• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe for Your Next Party | PC Cookbook

Thanks for your question! I think the Phyllo Nests with Chocolate Mouse recipe is in Sweet & Savory Desserts by Bakerella. You can find the recipe here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KEY3CQS/?tag=cakerella-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KEY3CQS
kcjodih
Gold Member
or an Orange Chocolate Mousse Cake? Has PC ever had a recipe for one and if so, does anyone have it or can direct me to which book to find it in? I have a gal who last week booked a last minute show for the 25th and she'd like this. Her birthday is a few days later so I'm hoping I can just find the recipe and pass it onto her. It's NOT something I'd like to attempt at a show.

Thanks for ANY help you can give!

kcjodih said:
or an Orange Chocolate Mousse Cake? Has PC ever had a recipe for one and if so, does anyone have it or can direct me to which book to find it in? I have a gal who last week booked a last minute show for the 25th and she'd like this. Her birthday is a few days later so I'm hoping I can just find the recipe and pass it onto her. It's NOT something I'd like to attempt at a show.

Thanks for ANY help you can give!

I think I remember something Mousse...let me check....sorry..nothing yet, but I cant find some of my cook books...

Last edited:
Here are the results I get from the PC site when I search for "Mousse"...

Recipe Search Results

Search Criteria

“mousse”

Your recipe search for ... Can be found in ... Page
Cappuccino Mousse Trifle Celebrate 120
Chocolate Silk Mousse in Crispy Shells Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2005 26
Double Chocolate Profiteroles The Pampered Chef® Cooking for Two & More 121
Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie Easy Pies & Tarts
Phyllo Nests with Chocolate Mousse Delightful Desserts 94

Hope it helps. :)

Or there is this one...

Decadent Chocolate & Orange Truffle Cake
----------------------------------------

Ingredients:
2 oranges
1 pkg (12 oz/375 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 cup whipping cream
Icing sugar, to decorate

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Using long strokes, zest whole oranges using Lemon Zester/Scorer. With Chef’s Knife, finely mince orange zest; set aside.

2. Place chocolate chips and butter in Large Micro-Cooker(TM). Microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes. Stir using Classic Scraper after each 30-second interval or until chocolate has melted.

3. Whisk eggs, sugar and cocoa powder in Classic Batter Bowl using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add cream and orange zest; whisk until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into batter bowl; whisk until well blended and glossy.

4. Pour into Springform Pan; spread mixture evenly. Bake 30-35 minutes or until slightly set in the centre but still jiggles (sides will be set and slightly risen). Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; carefully loosen edges of cake from pan. Cool 8-10 minutes; transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle icing sugar over cake using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Cut into slices using Slice ’N Serve(TM). Serve warm or cold.

Yield: Serves 12

Per serving: Per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 29 g, Saturated Fat 17 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Dietary Fibre 4 g, Protein 5 g

Cook's Tip: For deep, rich chocolate flavour, substitute bittersweet chocolate squares for chips.

For a special occasion serve on a drizzle of raspberry sauce with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Tool Tip: Decorate the top of this cake using the Happy Birthday stencil or other design. Place stencil of choice from our Cake Stencil Set over cake. Sprinkle icing sugar over stencil using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Carefully remove stencil lifting straight up.

WOW!!! That sounds DIVINE...but theres no crust....:confused:
I think I'm gonna give it a whirl!!!;)

SummerG said:
Here are the results I get from the PC site when I search for "Mousse"...

Recipe Search Results

Search Criteria

“mousse”

Your recipe search for ... Can be found in ... Page
Cappuccino Mousse Trifle Celebrate 120
Chocolate Silk Mousse in Crispy Shells Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2005 26
Double Chocolate Profiteroles The Pampered Chef® Cooking for Two & More 121
Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie Easy Pies & Tarts
Phyllo Nests with Chocolate Mousse Delightful Desserts 94

Hope it helps. :)

Does anyone have the Phyllo Nests with Chocolate Mouse recipe? Im trying to find some recipes to go with the candied flowers show stopper. Im doing a show for a flower distributer.

1. How long does it take to make this chocolate mousse cake?

The total prep time for this recipe is about 30 minutes, plus an additional 2 hours for chilling in the refrigerator.

2. Can I substitute the dark chocolate for milk chocolate?

Yes, you can use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate for a sweeter flavor. However, the texture may be slightly different.

3. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

4. Do I need any special kitchen tools to make this recipe?

You will need a springform pan and a stand mixer or hand mixer to make this recipe. You can also use a whisk, but it may take longer to achieve the desired texture.

5. Is this chocolate mousse cake gluten-free?

Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free chocolate and check the labels of all other ingredients to ensure they are also gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
leftymac
  • rebeccastt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB