• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Question About Flying...

In summary, the conversation revolves around the question of what is allowed in carry-on luggage when flying, specifically regarding liquids and gels. It is recommended to follow the instructions on the TSA website and to pack all liquids and gels in containers of 3 oz or less in a clear ziplock bag. It is also mentioned that the airline's website should have information on carry-on bag size restrictions. The possibility of shipping items back home and the availability of FedEx at the destination is also discussed.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Okay, this is my first time (if I didn't say it before) to fly. I think because of the price to check my luggage I'm going to carry on. What does this all entail? Will they have to dig through my luggage or do they just x-ray it? What about makeup? I know the issues with liquids but how does makeup fall into this issue? I have eye primer in a small squeeze bottle, along with face wash and day/night acne cream that I use that is in separate bottles.

I tried to ask my SIL who flies every month for her job but she just says she checks her luggage to avoid the hassle. Doesn't help me much! She has the money to cover checked luggage.

It's my understanding that even now, all liquids and gels must be 4 oz or less when you carry on your luggage. My hair product comes in a container that is more than 4oz, so I just repack some of it in a smaller container. You're supposed to pack all your liquids/gels in a clear bag to pull out of your luggage and put thru the scanner, but I never do that and have not been searched. Since it's your first time flying and you'll probably be excited/nervous, just follow the instructions on the TSA website and there will be less chance of a hassle.

Enjoy!

Yep, all the info is on the TSA website.

Definitely pack any liquids in 3 oz containers or smaller and put them in the Ziploc bags. I fly weekly for my job and have seen many items get confiscated. Also, check with your airline (their website) as to the maximum size carrry-on you can bring. Most limit one bag and one personal item such as a laptop or purse.

The TSA website that Deb and Susan are referring to is TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Also, don't forget you will be coming home with more than you left with. It may be worth the checked bag fee to have the room in your bag for your conference freebies!

amy07 said:
Also, don't forget you will be coming home with more than you left with. It may be worth the checked bag fee to have the room in your bag for your conference freebies!

True, I didn't think about that! Ugh! I don't even own luggage so I picked a carry-on piece out for Christmas. Maybe I'll have to go change my mind! :(

What about items that are already in less than 3 oz tubes but are not see-thru? Does that matter?

I already checked my airlines website for carry-on bag size but thanks for the TSA website.

The containers don't have to be clear. Just put them in a clear ziplock bag (pretty much so they can see that everything is small). Go to both websites mentioned. Your airline website should really have all of the info you need though. Depending on what you pack, you may be fine. You COULD always ship some stuff back home if you need. It may be cheaper? Depending on the airline, you may not have to pay for the first checked bag? I know that there is a weight limit.

Jules711 said:
The containers don't have to be clear. Just put them in a clear ziplock bag (pretty much so they can see that everything is small). Go to both websites mentioned. Your airline website should really have all of the info you need though. Depending on what you pack, you may be fine. You COULD always ship some stuff back home if you need. It may be cheaper? Depending on the airline, you may not have to pay for the first checked bag? I know that there is a weight limit.

I just checked the website! I thought it had to be clear bottles in a clear bag. Good thing I checked! I might have to practice fitting what I need in a bag!

Does HO have FedEx there to ship stuff just like NC? I'm flying UA and they do charge per bag each way. I think I can make it on one carry-on and just pack smartly. I'm also taking my PC ribbon tote as my purse so I'll have room in there also.

No, FedEx isn't usually at Leadership because there aren't surprise packages. Last year, HO was pretty conscious of the freebies being small items that were easy to tuck into a suitcase between things.

chefann said:
No, FedEx isn't usually at Leadership because there aren't surprise packages. Last year, HO was pretty conscious of the freebies being small items that were easy to tuck into a suitcase between things.

I was going to ask what we typically got at Leadership for freebies.

Last year we got a bracelet and a phone charm/wrist strap.No tote at Leadership, so bring something to put your notebook, etc. in.

Related to Another Question About Flying...

1. How do I earn points for "Another Question About Flying..."?

To earn points for "Another Question About Flying...", you must be a member of the Pampered Chef Rewards program. Then, you can earn points by hosting a party, making a purchase, or referring friends to join the program. These points can be redeemed for rewards such as free products or discounts.

2. Can I use my points to book flights for "Another Question About Flying..."?

No, the points earned through the Pampered Chef Rewards program cannot be used to book flights for "Another Question About Flying...". They can only be redeemed for products or discounts from Pampered Chef.

3. Is "Another Question About Flying..." available for all airlines?

No, "Another Question About Flying..." is only available for select partner airlines that have a partnership with Pampered Chef. These vary by region, so be sure to check the list of eligible airlines before booking your flight.

4. What is the refund policy for "Another Question About Flying..."?

The refund policy for "Another Question About Flying..." is subject to the terms and conditions of the airline you are booking with. It is recommended to review the policies of the specific airline before booking your flight.

5. Can I use "Another Question About Flying..." for group bookings?

Yes, "Another Question About Flying..." can be used for group bookings as long as all members of the group are also members of the Pampered Chef Rewards program. However, the points earned from the booking will only be awarded to the account of the person who made the reservation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dennyb1998
  • wadesgirl