• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the recipe for a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring?

In summary, the Caprese Mini Sandwich thingy in the Celebrations show maybe two years ago was a Caprese Sandwich Ring made with French bread dough and chicken. The original recipe was made with pitas and was a PITA to make.
sklay723
Gold Member
Ok, I am throwing myself on the mercy of the CS court...I've had a group of women who book off each other's shows, and they are wanting me to find a recipe for a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring. Apparently a consultant they knew a few years ago made it for them at one of their shows and they loved it. I have found a recipe for Caprese Pizzas, in the 29 Minutes cookbook, but so far I haven't turned up a recipe for the Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring yet. If anyone has any idea for this, please let me know!!! TIA. :)

There was a Caprese Mini Sandwich thingy in the Celebrations show maybe two years ago? The original recipe was made with pitas and was a PITA to make. LOL! There was a variation to make it into a ring using French bread dough and the consultant probably added chicken to it.Look behind CC, under recipes, theme show archives.

I forgot about this recipe. I LOVE it!!

Caprese Sandwiches
(Season’s Best Spring 2006)
2 tubes refrigerated Pillsbury French Loaf dough
1 tablespoon Basil Blend Canola Oil or olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix or Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
2-3 balls fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (about 8 ounces)
2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 T Basil Blend Canola Oil or olive oil
2 tablespoons light balsamic salad dressing
4 cups mixed baby greens or baby spinach leaves

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Form the two loaves of dough into a ring with seam side down on Large Round Stone; pinch ends together. Brush with oil, spreading evenly. Sprinkle evenly with seasoning mix. Coarsely grate Parmesan cheese over ring using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Bake 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Let cool completely. Slice to form top and bottom.
2. Meanwhile, slice mozzarella cheese using Egg Slicer Plus® and slice tomatoes using Utility Knife; set aside. For pesto, place basil and walnuts on Cutting Board; finely chop together using Food Chopper. Combine basil mixture, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and salt in Classic Batter Bowl; add Basil Blend Canola Oil or olive oil and mix well. Drizzle spinach leaves or baby greens with dressing, tossing to coat.
3. Layer "bottom" with greens, mozzarella cheese, pesto and tomato. Top with remaining bread. Cut into pieces. Secure with sandwich picks, if desired. Serve immediately.

Thank you so much, ladies, for your responses! I never thought to check back on this thread (basically forgot about the post altogether) and was just browsing around tonight and found it. :) I have forwarded the recipe on to one of my hosts (she's a member of my host club now, so I see her every month) to see if that's the one she remembers...I'm almost positive it will be. Again, thanks so much for your help!!!

Hi there! I completely understand your situation and I'm happy to help. I did some research and I found a great recipe for a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring on our Pampered Chef website. It's called the "Caprese Chicken Ring" and it's in our "Recipes" section. It's a delicious combination of chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil, all wrapped up in crescent roll dough. I think your group of women will love it! Let me know if you need any help finding the recipe or if you have any other questions. Happy cooking! :)

What is a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring?

A Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that features a ring of flaky crescent dough filled with chicken, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil. It's a perfect dish for parties or a quick weeknight dinner.

What ingredients do I need to make a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring?

To make a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring, you will need 2 cans of refrigerated crescent dough, cooked and shredded chicken, sliced mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and a few seasonings such as garlic powder and Italian seasoning.

How do I assemble a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring?

To assemble a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring, roll out the crescent dough and arrange it in a circle on a baking sheet. Layer the chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil on top of the dough, then fold the dough over the filling and seal the edges. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Can I make a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring in advance?

Yes, you can make a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring in advance by assembling and sealing the ring, then covering and refrigerating it until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if baking from chilled.

What are some variations of a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring?

There are many variations of a Chicken Caprese Sandwich Ring, such as using different types of cheese like feta or goat cheese, adding other vegetables like roasted red peppers or spinach, or using different types of protein like turkey or ham. You can also experiment with different seasonings to change up the flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• riannasmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
thepartylady
  • Sooner PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pckellyd