• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Cake With Soft Center? Need Name of It.

The first question is easy - you can make the appetizer ahead of time and just let it cool. The second question is a bit more difficult. If you make the Molten Sk. Brownie at home, you may have a hard time pouring the choc. fudge sauce from the batter bowl without it spilling down the side of the BB. You could try using a cake decorating spatula to help with this. Alternatively, you could try using a cake stand.
genburk
Silver Member
I have a host looking for a chocolate cake with a 'melted' or 'gooey' chocolatey center. I am not sure which chocolate cake she is referring to. She said she had it at another show a few years ago and didn't remember the name. Any ideas? and can you include the recipe or tell me where to find it? I was wondering if it might be the molten lava cake, but have never had it to know what it looks like..

Thanks so much. It is hard to find a recipe for an item when you don't know the name........

I would guess the Molten Chocolate Tunnel cake. It is on the PC website. It's good and has a pudding center.

janetupnorth said:
I would guess the Molten Chocolate Tunnel cake. It is on the PC website. It's good and has a pudding center.

If someone finds the recipe - could you post it here?

Sure - hold on I'll go get it...

Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake

Ingredients:
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 1/4 cups milk
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pint fresh raspberries
Whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a 10-inch circle of Parchment Paper; place in bottom of Baker. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, eggs and water; mix until smooth. Pour 1 1/4 cups of the batter; set aside. Spread remaining batter over bottom of Baker.

3. Using Small Scoop, scoop pudding in circular pattern 1/2 inch from edge of Baker. Spread remaining batter over pudding. Bake 35-40 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from Baker, carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.

4. Combine remaining chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted; mix until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the glaze; set aside. Pour remaining glaze over cake. Spread glaze to edge of cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Place raspberries evenly over top of cake 1 inch from edge; drizzle with reserved glaze. Garnish with whipped topping using Easy Accent® Decorator, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2007

If you want to print it neatly from the PC website, go under recipes and search for it by title.

I am planning on making the Molten Choc. Skillet Brownie at some of my shows coming up... I have a couple questions for those of you who have made it at shows...

1- what appetizer did you make with it? For Feb. I want a stoneware recipe, but I don't want one that will have to bake afterwards. I want to make the Molten brownie before guests arrive, then demo the appetizer, and immediately after the demo it will be ready, like a prebaked pizza crust, tapas, etc..are ready after they are demo'd...
2- I made the Molten Sk. Brownie at home, and had a hard time pouring the choc. fudge sauce from the batter bowl without it spilling down the side of the BB... and it didn't really turn out to be "Tunnels" or "Filled" with the fudge... Any tips/advice?
THANKS!!!!

1. What is the name of the Chocolate Cake with Soft Center?

The name of this delicious cake is "Molten Lava Cake."

2. How do I make the soft center of the cake?

The soft center of the cake is created by undercooking the batter slightly in the center, leaving a deliciously gooey and rich chocolate filling.

3. Can I use any type of chocolate for this cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, whether it's milk, dark, or even white chocolate. Just be sure to use a high-quality chocolate for the best results.

4. What size of pan should I use for this cake?

The recommended size for the pan is a 6-inch ramekin or a 4-inch springform pan. This will ensure that the cake cooks evenly and the center stays soft and gooey.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter and pour it into the pan a few hours ahead of time. Just make sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to bake. You can also bake the cake and reheat it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds before serving to preserve the soft center.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • frozenchef