• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Buy Back Program: Earn Rewards for Returning Unused Catalogs

In summary, the author is frustrated because she always offers her catalogs before the show and then her hosts want more after the show. She is considering offering a $1 off coupon for as many catalogs as the hosts can return.
chefsteph07
Remember the days when you could take your old glass soda bottles into the store for a 5 or 10 cent refund? I feel like doing this w/ my catalogs and hosts. I just got a new supply order about 10 days ago w/ a new pack of catalogs and I have exactly 2 left. I am so frustrated! I always give the host 4-5 BEFORE the show, then they want 3-4 AFTER the show...I feel like telling them when we close out if they can round up as many catalogs as they can I'll give them 10 cents for every book they give back...does that sound like a lame idea? I have 2 more shows at the end of the month and I don't really want to spend the extra shipping for ANOTHER pack! Ugh!

LOL! Sounds great! Of course, I doubt they would for 10 cents!

I don't know . . . Maybe to offer a certain amount (maybe $1) off their order if they return all but one of the catalogs. (I like to leave one for the host so she can start dreaming for her next show.) I could see lots of my hosts going for that.Thankfully, I get a lot of mine back. I also get a lot of reusable supplies back from the vast majority of my hosts.

chefsteph07 said:
Remember the days when you could take your old glass soda bottles into the store for a 5 or 10 cent refund? I feel like doing this w/ my catalogs and hosts. I just got a new supply order about 10 days ago w/ a new pack of catalogs and I have exactly 2 left. I am so frustrated! I always give the host 4-5 BEFORE the show, then they want 3-4 AFTER the show...I feel like telling them when we close out if they can round up as many catalogs as they can I'll give them 10 cents for every book they give back...does that sound like a lame idea? I have 2 more shows at the end of the month and I don't really want to spend the extra shipping for ANOTHER pack! Ugh!

Wow - you are very generous with your catalogs! I give my hosts 2 in their host packet (assuming they have one from the show they attended) and then, after the show, IF they need more, I give them 1-2 more!

I don't get hardly any of mine back..I can just imagine how many of them end up in the trash...
Maybe I will offer $1 off for as many as they can give back...I know I need to do something!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - you are very generous with your catalogs! I give my hosts 2 in their host packet (assuming they have one from the show they attended) and then, after the show, IF they need more, I give them 1-2 more!

I don't mean to be THAT generous..I give the majority of them before the show, but then like last night my host wanted 4 MORE catalogs because she gave this one to that person and this one to another, etc. Now she lost her own catalog and her neighbor wants one, you get the pic...

Good idea!That sounds like a wonderful idea. It's horrible how inconsiderate some of my hosts are. Especially the ones in other sales companies. You would think they would understand.

Maybe something like
"Get a free gift when you give me back my catalogs! These days prices are going up on everything, so I would appreciate the help with my business costs! Please try to get those unused catalogs back to me from your host packets and catalogs from your shows!"

The free gift could be an SB, a quikut paring knife, some nylon pan scrapers or some recipe cards!

I love this idea and plan to use it with my next show! :love:
Debbie :D

Great idea, Debbie.

I don't worry about my catalogs, it's advertising if it's out there some where. I usually give the host 1 catalog when they book their show, 3 catalogs in their host packet. They usually only ask for 1 more afterwards and sometimes I get some back.

I do wish that we had other quanities to purchase. I bought 25 and went through those literally within a week so I just purchased 100 more. Guess what, I probably won't go through as many now that the season is almost over!

I usually give out 2 or 3 catalogs in the packet and explain that I like to recycle them for the next party when possible...I do it for any left over invitations, etc. also...usually, the hosts are very good about it...so far, so good.

I didn't even think about this. I send out 2 catalogs in my packet and give the host 1 when she books. I'm thinking maybe adding something to the host letter about returning them as someone posted above. Maybe something having to do with recycling, society is going green in every industry, why not put that spin on our business.

My recruiter has stickers that go on her catalogs that say something like "Recycle me - give me to a friend when you are done!" I am not sure how that works or where she got them, but at least it is a cute little note that might make someone think twice before throwing it in the trash.

The Booster has the recycle me stickers.

My director has a sticker on her host folder that says "please return this folder the night of your show so that I can restock it for the next lucky hostess!" I don't think as you go over the package with the host to plant the seed that you'll take back any catalogs they are done with to re-use, and offer to leave one for them to drool over. (Unless it's close to a new one, then just offer to drop off the new one when it comes out!)

I know how you feel. Although I did get a recruit (to this day I have never met) because she found my catalog laying in her break room at work. So you never really know. I usually give anywhere from 2-4 catalogs to the host depending on who it is. I have a catalog show this July and the lady doing it REQUIRES 25 catalogs! Last time I didn't get any back either. It was almost a $1K show so I went ahead and did it for her. Hopefully this time around will produce the same results (only maybe I will get some of the catalogs back this time)!

