• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting the Word Out - Car Window Decals or Magnets?

ever use the magnets again! I actually had to go back to the store and buy more Merrill stickers because I lost 2 in one month! They are so much more reliable.
blestmom
I'm brand-new to PC, and am trying to get the word out in lots of ways. I like the idea of the car window decals, but...

...my oldest son just got his license, and we're sharing my mini-van. Being the nice mom that I am ;) I took the tiny pink ballet slippers off the rear-view mirror, as well as the Tinkerbell steering wheel cover, and the Mickey Mouse ears on the dash.

He is not happy about the idea of driving a mini-van around with the Pampered Chef window decals. So he said he would buy me the car magnets, if he could take them off when he is using the car.

My question to any of you who have them is, is it advisable to take them on and off? Or would that lessen their 'stickability' (for lack of a better word.)

Any ideas, suggestions are welcome!

Thanks. :)

Our children weren't crazy about the decals either
BUT, I reminded them they don't pay for their insurance, gas, meals out, or buy their own cars so they had no choice :)

Ok, I'm the mom that says, if you drive MY car, you deal with MY stuff...you don't like it, buy your own car and pay your own insurance....that's how I was raised...You are such a kind mom...

He-he Teresa - we were on the same wavelength!

Plus, you "know" they are where they say they are.... very easy to spot if you need to drive by

I have the magnets and take them on and off a lot. You need to take them off for the car wash, anyway.

Only thing is, make sure you store them flat so they don't get bent.

I had the PC decal on my other car, and it flaked off & started ripping with the first ice/snow. It didn't last very long.

blestmom said:
I'm brand-new to PC, and am trying to get the word out in lots of ways. I like the idea of the car window decals, but...

...my oldest son just got his license, and we're sharing my mini-van. Being the nice mom that I am ;) I took the tiny pink ballet slippers off the rear-view mirror, as well as the Tinkerbell steering wheel cover, and the Mickey Mouse ears on the dash.

He is not happy about the idea of driving a mini-van around with the Pampered Chef window decals. So he said he would buy me the car magnets, if he could take them off when he is using the car.

My question to any of you who have them is, is it advisable to take them on and off? Or would that lessen their 'stickability' (for lack of a better word.)

Any ideas, suggestions are welcome!

Thanks. :)

I agree with the others about leaving them on.

I had to drive my mom's car with "Happiness is being a Grandparent" on the front... remind your son there are worse things that could be on the car and appreciate what he's got. ;)

You should take the magnets on and off occasionally...since they're magnets they will stick as long as your car door has metal in it:)

I purchased the magnets with the older design and I believe the lettering is smaller now...hard to believe as I was VERY disappointed when I got mine. I was going to purchase the newer ones (someone stole 1 of mine late one Sunday night), and when I saw the design at conference I said no way.

Hmm...y'all bring up some good points. So...you think maybe the window decals are a better thing? I saw something on here on another thread where they added their website address. That might be a good idea, too.

Maybe I am too nice, and you have a very good point about the PC business helping pay the gas and insurance! I think I'll use that!

Thanks.

One Of My Magnets Fell Off While Driving!!

vwpamperedchef said:

Ooh...that's not good. Expensive, too. :(

vwpamperedchef said:

Exactly what I was going to say! No way will I do the magnets again. Now that I have a new car (a Chevy HHR) which has back windows you can't roll down, I'm going with the window stickers. I'm just waiting until its warmer out so I don't have to worry about heating the car up in order to put them on.

I did however take KellytheChef's advice and went to http://www.jerisigns.com and had a sign made for my window in the back. I placed a Merrill decal (I got two for free for complaining about the magnet that fell off) and then affixed the sign from Jeri on my car. I love it!! Its professional and attention getter.

I won't ever spend that on the magnets again.

Another point for the taking them off for the teenage son...how is his driving? I would hate for him to cut someone off and thinking that it was the very responsible Pampered Chef lady! I have been so freaked out about being a bad driver once I got my sticker on my car!

Actually, it makes them more accountable if they are a jerk driver it would be very easy for the other driver to call mom!!!

robinlkoch said:
Another point for the taking them off for the teenage son...how is his driving? I would hate for him to cut someone off and thinking that it was the very responsible Pampered Chef lady! I have been so freaked out about being a bad driver once I got my sticker on my car!

