• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Convenient Luggage Check at McCormick | Hotel Proximity & Chef Successor Tips

are you still planning on going to the Director's Event at McCormick?Yes, I'm still going. I'll just leave my luggage at the hotel and catch the shuttle. I called the Hilton and since we already prepaid for our first night, it's okay to check in AFTER we come back from McCormick later in the evening.
JAE
Does anyone know if our luggage can be checked at McCormick if we don't have time to get to the hotel before our first meeting? Last year I know Chef Successor's talked about being able to check our luggage at McCormick.

I'll have plenty of time to take my luggage to the hotel, but my director will not. I wanted to let her know for sure. I couldn't find any information on the NC area of CC.

Thanks for your help.

We parked our cars at the hotel attached to the convention center and the last day they let us check our luggage. You can always call to be sure.

Jae, I have the same question. I emailed Mc Cormick, but they haven't responded. I was going to call the HO tomorrow.PC does arrange to have a luggage check on the last day of conference because so many people check out of their hotel and then go straight to the airport after closing general session.

I know there was a place to put luggage on the last day of conference at McCormick (I believe anyway) it was for the airlines or something along that line. I need to find out too as my flight leaves Chicago at 4pm on Wednesday and that does not leave time to get from McCormick to hotel to get luggage and get a cab and get to Midway in time.

I am almost absolutely positive that WE CAN NOT check luggage on the first day but yes we can on the last day!

Not sure about 1st day. We checked ours the last day.

I will let my director know. Thanks for the responses. She'll probably have to be a bit late to the meeting.

Is there any way for you or someone else to take her luggage for her?

wadesgirl said:
Is there any way for you or someone else to take her luggage for her?
No. I'm not walking around with more than my own luggage. Just walking with my own luggage was hard enough last year.

JAE said:
Does anyone know if our luggage can be checked at McCormick if we don't have time to get to the hotel before our first meeting? Last year I know Chef Successor's talked about being able to check our luggage at McCormick.

I'll have plenty of time to take my luggage to the hotel, but my director will not. I wanted to let her know for sure. I couldn't find any information on the NC area of CC.

Thanks for your help.

Just so you know - Jen is planning on going to the hotel first and then catching a shuttle to the Director's Event at McCormick....we figured out timing wise that she should be able to make it just fine.....

ChefBeckyD said:
Just so you know - Jen is planning on going to the hotel first and then catching a shuttle to the Director's Event at McCormick....we figured out timing wise that she should be able to make it just fine.....
You may be arriving earlier than us. Do you plan to stand in line to check in while she goes to the shuttle? We're getting off the train around 8 am.

I called the Hilton and since we already prepaid for our first night, it's okay to check in AFTER we come back from McCormick later in the evening. You can just leave your bags with the bellman and go.I have a message in to Meetings/Registration at PC to find out for sure if there will be baggage storage or not. I'll let you know when/if I hear back.

Thanks Debbie - would love to know about day 3~!!!

Day 3 there is always storage and last year there was a company that allowed you to actually check your luggage from McCormick and all you had to do was get yourself to the airport.I got a message back from someone in Registration saying that there would be an unsecure luggage storage area, but she didn't specify if that was just for day 3 or if it would be for day 1 as well.

Jae or Becky - anyway you could post or email us Day 3 and let us know?? I am leaving on Sunday around 230pm.

stacywhitlow said:
Not sure about 1st day. We checked ours the last day.

What was the cost?? Did it make it to the airport okay (if you did that anyway)?? I guess I am worried about it not making it to the airport.

momoftwins said:
What was the cost?? Did it make it to the airport okay (if you did that anyway)?? I guess I am worried about it not making it to the airport.
I'd be concerned that it is "unsecure".

momoftwins said:
Jae or Becky - anyway you could post or email us Day 3 and let us know?? I am leaving on Sunday around 230pm.
What do you want us to post?

JAE said:
I'd be concerned that it is "unsecure".

It was unsecure last year and it was fine. They had a section marked-off by the moveable gate things. There were probably a thousand bags in there.

I remember there being a section somewhere on day 1 for those who came straight to McCormick. It was sectioned off by tape, and yes, unsecrured, but there are many cameras thru the building -- so someone is always watching!

jwpamp said:
I remember there being a section somewhere on day 1 for those who came straight to McCormick. It was sectioned off by tape, and yes, unsecrured, but there are many cameras thru the building -- so someone is always watching!

It seems to me it was behind the PC Information Counter, too. Wasn't there a counter where people were stationed to answer general information? (not the Registration Counters - a smaller counter just inside the doors before the registration counters.) Wasn't the luggage storage just to the side of there?

Related to Convenient Luggage Check at McCormick | Hotel Proximity & Chef Successor Tips

1. What is the process for convenient luggage check at McCormick?

The process for convenient luggage check at McCormick is to drop off your luggage at the designated area, where it will be securely stored until your check-in time at the hotel. You will receive a claim ticket to retrieve your luggage when you are ready to check into your hotel.

2. Is there a cost for using the convenient luggage check service?

There is no cost for using the convenient luggage check service at McCormick. It is a complimentary service provided by Pampered Chef for our consultants.

3. Can I check my luggage at McCormick if I am not staying at the hotel?

Yes, you can still use the convenient luggage check service at McCormick even if you are not staying at the hotel. It is available for all consultants attending the event.

4. What is the hotel proximity to the McCormick Convention Center?

The hotel is located directly across the street from the McCormick Convention Center, making it a convenient and easy walk for our consultants to attend sessions and events at the center.

5. How can I ensure a smooth transition for my chef successor?

There are a few tips to ensure a smooth transition for your chef successor. First, make sure to communicate openly and clearly with your successor about the responsibilities and expectations of the role. Additionally, provide them with any necessary training and resources before your departure. Finally, stay in touch with your successor and offer support and guidance as needed during their transition period.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JAE
  • MomToEli
  • General Chat
Replies