• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheffing Success: My First Show Went Well!

In summary, to prepare for your first show as a chef, make sure to plan ahead and be organized by preparing ingredients and materials the night before and setting up your cooking station in advance. To engage with the audience, introduce yourself, interact with guests, and encourage participation through volunteer opportunities, fun facts, and Q&A. To ensure a good time for guests, keep them entertained and involved with games, treats, and helpful tips, and thank them for attending by offering special deals and discounts. If something goes wrong during the show, stay calm and troubleshoot, and for long-term success, follow up with guests, encourage them to host their own shows, and continuously attend trainings to keep your shows fresh and exciting.
PCSarahjm
I had my first show last night...It went well!
First my host was wonderful. She helped with the demos as well as the guests too. I didn't talk about everything I had planned to but didn't find myself searching for something to talk about. So far the show is at the $400 mark and she is collecting outside orders. I also booked a catalog show and one cooking show for June and possibly one for July:). I thought the night went well except there were alot of children there(more children than adults) I found myself trying to talk over them. I am sure this happens so what do you do? My host kept apologizing...she told me ahead of time that most of the guest would bring their children so I was not surprised to see them. What do you other cheffers do to help with a situation like this?

What a wonderful start. Congratulations.

What I do in that situation is ignore the children as much as possible. The parents are used to it, so it's not usually disturbing to them.

WAY TO GO! You had a great show!

Children are tough. I know we have debated this issue many times. I got the idea from someone to set up an area with paper and crayons and tell the kids that you will give them a prize if they draw you a picture. That has helped. I have also involved some of the kids in my demo. One topped a cake with the Easy Accent Decorator. When everyone saw how fun and easy it was to use EVERYONE wanted one.

Try to turn what can be a difficult situation into a postive. The parents I'm sure will appreciate the break.

1. How do I prepare for my first show as a chef?

To ensure success for your first show, it's important to plan ahead and be organized. Prepare your ingredients and materials the night before, and review your menu and recipes. Make sure you have all the necessary tools and utensils, and set up your cooking station in advance.

2. What are some tips for engaging with the audience during a show?

Engaging with your audience is crucial for a successful show. Make sure to introduce yourself and interact with the guests throughout the show. Ask for volunteers to assist with the cooking, share fun facts about the products and recipes, and encourage questions and comments from the audience.

3. How can I make sure my guests have a good time at the show?

A great way to ensure your guests have a good time is to keep them entertained and involved. Incorporate games or contests into the show, offer samples or treats, and provide helpful cooking tips and tricks. Also, make sure to thank your guests for attending and offer them special deals or discounts on products.

4. What should I do if something goes wrong during the show?

If something goes wrong during the show, don't panic. Stay calm and try to troubleshoot the issue. If a recipe doesn't turn out as expected, have a backup plan or alternative dish to showcase. If a product breaks or malfunctions, have a spare on hand or demonstrate how to use it without the broken part.

5. How can I turn my first show into long-term success?

The key to long-term success is to follow up with your guests after the show. Send them a thank-you note or email, and offer to answer any questions or provide additional information. Encourage them to host their own shows and offer incentives for referrals. Also, make sure to continuously attend trainings and learn about new products to keep your shows fresh and exciting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies
Views
Sheila