• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choc. Velvet Cake --Adapted to Dairy-Free

In summary, the dairy-free chocolate velvet cake can be made with all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and dairy-free chocolate chips. Non-dairy milk alternatives like soy milk, coconut milk, or oat milk can be substituted for almond milk. To make the cake gluten-free, use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend and ensure all other ingredients are also gluten-free. The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week, or frozen for longer storage. This recipe can also be used to make cupcakes by pouring the batter into lined
peichef
I wanted to try this recipe prior to make it for an event on Friday. My DD has a milk allergy so I substituted milk-free semi-sweet chocolate chips. It was great. Also, for the glaze, I used Tofutti vanilla fudge ice cream (all I could find) & it turned out well.
Just wanted to share for anyone who was curious about making it dairy-free.

Thank you for the recipe!That's fantastic! We're so glad that you were able to adapt the recipe to make it work for you and your DD. We hope that you and your guests enjoy the recipe on Friday. Thanks for sharing your results with us!

Thanks for sharing your experience with making this recipe dairy-free! It's always helpful to hear about substitutions that work well for those with allergies. I'm sure others will appreciate your tip and be able to enjoy this recipe as well.

What are the ingredients for the dairy-free chocolate velvet cake?

The ingredients for the dairy-free version of the chocolate velvet cake include all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and dairy-free chocolate chips.

Can I substitute almond milk with a different non-dairy milk?

Yes, you can use any non-dairy milk of your choice in place of almond milk. Soy milk, coconut milk, or oat milk are all good alternatives.

How do I make the chocolate velvet cake gluten-free?

To make the chocolate velvet cake gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend in place of regular flour. Make sure to check that all other ingredients, such as the chocolate chips, are also gluten-free.

What is the best way to store the chocolate velvet cake?

The chocolate velvet cake is best stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze it for longer storage.

Can I use this recipe to make cupcakes instead of a cake?

Yes, you can use this recipe to make cupcakes instead of a cake. Simply pour the batter into lined cupcake tins and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • ChefetteDuJour