off, plates, dessert plates, bowls and mugs all for $29 at the Christmas Tree Shop

I think their stuff online and through their catalog is discounted up to 89% off! :eek: What a great deal! :D

ChefJoyJ said:
Go to pfaltzgraff.com - their Christmas stuff is heavily discounted and you can rack up on some great dishes and sets! My DH and I are planning to go there in the next day or two to order up some Christmas dishes and coordinating pieces. The winterberry set is very traditional (but pretty) and has been in their collection forever...so continuing production is pretty much guaranteed. So you won't need to find an 800 year old sunken ship to replace broken pieces. :p

I saw a few I liked. I want something more whimsical this time. My Tree pattern that I currently have is very traditional. I found some on Oneida - Bring Life to the Table. that I really like but when I called them they could not tell me if it would be around for another season or not. The ones I liked were the Snowmen - red.

Oh, and on the Winterberry...when I called to asked about a pattern on pfaltzgraff.com they did say some of the Winterberry pieces were retiring, so, you may want to call and make sure it is not something you do not have. They said it was just some not the whole pattern.

ChefLoriG said:
I love the winterberry set, I just got 4 more place settings at 50% off, plates, dessert plates, bowls and mugs all for $29 at the Christmas Tree Shop

I looked and there is not a CTS anywhere near me and they do not do online sales. BUMMER!

Mine is fitz and floyd

My pattern is whatever comes out by "Chinette" or "Dixie".:D I would love Christmas China, but I'd have nowhere to store it!

dianevill said:
My pattern is whatever comes out by "Chinette" or "Dixie".:D I would love Christmas China, but I'd have nowhere to store it!

ROFL!!!

I'm the same way right now...but my DH (of all people!) was just commenting to me about how nice it would be to have Christmas dishes like my mom and just trade out our normal dishes for those during the holiday season. Exactly where does he think we are going to put them?? Especially with all my new PC stuff I'm getting with my kit...and going to get with my PC bucks and my discount...and no will power! :D

dianevill said:

HA!HA!FUNNY!!

I mainly have mine b/c we do a Ladies Christmas Tea at church and each person that host a table decorates the table with EVERYTHING. I have used the same for the past 2/3 years and I am ready for a change. That is another reason I do not want to spend a lot of money on it.

I wish I was near a lot of store with after Christmas sales, but if Walmart does not have it, we don't see it unless we go 90 miles.

When we have Christmas dinner parties, there are always at least 20-30 people, so I do use the paper products (and I have to admit, it saves on dishwashing!). I didn't use my appetizer plates for Christmas this year because I though it looked goofy to have "nice plates" for some guests and not others.

My kids prefer their Shrek and Barbie plastic plates no matter what the season, so I'm off the hook for a few more years.

dianevill said:
My kids prefer their Shrek and Barbie plastic plates no matter what the season, so I'm off the hook for a few more years.

Don't know the ages of your kids but mine are 17 (18 in two weeks!!! yikes!) and 12. Tonight we ALL ate off of Hercules plates we got at McDonald's YEARS ago. You should get many more years out of those! :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
Don't know the ages of your kids but mine are 17 (18 in two weeks!!! yikes!) and 12. Tonight we ALL ate off of Hercules plates we got at McDonald's YEARS ago. You should get many more years out of those! :)

That's funny - my kids are 7 and 5 - I wonder if those plates will last that long...

I've been collecting the Pottery Barn Reindeer Plates. My mom bought me the salad plates and napkins last year and this year I got the dinner plates and napkin rings. There are eight of them and Rudolph is on the serving pieces! VERY CUTE! After Christmas this year, I went and got the table runner and wine charms. I think my mom went and got the salt and pepper shakers and one of the rudolph serving pieces for next year. http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/sal/salten/saltenlin/index.cfm?cm%5Ftype=lnav I don't think they have any of the plates left online, but you can see the linens. Very Cute!

Hi, my name is Tara and I'm addicted to servingware....bowls, platters...you name it. I even got the caterer's set of silverware from Pottery Barn for Christmas so that I could put it in my Southern Living Astoria Caddy....It's bad...real bad. Anyone with me?

What kinds of Christmas china do you carry?

At Pampered Chef, we carry a variety of Christmas china options to fit your taste and style. Some of our popular designs include traditional red and green patterns, winter wonderland scenes, and festive holiday characters.

Do you have any sets specifically for large holiday gatherings?

Yes, we have several Christmas china sets that are perfect for large holiday gatherings. These sets typically include dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, and mugs, and can accommodate 8-12 guests.

Can your Christmas china be used in the microwave and dishwasher?

Yes, most of our Christmas china is microwave and dishwasher safe. However, we always recommend checking the care instructions for each specific set to ensure proper use and longevity.

Do you offer any matching serving pieces for your Christmas china?

Absolutely! We have a variety of serving pieces to complement our Christmas china sets, including platters, serving bowls, and gravy boats. These pieces feature the same festive designs as our dinnerware sets and are perfect for holiday entertaining.

Can I purchase individual pieces of Christmas china instead of a set?

Yes, we offer individual pieces of Christmas china for purchase. This allows you to mix and match patterns or replace any broken pieces from your set. Simply browse our website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
Replies