Since I get most of mine back, this isn't necessarily a big issue for me. Like someone else said, it's out there with my name on it. I've gotten some response from people who found one of my catalogs or was given one by someone who once attended (or ordered from) a show. That said, if you feel like you're losing a decent chunk of change on "lost" catalogs, there are some good ideas here.

wadesgirl said:
I don't worry about my catalogs, it's advertising if it's out there some where. I usually give the host 1 catalog when they book their show, 3 catalogs in their host packet. They usually only ask for 1 more afterwards and sometimes I get some back.

I agree...I use my catalogs as business cards...but better! My host packets are in a 2 pocket folder. 3 catalogs in there too...with a label on the inside:

LET'S RECYCLE ! ! !
I will be GLADLY to take off your hands any leftover catalogs, invitations, etc.

I typically get 2 out of every 3-4 parties host packets back.

I usually get about 1/2 the catalogs back from what I used at a show, as guests keep them. This is fine and I encourage it, however my last bridal shower, when the party was over, everyone was helping clean up and about 25 of my catalogs went in the trash. No saving them with all the leftover drinks and food that went in the trash too. I wasn't happy, but certainly didn't say anything. Just keep that in mind if you do a bridal shower and let them know to turn the catalogs back in if they don't want to keep them.

dragonflyz said:
I usually give out 2 or 3 catalogs in the packet and explain that I like to recycle them for the next party when possible...I do it for any left over invitations, etc. also...usually, the hosts are very good about it...so far, so good.

I also tell my guests that I recycle. I mention that if they just can't part with theirs and want to keep it because they might consider ordering again down the road, that's fine...but that if they would rather turn theirs back in so it can be used again, I'd greatly appreciate it. With so many companies and businesses going "green" these days, I tell them it's an easy way for me to do the same! :)

I do encourage my guests and host to keep a catalog as their personal wishbook. I tell them to circle everything they want and leave it out for their loved ones to see. I have had several husbands call for a gift or two.

Here is my thought on catalogs. They aren't going to make any sales sitting in my office but they will make contacts outside of my office.

I think I might start using the recycle and being "green" so I can retrieve some of my catalogs. I will just have to have a fun way to present it so no one is afraid to take one home. Thanks to everyone for the great ideas!

I agree, it is amazing how many people are pack-rats. lol. When I decided to sell, I found an old catalog I had from a consultant I had never met... in fact, I didn't even place an outside order for this show I had the catalog from. The catalog was a couple seasons old by the time I had contacted her to sign up. get those catalogs out there!

I always get my host packet back. I don't even ask for it. Most of my hosts have them sitting on the counter. Plus I usually go through it at the end of the night and leave them items they may need.

I like the recycle sticker, I'll have to go look it up.

Sticking to Business has a really nice recycle sticker:
pi_339.jpeg

Sticking to Business - TRIANGLE - GOLD - Please Recycle - Pass me on to a friend (gold)
Sticking to Business - TRIANGLE - SILVER Please Recycle - Pass me on to a friend (silver)I've been using catalogs in folders at shows to try to cut down on the number that disappear from each show and never result in a sale. Problem is that someone took one of my folders (and there's a "This is a show copy" sticker on it - and it was a $1 plastic folder), and people have written in them, too.

I don't mind guests who take them from the shows...what irks me is that when I leave a few more w/ the host who say they are going to pass it around, who knows if they do, and if they don't I'm sure the host will just throw them in the garbage when they see them lying around. Esp if there is more than one.

I give each host 2 in thier host packet and 3 to catty hosts with and a note that says I'M GOING GREEN!!! Let's Recycle this Host packet for the next host!
and at my shows I'm going a shade of green these days (little chuckle) if you would like your catalog please keep it or if you have a someone who would like it please pass at along if not please pass it back to me!

1. What is the Catalog Buy Back Program?

The Catalog Buy Back Program is a special service offered by Pampered Chef where consultants can return their unsold products from the current catalog for a refund.

2. How does the Catalog Buy Back Program work?

To participate in the Catalog Buy Back Program, consultants must submit a buy back request form within 30 days of the end of the current catalog. The form can be found in the consultant's back office and must be filled out completely and accurately. Once the form is submitted and approved, consultants will receive a return label to send back their unsold products. A refund will be issued for the original product cost within 2-4 weeks of receipt of the returned items.

3. What products are eligible for the Catalog Buy Back Program?

Only products from the current catalog are eligible for the buy back program. The products must also be in new, unused condition and in their original packaging. Discontinued or seasonal items are not eligible for buy back.

4. Is there a limit to how much I can return through the Catalog Buy Back Program?

Consultants can return up to 50% of the total retail value of their previous order through the Catalog Buy Back Program. For example, if a consultant's previous order totaled $1000, they can return up to $500 worth of products through the buy back program.

5. Are there any fees associated with the Catalog Buy Back Program?

There is a 10% restocking fee for all returns through the Catalog Buy Back Program. This fee will be deducted from the total refund amount. Additionally, all shipping fees are the responsibility of the consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef2you
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Heather
  • toaster_pastry
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
  • Sheila