• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What was it like seeing Blake Shelton perform at Navy Pier for free?

In summary, Kristi attended a free Blake Shelton concert where he sang acapella and took song requests from the audience. She requested "Ole RED" and got great pictures and videos of the performance. Later on, Miranda Lambert joined him on stage and they sang together. Kristi also shared pictures and videos of the concert on photobucket. Many people in the conversation expressed their love for Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert's music. Some even mentioned that they are dating.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Was so cool because they were doing a FREE Blake Shelton concert!! We went to it and had a BLAST!! There was no band just him and his guitar singing acapella (sp?). :) He said that he's never done a concert like that so he was trying to think of what song to sing next. So, being the socializer I am, yelled out "Ole RED!!" He of course heard me, and started playing it. Everyone around me started saying "Yeah!" and nudging me! It was too cool! I got some really great pictures and video! I'll try and upload to photobucket now and post the pics! Love it!

Anyone else like Blake Shelton? Oh yeah, he said "Would you guys like to hear someone else sing with me?" Of course, we said yes! He brought Miranda Lambert out! She sang Kerosene and a few other songs. :D

Just thought I'd share! :D

I don't know anything about Blake Shelton, but I'm glad you found the concert and had fun. Don't know Miranda Lambert, either.

Now that must have been fun!

How cool!! National Conference and hottie country singers!

No. Not a fan of country music.

Okay, here's pics:

DSC02172.jpg

DSC02180.jpg

How Awesome Kristi!! Where at Navy Pier was it and what time. We were down there all night. Did you see the fireworks? How incredible they were.

It was in the Grand Ballroom inside. I did see the fireworks, it was at 8 and ended at 9!

Oh, I am so very jealous. They are 2 of my favorite country singers. I bet it was wonderful!

How awesome!

I love all kinds of music ... not a big fan of country but boy is he a cutie!

When did this happen?

Navy Pier is the best ... we went down on Saturday night and saw fireworks and Cirque!

Alright, here's the rest...

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x157/kristitar/Blake%20Shelton/

Don't forget to watch the videos!

Those are great videos and pics. I love both Miranda and Blake. Have been a huge fan of Blakes since Austin. Home is one of my fav songs. I saw him a few years back-still awesome.

WOW, You lucky duck!!! He's a hottie!!

I'd still take Trace or Toby anyday, lol. :love: Don't tell my hubby!!;)

Lisa

OMG!!! How lucky you were. I love both Blake and Miranda. That would be worth the trip, just to be able to see them.

Thanks for posting the pictures and videos!

PampMomof3 said:
Was so cool because they were doing a FREE Blake Shelton concert!! We went to it and had a BLAST!! There was no band just him and his guitar singing acapella (sp?). :) He said that he's never done a concert like that so he was trying to think of what song to sing next. So, being the socializer I am, yelled out "Ole RED!!" He of course heard me, and started playing it. Everyone around me started saying "Yeah!" and nudging me! It was too cool! I got some really great pictures and video! I'll try and upload to photobucket now and post the pics! Love it!

Anyone else like Blake Shelton? Oh yeah, he said "Would you guys like to hear someone else sing with me?" Of course, we said yes! He brought Miranda Lambert out! She sang Kerosene and a few other songs. :D

Just thought I'd share! :D

How awesome! And Miranda Lambert!!! I love her!

I heard on the radio today that they are dating.

I bet that was FUN! I love him - you know he is best friends with Elliott Sadler (NASCAR to those who dont know.....) he is in a bunch of Blakes videos. Very Cool you saw him - he's one of my favorites!

I get it now - the race was in Chicago this weekend - some things take me a minute! :D

You're sooooo lucky Kristi!!!!! I'm jealous too! Love country! Am going to see Keith Urban in August and I can't wait! :) I'm sure you had an awesome time.

Wow, so lucky. They sounded just as good singing without a full band as on their albums! That's the mark of a true great singer. I could probably sound good with all of the electronics that the studios have! LOL And anyone in my family will tell you, I don't sing good! My 3 year old DD tells me, "Mommy, you're not a good songer"! LOL

I saw Blake about 5 years ago, here in Grand Junction at a local bar. Isn't he awesome? Really down to earth it seemed to me. Wish I was in there NASCAR and Blake. :(

I am a huge Blake fan!!! And Miranda too!!:):) The videos & pics were awesome!!!

Oh man! I missed that.

PampMomof3 said:
There was no band just him and his guitar singing acapella (sp?).

Music lesson!
'a cappella' translates to "of the chapel" and refers to vocal music without any instruments. If he was singing while playing a guitar then it was not a cappella, as a guitar is an instrument.

end music lesson

chefann said:
Music lesson!
'a cappella' translates to "of the chapel" and refers to vocal music without any instruments. If he was singing while playing a guitar then it was not a cappella, as a guitar is an instrument.

end music lesson

Thanks Ann, I had no idea. :eek:

How cool Kristi! I bet that was awesome!

WOW! Was that Sun. night? We were in Chicago but didn't go to Navy Pier until Mon. night. What a bummer! Blake Shelton ranks right up there with George, Clay, and Brad! He's going to be at our State Fair in Sept. Guess I'll have to wait until then to see him.

1. What is the date and time of the "Navy Pier & Blake Shelton" event?

The event will take place on Saturday, August 14th at 7:30pm.

2. How much are tickets for the "Navy Pier & Blake Shelton" event?

Tickets range from $50 to $150, depending on the seating section.

3. Is there a VIP experience available for the "Navy Pier & Blake Shelton" event?

Yes, there is a VIP experience available for an additional cost. It includes a meet and greet with Blake Shelton, a photo opportunity, and exclusive merchandise.

4. Can I bring outside food and drinks to the "Navy Pier & Blake Shelton" event?

No, outside food and drinks are not allowed at the event. However, there will be a variety of food and beverage options available for purchase at Navy Pier.

5. Is there parking available at Navy Pier for the "Navy Pier & Blake Shelton" event?

Yes, there is parking available at Navy Pier for an additional fee. There are also alternative transportation options, such as public transportation and ride-sharing services, available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
hankins
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampMomof3