• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake? How was it?

In summary, the cake has received some mixed reviews, but it is a fairly easy recipe to make and highlighted some of the products featured in the ad. Another tip provided was to cut the ginger in the batter and glaze recipe in half.
Chef Shari
Any reviews on this cake? I made it this afternoon and it looks very good. I'm ok with it, but I had my hubby test it as well and he wasn't too thrilled with the mix of ginger and chocolate. He likes chocolate, he likes ginger, but usually the ginger is in something we stir fry, etc.
Any one else find this an unusual pairing? I'm wondering if this would be a good show choice. It was super easy to make and I like the products it highlights. The recipe calls for 2T. of freshly grated ginger. I am wondering if I cut back on the amount of ginger, if that would help.

A clustermate of mine made this and brought it to our last meeting. We all liked it. Thought it was different, but not too weird. I thought it was a nice difference. I'm trying to remember if she said she did anything different to it. She may have decreased the amount of ginger, but I'm not positive...I can ask her. :)

babywings76 said:
A clustermate of mine made this and brought it to our last meeting. We all liked it. Thought it was different, but not too weird. I thought it was a nice difference. I'm trying to remember if she said she did anything different to it. She may have decreased the amount of ginger, but I'm not positive...I can ask her. :)

Thanks, Amanda!

I heard back from her, but I'm a little confused...I thought the sound of "ginger" in a chocolate cake it would be over powerful with ginger, so it called for like 2 TBSPs of ground Ginger, I put 1 TBSP but all the rest I did what the instructions were. I did grate the 2 inch piece of ginger but I used the old Microplane Grater because I didn't have the new little one to use. I didn't measure that after I grated it, I just assumed it was enough since i used the 2 inch piece of ginger.At first she said she did 1 Tbsp, but then she said she did the 2 in piece of ginger and didn't measure it. I think the recipe calls for a 2 in piece, so does that mean she did 2 Tbsp after all? :confused: And she did do it right--the recipe says you do use the microplane fine grater. ;) Well, whatever she did--we all liked it. I suppose you could use less ginger and see if you like it better. :)Oh wait, I'm re-reading the recipe and for the glaze it calls for 2 tsp of ground ginger...so maybe that's where she cut it down to 1. But she wrote Tbsp....:confused:

I think I will make the cake another time and cut both the ginger in the batter and the glaze in half. I liked the cake, but the ginger was a bit on the strong side. Thanks for sharing your friend's information, Amanda.

I thought it was good and I made it like the recipe said. I'd suggest to have cool whip, ready whip or ice cream to eat with it.

A tip for the ginger (if you haven't heard this) is when you buy a ginger root, you usually only use about 2 inches of it. Cut the rest into 2" pieces, wrap in foil and freeze. Then you have the little bits for the next time you need them.

What is the recipe for the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake?

The recipe for the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the S/S 11 catalog. It includes ingredients such as flour, sugar, cocoa powder, ginger, and chocolate chips.

Is the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake difficult to make?

No, the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake recipe is designed to be easy and accessible for home cooks of all levels. With clear instructions and familiar ingredients, anyone can make this delicious dessert.

Can I substitute any ingredients in the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake recipe?

While we always recommend following the recipe as closely as possible for the best results, you can make some substitutions in the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake recipe. For example, you can use gluten-free flour or coconut oil instead of butter. Just keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different.

Can I use a different type of chocolate for the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate in the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake recipe. Dark, milk, or white chocolate will all work well. You can also use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips for a more rustic look.

How should I store the S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake?

The S/S 11 Chocolate Ginger Cake can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you want to keep it longer, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week or freeze it for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it completely before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
Replies
Views
kspry
Replies
Views