• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling with Health & Beauty Aids: Checked vs. Carry-On

The TSA has "strict" rules for everyone (I think they have some cutsey saying like 3-1-1 - 3 ounces, 1 quart bag, 1 per person, or something cheesy and hard to remember like that). However, they are enforced differently throughout the country. Grand Rapids, for example, is very strict....shoes off, computers out, jackets off, no liquid outside of the rule, and they bomb swab everything! (Maybe that's just me....I didn't think I looked suspicious....maybe that's only upside down.) At LAX last year, they took away a jar of currant jelly from my 87-year old grandmother. Yeah, cuz last time I looked, elderly women from
lisa717
OK..we don't travel often..let alone fly anywhere....what is the policy on the health and beauty aids? Can you pack bigger bottles in your checked in luggage...and only travel size on your carry on???? Help me here..thanks!

Yep! I think (and I'm not doing that so well here lately) that it's a 3 oz minimum on carry on.

LOL!!

You can pack whatever you need in your suitcase, (providing its not harzardous) - I am not sure they have lifted the ban on liquids in carry on so I wouldn't - I believe your best bet is to check your carrier -

Where in NY Lisa??

Thanks....I looked on the airlines website...looks to be safe in the checked baggage and 3oz or smaller inn a ziplock bag carry on..thanks...

I am right along Lake Ontario between Oswego and Rochester...

Yep, you can bring containers 3 oz or smaller, and they half to fit into a 1 quart ziploc bag. Also, this includes all liquids such as bottled sodas or waters, so make sure if you are buying any to buy them after you go through security. We just went to Florida and my sister got yelled at by the TSA guy for having a bottle of water in the side pocket of her bag, she had forgotten it was there.

The TSA has "strict" rules for everyone (I think they have some cutsey saying like 3-1-1 - 3 ounces, 1 quart bag, 1 per person, or something cheesy and hard to remember like that).

However, they are enforced differently throughout the country. Grand Rapids, for example, is very strict....shoes off, computers out, jackets off, no liquid outside of the rule, and they bomb swab everything! (Maybe that's just me....I didn't think I looked suspicious....maybe that's only upside down.)

At LAX last year, they took away a jar of currant jelly from my 87-year old grandmother. Yeah, cuz last time I looked, elderly women from Wyoming, Michigan were smuggling explosives on a plane disguised as jelly. The funniest was when they TSA guy asked my mom (who had my grandma's bag because she had to be hand wanded because of a pacemaker) what it was. She said, "Um. I'm pretty sure the sealed jar is labeled 'red currant jelly'". Like duh.

However, in Miami a few mere months ago, my sister, apparently ignorant of the 3-1-1 rule had like a bottle of hand sanitizer, and some other small bottle of liquid that I can't remember what it was. She had no baggie. I kept telling her that they'd make her throw it out, and she was like "What for?" So I explained the rule to her. At which point she put the hand sanitizer in the pocket of her jeans, and when we got to the front of the line, she told the TSA employee at the machiney-thingie that she had this bottle of whatever, and the lady was like "Yeah. That's cool." and through we went.

And she was a Security Forces Captain in the Air Force :) She won't even speed, she's so law abiding.

Gotta love 'safety' for the sake of making people think they're safer.

It's just easier to pack everything in your checked luggage and not have to worry about it. Security goes much faster that way too!

lisa717 said:
Thanks....I looked on the airlines website...looks to be safe in the checked baggage and 3oz or smaller inn a ziplock bag carry on..thanks...

I am right along Lake Ontario between Oswego and Rochester...

Oh so you are way upstate! BRRR...:)

chefbritt said:
Yep, you can bring containers 3 oz or smaller, and they half to fit into a 1 quart ziploc bag. Also, this includes all liquids such as bottled sodas or waters, so make sure if you are buying any to buy them after you go through security. We just went to Florida and my sister got yelled at by the TSA guy for having a bottle of water in the side pocket of her bag, she had forgotten it was there.

But you can bring an EMPTY water bottle through security. I have the PC one from leadership and I got through security with it empty. I love to take it along with me wherever I go so I don't have to constantly buy a bottle of water, I can just fill mine up.

Related to Traveling with Health & Beauty Aids: Checked vs. Carry-On

1. Can I bring my full-sized bottles of shampoo and lotion in my checked baggage?

Yes, you can bring full-sized bottles of liquid toiletries in your checked baggage. However, we recommend placing them in a sealed plastic bag to prevent any potential leaks or spills during the flight.

2. Are there any restrictions on the size of toiletries I can bring in my carry-on bag?

Yes, the TSA has restrictions on the size of liquid toiletries that can be brought in a carry-on bag. All liquids must be in containers that are 3.4 ounces or less, and all containers must fit in a single quart-sized plastic bag. This includes items like shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, and other liquids.

3. Can I bring my electric toothbrush in my carry-on bag?

Yes, electric toothbrushes are allowed in both checked and carry-on baggage. Just make sure to pack it securely and remove any batteries before packing.

4. Are there any specific rules for bringing medications on a flight?

Yes, medications are allowed in both checked and carry-on baggage. However, they must be in their original containers with the prescription label attached. It's also a good idea to bring a copy of your prescription or a doctor's note in case there are any questions at security.

5. Can I bring my razor in my carry-on bag?

Yes, disposable and cartridge razors are allowed in both checked and carry-on baggage. However, straight razors or safety razors with removable blades are only allowed in checked baggage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views