• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Car Magnets Vs. Window Decals Your Thoughts

In summary, the magnets are good for temporary use, but the decals are better for long-term use. The decals are permanent, do not need to be removed often, and can go through the car wash.
BeckyC5830
I'm trying to stir up new business and want to add some signage to my van. I'm interested in your thoughts of the pros and cons of both the magnets vs the decals. Have you received any business by having them on your vehicle? Do the magnets need to be removed often to clean? Can they go through the car wash? Are the decals permanent? Can decals go through the car wash? Have they ever come off while driving? Merrill vs Vista products -- are the qualities the same? Any thoughts and opinions are welcomed. Thank you!

I have a magnet from Vista print. So far no damage to my car. I haven't gone through a car wash since I've had it but I think I'd take it off to do so. I haven't gotten any business yet from the magnet but I haven't had it too long.

Magnets can blow off while you're driving, and you should check/move them frequently so that they don't mask an area of your car that then fades at a different rate than the rest.Before you put any business info on your car, check with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles about regulations. Some states have rules that any vehicle with contact info for a biz (not just a logo) is a business vehicle, and has different insurance/liability requirements in case of accident.

Visually I feel the magnets stand out more than the window decals....

chefann said:
Before you put any business info on your car, check with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles about regulations. Some states have rules that any vehicle with contact info for a biz (not just a logo) is a business vehicle, and has different insurance/liability requirements in case of accident.

Thank you Ann for the heads up! I hadn't even thought the family van becoming a 'business' vehicle. Definitely worth checking out. And thanks for the info on the magnets potentially blowing off.

Well, since I have a Saturn Vue, I'm getting the Window Decals. (when I get around to it!) Magnets would be a waste of money!;)And yes, in Michigan, if you have a business phone # etc... on your vehicle, your insurance rates go up quite a bit!

Hi
I have a Kia Sportage (like the Saturn vue) and just got the regular Pampered Chef decal from Merrill. I have had it on my window since last Fall, live in brutal Ohio with horrendous winters and it stood up well. Just 2 weeks ago, in the parking lot of my Vet's office, someone approached me and asked to have a show! After I picked myself up off the pavement, we procedded and I just finished sending out 45 invitations for her June 14th show. She told me that she had a show 2 years ago, had since moved and was eager to find a new consultant in the area. She also said her last show had 40 guests!!.
I attribute this to my window decal.:love:

I have vinyl lettering from JeriSigns.com and the Merrill sticker on the back window of my Ford Escape. Haven't gone through a car wash. I understand that if I want to remove the vinyl, I would just have to heat it up with something like a blow dryer. Although I think my heating tool for scrapbooking would do the trick too...

So far, I've had someone contact me who had decided to quit her business and didn't want to just throw away her supplies. That turned into a show, and then her firend did a show. The friend is also a TS consultant and works with a lot of other direct sales reps in the area to do booths and holiday bazaar's etc.

I'm sure if I was out and about more (instead of just at work and at home) I'd get more contacts. I've been considering getting a caddy thing to put catalogs in when I park in a parking lot, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I've got a few shows & orders off of my magnets. My hubby won't let me use the decals because he wants me to be able to take them off temporarily, if need be. I really think the decals stand out more. I take the magnets off every week and wash them and the van. The car wash I go to, has a magnet that someone forgot to take off their van before the wash. Lets just say it is a good reminder to take mine off.

I got several orders off my decal on my old truck... just put the magnet on the new minivan!!! I also order the business card magnets when they're free on Vistaprint and put several of them on there too... they disappear occasionally, although I haven't seen business from it yet, it's kind of fun to come out of the store and see if any are missing.

DEFINITELY want to take the magnets off for the car wash...

I've used both and prefer the window decal. The plastic covering on my magnetic sign is peeling and looks yucky. I have the window decal on my 4Runner and have just ordered one to put on the back window of my Avalon. Since I have to order them in pairs (bummer) I'll keep one for back up in case any of the others fail. One of my buddies here uses a plastic holder which hangs off the back wiper of her SUV and hangs old catalogs. She's had several people approach her.

I also order the business card magnets when they're free on Vistaprint and put several of them on there too... they disappear occasionally, although I haven't seen business from it yet, it's kind of fun to come out of the store and see if any are missing.

What a great idea!!! I'll have to try that.

I've had the large detailed window decal from Merrill on the back window of my vehicle for a couple of months. I've only had one call asking me to pull over somewhere to give someone a catalogue. So far the sign now says "he Pampered Chef" (T) is missing and a small e is also missing from Discov r. If it gets any worse, I'll have to take it off.

Had a decal on my van for 3 years and didn't get any business from it. Only one person came up to me and said they wanted information; they never followed through and would never call me back. I don't know that I will put anything on my car Prius. I have left business cards all over the place, but don't get much from them either. The one catalog show that I got from a card I left at the local grocery never closed. A lady ordered from it via my website, but the host would never call me back. I ended up calling the lady that ordered and she decided she did not want to place her order since the host was not following through and she herself only ordered and was interested because of the host. If anyone has any suggestions of ways to get people excited, please share.

What are the main differences between car magnets and window decals?

Car magnets are made of a flexible magnetic material that can be easily attached and removed from a vehicle's metal surface. Window decals, on the other hand, are made of a vinyl material with adhesive backing and are designed to be applied to a car's window or smooth surface.

Which one is more durable and long-lasting?

Car magnets are typically more durable and long-lasting than window decals. They are designed to withstand various weather conditions and can last for several years with proper care. Window decals, on the other hand, may fade or peel over time, especially if they are exposed to direct sunlight.

Do car magnets or window decals leave any residue on the car's surface?

Car magnets do not leave any residue on a car's surface as they are easily removable. However, window decals may leave a sticky residue when removed, which can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol or window cleaner.

Which one is more customizable?

Both car magnets and window decals can be customized with your desired design, logo, or message. However, car magnets offer more flexibility in terms of size and shape, while window decals may be limited by the size of the window or surface they are applied to.

Can car magnets or window decals damage the car's paint or window?

Car magnets are designed to be safe for use on a car's metal surface and will not damage the paint. Window decals may cause damage if they are not applied or removed properly, so it is important to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any potential damage to the car's window or paint.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • sddmom2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies