• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chef Dollars / Auction Party Results...

In summary, this home business owner found success using an auction format for her shows and found that her guests had a lot of fun.
murkey
I had my first Play pampered chef dollars with the auction and such party today.I had 10 ladies and the bucks were a HUGE hit! Everyone had sooo much fun that one lady, who had to leave early, stood up and said "I have been to a LOT of home sales shows and a few PC shows as well, I have to say, this has been THE funnest show I have ever attended!"So... the details. Everyone shared, everyone ohhhhed and ahhhhed. The ladies loved the auction and were more than thrilled to take home the door prizes I gave out. Ladies cheered and participated. but the bottom line?...Only 6 of the 10 ladies bought something AND not a single order was over 2 items, and NOBODY was over $30.00!! 10 ladies attended, everyone got door prizes and proclaimed they had "the best time ever" and the show has not even qualified!! WTH?? Could I have done anything more?! I just don't get it!!Oh and every single lady was thrilled to take my gift but NOT my booking! zero bookings or catalog parties :(

What items did you auction off?

I did mystery gifts with just little clues like "Feeling steamed" or "just in time for the holidays" and then started the bidding. I auctioned a bread tube, a micro-steamer, a "Wisk you a Merry Christmas" presentation and a Pumpkin Plate.:cry::thumbdown:

that was in addition to my door prizes (booking incentive) gifts which were twixits, bamboo spoon, measuring spoon, a polishing cloth from the 99 cent store (awesome though), chocolates, and hand towel from the outlet.

Remember the old saying: why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

They had fun and you gave out a lot of products which of course meant they didn't need to buy as much.

oh and they took my special "purse bags" when I asked everyone to please leave them. Only one was left for me!!! HUGE looser! I lost money before the darned show has even closed and as of right now, it's NOT GOING TO because it's not even qualified. :yuck:

Oh well, Live and learn. :rolleyes: I will NOT be offering the same format again.;) The auction did fantastic so I may continue to do that as it really caused guests to INTERACT, PARTICIPATE, VOLUNTEER and SHARE :chef: It was a hit for fun but a financial failure. Mmmmm, back to the drawing board! LOL :angel:

wadesgirl said:
Remember the old saying: why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

They had fun and you gave out a lot of products which of course meant they didn't need to buy as much.

exactly right! I thought it was part of the "spirit of the event" to cause the guests to be excited about the product and turn into sales. Almost everything I gave was super small and inexpensive and nobody knew what it was they got when the auctioned or when they ordered. It was announced at closing.

Still you are right of course. :cool: I will do this again but DIFFERENT much different! :);)

murkey said:
exactly right! I thought it was part of the "spirit of the event" to cause the guests to be excited about the product and turn into sales. Almost everything I gave was super small and inexpensive and nobody knew what it was they got when the auctioned or when they ordered. It was announced at closing.

Still you are right of course. :cool: I will do this again but DIFFERENT much different! :);)

I had a show the other night that had about 12 people in attendance. I should have known it was going to be a low show when I went around the room for introductions. 1 guest said her favorite product was the pan scrapers, one said it was the mini serving spatula, one said twix-it clips and another said the large serving spatula! Talk about nothing to work with when the entire crowd loves all the cheap stuff!

Don't give up! I just did my second show tonight using an auction format. I'm the one that had started the thread. I saw what success another home business got using this. I just had to try it myself. Last week's show I had 4 bookings. Tonight, I got 5 bookings! (1 Dec. cooking show, 2 Jan. cooking shows, 1 Jan. catalog show, 1 host rebook for March cooking show). They had fun, and wanted to do it again. They hadn't had this much fun at a show before they said. One lady "doubled" what was in the box before opening it. It was "you're having a cooking show". She wanted to double it, because she was excited to play. Find out later, she wanted a show, because she hadn't had so much fun before. She's had shows with another consultant before me.

My last couple of shows - no one's order was over $30 - I guess people are feeling the effects of the economy, I don't know. Here's how I look at it. I don't have any extra money to spend. I am not going to be purchasing anything for anyone this year, it's just not there to spend. So I can understand about having low sales. What I don't understand is the NO BOOOKINGS! My show on Monday, 18 guests, no bookings. My show last night, 8 guests, no bookings. I have a show today, we'll see if I can get any. I'm so bummed - I NEED SOME SHOWS FOR DECEMBER!!!

Have you tried the booking game? Out of 8 guests only one person chose to put her box back. 50% of the boxes have the phrase "you're having a cooking show!" on them. and free products. I don't purchase anything special. I've given out old season's best, retired products I needed to get rid of. It's amazing how people are so into opening a box.

I do something similar with your boxes and I have not had a show without at least one booking. I agree my sales are getting smaller. So far this month I have had 4 shows and none of them have gone over $200. :( I have one more on the 28th as well as my Black Friday sale so hopefully will at least hit the $1500 mark.

murkey said:
oh and they took my special "purse bags" when I asked everyone to please leave them. Only one was left for me!!! HUGE looser! I lost money before the darned show has even closed and as of right now, it's NOT GOING TO because it's not even qualified. :yuck:

Oh well, Live and learn. :rolleyes: I will NOT be offering the same format again.;) The auction did fantastic so I may continue to do that as it really caused guests to INTERACT, PARTICIPATE, VOLUNTEER and SHARE :chef: It was a hit for fun but a financial failure. Mmmmm, back to the drawing board! LOL :angel:

Just remember.. they had a great time.. They might have spent more than they were planning. Money is tight right now. You just gave them a memorable time with PC. That is awesome. It will probably pay off in the long run. Call a few and let them know they won the "special drawing".. a free cooking show. Might turn into something great with "their" friends. I think you hit on something.. just the timing is off for mega bucks right now. Don't give up.

What are Chef Dollars and how do I earn them?

Chef Dollars are rewards that can be earned by hosting a Pampered Chef party or by purchasing products. For every $10 spent, you earn 1 Chef Dollar. These can be redeemed for free or discounted products.

How do I redeem my Chef Dollars?

Once you have earned enough Chef Dollars, you can redeem them by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. They will help you select your desired products and apply the appropriate amount of Chef Dollars to your order.

What is an Auction Party and how does it work?

An Auction Party is a fun and unique way to earn free products from Pampered Chef. As a host, you invite guests to your party and they bid on the items you have selected. The highest bidder wins the item and the host earns free products based on the total sales of the party.

Can I use my Chef Dollars towards an Auction Party?

Unfortunately, Chef Dollars cannot be used towards an Auction Party. However, you can still earn Chef Dollars by hosting the party and use them towards a future purchase.

How long does it take for my Auction Party results to be processed?

Typically, it takes 2-3 business days for your Auction Party results to be processed and for your host rewards to be applied. Your Pampered Chef consultant will keep you updated on the status of your party and rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies