• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

was not cut out for it. She had a terrible time and I am so glad that she is home safe and sound. Part of me wishes she would have stuck it out and tried it, but then again I don't want her to be an actor or anything. She is 11 now and I would hate for her to regret anything later on in life.I think it is a great idea for her to get into acting. She is so smart and has such a great imagination. Plus, it would be a great way to use her singing skills.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
I think I will be able to recite the ENTIRE movie soon as well as sing all of the songs!!

DD is auditioning in a week for a role in the school play of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. I feel like the song "Candyman" will never leave my head. I think I may dream about the song.

She sings night and day, day and night and is now working on her speaking audition as well. They gave her a piece from Cinderella to speak...I think she is beginning to look like one of the step-sisters!!

I love the thought of her being in the play, however, I am a bit nervous as in 4th grade she was a peice of cheese in a school play and NEVER SHOWED UP!!! She got stagefright and never came out on stage!! That was only 2 years ago and while she does good practicing at home, I am concerned that she will "shut down" again. We'll find out!!

In the meantime..."The Candyman CAN!!!!!"

hahahahaa.

dont worry though - things change in 2 years.
best wishes to your dd.

Hey, I have a Lumpa Oompa costume that she can have if she gets that part. It has the white stockings with brown stripes, brown overalls and the green hair wig.

crissy11 said:
Hey, I have a Lumpa Oompa costume that she can have if she gets that part. It has the white stockings with brown stripes, brown overalls and the green hair wig.

Oh my word!!! That would be awesome. I will let you know for sure when I find out. Probably about 2 weeks. Wait what size is it? She is 11 and wears a 12 girls...but still...HOW CUTE!!!

Oh I loved that show as a kid, well I still do :) I think I have seen that movie at least a dozen times. My DH sings the umpa lumpa song when he washes the dishes.

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do
I have a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me
What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?
Eating as much as an elephant eats
What are you at getting terribly fat?
What do you think will come of that?

I don't like the look of it

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-da
If you're not greedy, you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do

Oompa Loompa Song
Violet Beauregarde

I have another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-da-dee
Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile
But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
Chewing and chewing all day long

The way that a cow does

Given good manners, you will go far

Oompa Loompa Song
Veruca Salt

Who do you blame when your kid is a brat?
Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat
Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame
You know exactly who's to blame

The mother and the father

If you're not spoiled, then you will go far

Oompa Loompa Song
Mike Teevee

If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get from a glut of TV?
A pain in the neck and an IQ of three
Why don't you try simply reading a book?
Or can you just not bear to look?

You'll get no... you'll get no... you'll get no commercials

If you're not greedy, you will go far

I know I need to get a life...

That was GREAT!!! I will have to let DD see this!! Well not now b/c she is in bed, but later on!! LOL !!

My daughter wore it when she was 11 for Halloween that year. She was 5 foot then and it was just a tad snug but was fine. I have a picture if I can find it and get it to scan in. We painted her face orange and it took about 5 coats because it kept absorbing into her skin. Finally after the 3rd coat I applied makeup base and then put two more coats on. It was hilarious! We scrubbed her face good before bedtime. I just knew she would wake up with a million zits.

My DD was just in Willie Wonka Jr. this past May! She shared the role of the Candy Man. I can SO relate to knowing it backwards and forwards. She was also an oompa loompa - now I wish we still had the costumes. I just got rid of them a couple of weeks ago. Keeping my fingers crossed that she gets a fun part and doesn't have stage fright!

Chris, she may surprise you now that 2 yrs have passed. One of my DSs, show is painfully shy took it upon himself to a) audition, b) get chosen and c) perform a solo performance of "if you're happy & you know it" for the school talent show this spring. (He was in gr 1.)
He didn't tell me until the day before. Parents weren't allowed to go to the show, but by all accounts, he had the entire school (over 300 kids + staff) on their feet singing along.
This from the boy who wouldn't stand with his preschool class in front of less than 40 people (most of whom he knew) for a concert 2 yr ago.

1. How does the chocolate river work in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory"?

The chocolate river in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" is a fully-functioning river made entirely of chocolate. In the story, Willy Wonka created the river by using a special combination of ingredients and machinery. It is constantly flowing and replenishing itself, and is safe for the characters to swim in and drink from.

2. What is the significance of the golden ticket in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory"?

The golden ticket in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" is a symbol of hope and opportunity. It represents the chance for the characters to escape their mundane lives and enter a magical world filled with wonder and excitement. It also serves as a plot device to introduce the main characters and move the story forward.

3. How does the factory tour work in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory"?

The factory tour in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" is a guided journey through Willy Wonka's eccentric and fantastical chocolate factory. It is filled with interactive and imaginative exhibits, such as the Inventing Room and the Chocolate Room, where visitors can see how the candy is made. The tour is led by Willy Wonka himself and is known for being unpredictable and full of surprises.

4. What is the message or moral of "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory"?

The message of "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" is that greed and selfishness will ultimately lead to downfall, while kindness and integrity will be rewarded. The story teaches the importance of valuing family and being grateful for what one has, rather than constantly wanting more and disregarding the feelings of others.

5. Is "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" appropriate for children?

Yes, "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" is generally considered appropriate for children. However, some younger viewers may find certain scenes, such as the tunnel scene or the Oompa Loompa songs, to be scary or unsettling. It is always recommended for parents to use their own discretion and research the film's content before allowing their child to watch it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies