• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Checked or Carry-On Luggage for a Conference: What's the Best Option?

In summary,On the flight, it is best to either check luggage or to take carry-on luggage. If you are traveling non-stop, it is best to check luggage.

What do you do with your luggage on the flight?

• I carry it on... I travel light!

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I check it.

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters
AJPratt
Silver Member
On the flight, do you check or carry on your luggage for conference?

Ooh! I'm not going to conference, but one time I took a family vacation with another family. All 8 of us took only carry-on luggage and it was amazing how easy it made it! Also, you don't have to worry about lost luggage that way. Try it!

Jeanie

I am not capable of traveling that light!!! I am so pathetic! :eek:

Anne, you will find that you will come back with so much stuff that it is easiest to pack in a smaller bag and then put that bag in a larger bag. This way you will have 2 bags to come home with. So, being that I take a large bag with the smaller inside, I check my bag.

Since I travel out of Atlanta Hartsfield Airport, I like to check my luggage. I do not like having to keep up with it as we move through security and to the gate. At the Atlanta airport you really are best off being at the airport two hours before your flight and that is just too much time to keep up with the luggage.

Now keep in mind that I am on a non-stop flight. If I had a stop over I might consider not checking the luggage because of the horror stories of lost luggage. Of course if your luggage does get lost there is always the Magnificient Mile for shopping!

Check w/ the essentials carried on....Hi Ladies,
I check my luggage, but I always pack undies, t-brush, 1 set clothes & jewlery in my carry on. I figure if my luggage gets lost, I can at least go to the store (not in my bath towel) & buy the basics...:p

loreedfk said:
I am not capable of traveling that light!!! I am so pathetic! :eek:

I'm with you sister. :eek: My husband sometimes hates traveling with me. Hee Hee. Oh well. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. :p

Phew... And I thought I was the only one to check my luggage when I read other posters didn't check.

Check it!!I would never be able to carry all my stuff on!! ha ha!!:D :D I do pack a change of clothes in my carry-on. We went all the way to Vienna and didn't loose a thing, so I keep my fingers crossed that I won't this time!!:rolleyes:

I rarely carry on my luggage. It's such a hassle to get into those overhead compartments. I just carry a tote bag with some magazines, my purse, camera, etc. That way when it's time to get off the plane, I just stand up and walk off. I've found that is a lot easier when traveling.

I am also using that idea about bringing a bag inside a bag. I know I heard it on here quite a while back, but last year I didn't have enough to purchase any of the surprise packs so hopefully this year I will be able to purchase at least one of them and I am definately going to get some more PC clothing this time.

I am so glad to hear I'm not alone. There was another thread where they talked about never checking luggage. :eek:

Travelling lightIt'll be my 12th consecutive conference and I can assure you that unless you're walking the stage in a gown, you usually don't need more than you can carry on! Plus who wants to wait in lines to check and collect baggage?
Rosemarie Torem
Director,
Ohio

I'll check with my director, who I'm traveling with to see what she plans on doing. I don't want to hold her up.

My director says to not check luggage but I will never fit all my stuff in a carryon! I am such a shoe hog. I dont know what to do!!!

Related to Checked or Carry-On Luggage for a Conference: What's the Best Option?

What is "toCheck on Not to Check..."?

"toCheck on Not to Check..." is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features delicious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. It is designed to help busy individuals and families make quick and nutritious meals.

How many recipes are included in "toCheck on Not to Check..."?

There are over 50 recipes included in "toCheck on Not to Check..." which cover a variety of meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. There are also options for different dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free.

Are the ingredients in "toCheck on Not to Check..." expensive or hard to find?

No, the ingredients in "toCheck on Not to Check..." are affordable and can be found at most grocery stores. The recipes are designed to use simple and easy-to-find ingredients so that anyone can make them.

Do the recipes in "toCheck on Not to Check..." require any special equipment?

Most of the recipes in "toCheck on Not to Check..." can be made with basic kitchen equipment such as pots, pans, and baking sheets. However, there are a few recipes that may require a blender or food processor for blending ingredients.

Are the recipes in "toCheck on Not to Check..." suitable for beginners?

Yes, the recipes in "toCheck on Not to Check..." are perfect for beginners as they are easy to follow and require minimal cooking skills. The cookbook also includes helpful tips and techniques to make meal preparation even easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ldynred7
  • General Chat
Replies