I'm blessed that he is an excellent driver, but I think I'm going to do like several of you have suggested and get the window decals, and I also really like the combination with the ones from JeriSigns.com.

Can I get my website anytime? Or do I have to be 'qualified' first? I'd like to put my website on, too.

You can get your website any time. Until you qualify, you just can't get individual (not affiliated with a show) orders or set up registries.

If any of you are considering if getting the window decal on your car let me voice my opinion loud and clear. YES, YES, YES Mine has been on my car for over 3 years. Never has anyone called me to tell me my driving (or my husbands) was out of line. However in the first week I received a call from someone behind me and she placed a $200 stoneware order. I just moved to a new state on the 22nd of December and on the 31st I received a call from someone who had been looking for a consultant for a year but didn't know one. Yes, she placed an order and booked a show for January. (how awesome is that?)

Yes I have my web-site on it as well and I receive online orders each week. I have ladies walking up to me as I go to my car at Chick-fil-A after playing with my children to ask for a catalog which I turn into a sale or a booking.

By all means, get the decal. Mine cost me $35, looks great and has definitely been a benefit to my business.

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I'm the mom that says, if you drive MY car, you deal with MY stuff...you don't like it, buy your own car and pay your own insurance.

...that's how I was raised...

You are such a kind mom...
Exactly what I'd say to my daughter if she were to use my car! And Ps. I have the window decal and love it!

have the magnets love them but must confess I did not order through Merrill but locally receive a recruit lead and severval customer leads. they have the website on them. a must if you are trying to expand yur biz.

chefvivian said:
If any of you are considering if getting the window decal on your car let me voice my opinion loud and clear. YES, YES, YES Mine has been on my car for over 3 years. Never has anyone called me to tell me my driving (or my husbands) was out of line. However in the first week I received a call from someone behind me and she placed a $200 stoneware order. I just moved to a new state on the 22nd of December and on the 31st I received a call from someone who had been looking for a consultant for a year but didn't know one. Yes, she placed an order and booked a show for January. (how awesome is that?)

Yes I have my web-site on it as well and I receive online orders each week. I have ladies walking up to me as I go to my car at Chick-fil-A after playing with my children to ask for a catalog which I turn into a sale or a booking.

By all means, get the decal. Mine cost me $35, looks great and has definitely been a benefit to my business.

What kind of decal is this? Is it full window? Where did you get it?
TIA.

vangogirl said:
What kind of decal is this? Is it full window? Where did you get it?
TIA.

I would love to know where you got the decal with your info on it since Merrill doesnt have that, if you don't mind me asking...:balloon:

Your local sign shop can do vinyl lettering. Mine consists of my two phone numbers and my website address. I have the Discover the Chef in you sticker from Merrill sticker on top of it and my car decal (black with silver) placed on the back door. The cost was $35 and they cleaned my window and installed the lettering for me.

I hope this answers your questions. If you want a photo, I guess I could take one and let you see what it looks like. Let me know.

Does anyone know if you could get one done that is a window cling? My car is a company car & my dad would stroke out if I put a sticker on my (his) window. :)

What are the benefits of using car window decals or magnets for marketing?

Car window decals and magnets are an effective way to get your brand or message seen by a large audience. They are cost-effective, easy to apply, and can reach potential customers in various locations. Additionally, they can create brand recognition and increase visibility for your business.

How can I design an eye-catching car window decal or magnet?

The key to designing an eye-catching car window decal or magnet is to keep it simple and visually appealing. Use bold colors, clear fonts, and include your logo and contact information. Avoid clutter and make sure the design is easy to read from a distance.

What type of material should I use for my car window decal or magnet?

For car window decals, vinyl is the most commonly used material as it is durable and weather-resistant. For car magnets, a thick magnetic material is preferred to ensure it stays in place while driving. It is also important to choose a material that can easily be removed without damaging the vehicle.

How should I distribute my car window decals or magnets?

There are several ways to distribute your car window decals or magnets. You can hand them out at events, include them in customer orders, or leave them at local businesses for people to take. You can also offer them as a free gift with purchase or as a promotional item at trade shows.

Are there any restrictions or laws regarding using car window decals or magnets for marketing?

It is important to check with your local government and transportation authorities to ensure that you are following any laws or regulations regarding car window decals or magnets. Some areas may have restrictions on the size or placement of decals, so it is important to do your research beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • sarahsellcm