• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Right Size Micro Cooker: Tips and Tricks

I don't think I've ever used one at a show. I'd rather show a more expensive item that's microwave-safe.
babywings76
Gold Member
So which size do you use the most? I'm wondering, if I'm going to get one, which one would be the most utilized.

I personally use the large one more.

I have 2 small and 1 large - I use them all the time.
The Large one is great for steaming veggies and the small one for warming left-overs or cooking small amounts. If you are only going to get one, I'd get the large.

I have a family of 4 and I use the large one just about daily. If my husband goes on a business trip, then me and the boys just need the small one for soup or something. It depends on how many you are cooking for...for us, the large is used more.

I have both and use the large far more often! I cook my entire dinner in the large one at least twice a week!

You can always put less into the large - can't put more into the small. :) DH and I use the small one more often, but we use it mostly for heating up a serving or 2 of veggies and that's it.

I use the large one all the time. DH and I seem to eat a lot of meals that require chicken and often forget to pull the chicken out of the freezer before we leave for work. The large is GREAT for cooking chicken that is coming frozen from the freezer.

I use the large one more often.

chefann said:
You can always put less into the large - can't put more into the small. :)

Ann said it all!

Ditto what Ann says! I hardly ever use my small one - just seem to forget I have it. With a family of 4, we use it for cooking frozen hamburg, frozen chicken, and daily for frozen veggies.

chefann said:
You can always put less into the large - can't put more into the small. :) DH and I use the small one more often, but we use it mostly for heating up a serving or 2 of veggies and that's it.

I second that!

LOL - and I rarely use my large one - I use the small one on a daily basis. Sometimes more than once a day!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - and I rarely use my large one - I use the small one on a daily basis. Sometimes more than once a day!

This is exactly what I was going to say.

Okay, so which is used more in your shows?

I use the large one, don't own the small. I'd rather have enough room than not. I am thinking of getting the small one for the times I really only need a small one. I use mine so often that I don't think it actually has a home in my cabinet.LOL

babywings76 said:
Okay, so which is used more in your shows?

I don't think I've ever used one at a show. I'd rather show a more expensive item that's microwave-safe.

1. What sizes does the Micro Cooker come in?

The Micro Cooker is available in three different sizes: 1 quart, 2 quart, and 3 quart.

2. Which size is best for cooking rice?

The 2 quart Micro Cooker is the recommended size for cooking rice. It can hold up to 4 cups of cooked rice, making it perfect for small to medium-sized portions.

3. Can I use the Micro Cooker in the microwave and oven?

Yes, the Micro Cooker is safe to use in both the microwave and oven. However, it is important to note that the lid should not be used in the oven and should only be used for microwaving.

4. What is the difference between the 1 quart and 2 quart Micro Cookers?

The main difference between the 1 quart and 2 quart Micro Cookers is their size and capacity. The 2 quart can hold double the amount of food compared to the 1 quart, making it ideal for larger servings or meals.

5. Can I use the Micro Cooker to cook frozen vegetables or meats?

Yes, the Micro Cooker is great for cooking frozen vegetables and meats. It is designed to evenly distribute heat and cook food quickly, making it perfect for frozen foods. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking times in the instruction manual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • taterbug