• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Freeze Grilled Cheese Sandwiches? Lunch Prep Tips

In summary, they say that you should never freeze a grilled cheese sandwich, but don't offer a reason. M&M's makes frozen grilled cheese sandwiches, and they come on a stick.
kaceyleigh2
Does anyone know if you can freeze grilled cheese sandwiches? I would like to make some up ahead of time for my son's lunches.

I've never done that, I don't see why not.

Thats interesting, Kace! I look forward to seeing the responses!:)

Ok, so I noticed nobody posted and thought I would help you out by searching it online... they say never freeze a grilled cheese sandwich but give no reason why.... hope this helps! ;)

Hmm that's interesting. Thanks! I knew I could count on you ;)

Carissidy said:
Ok, so I noticed nobody posted and thought I would help you out by searching it online... they say never freeze a grilled cheese sandwich but give no reason why.... hope this helps! ;)

Have you ever tried a bite of a cold leftover grilled cheese sandwich?:yuck:

DS will often only eat half of his, and we put the other half in then fridge for later - it's not good. If you make them, they won't reheat well in a microwave, and I doubt he would have stoneware and an oven available for heat his sandwich at lunchtime.....

They have these sandwiches called uncrustables ( they look like someone used our press & seal. They come in cheese & peanut butter & jelly....just defrost & eat....HTH

the PB&J ones are great, in the uncrustables. i get them at costco, much cheaper then grocery store, for my 41 year old husband. :)

Carissidy said:

thats weird m&m's has frozen grilled cheese sandwiches

havent tried them though

vwpamperedchef said:
the PB&J ones are great, in the uncrustables. i get them at costco, much cheaper then grocery store, for my 41 year old husband. :)

sometimes their bigger babies than the babies lol

Oh, my. I'm shocked that you don't make your own "uncrustables" with the Cut n Seal. Tsk, tsk, tsk. And you call yourself a PC Consultant? :) JK!

heather9892 said:

havent tried them though
really? I have never heard of them! The information that I gave her came from a search I did online.. Now I am going to have to keep an eye out for those sandwiches, hehe

heather9892 said:

havent tried them though
Do they come on a stick?

:confused:

Too weird, I'll have to look for them, where did you find them?

1. How do I make the perfect grilled cheese sandwich?

To make the perfect grilled cheese sandwich, start by heating a non-stick pan over medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread, then place one slice in the pan, butter side down. Add your desired cheese on top of the bread, then place the second slice of bread on top, butter side up. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.

2. Can I use any type of cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches. Popular choices include cheddar, American, Swiss, and provolone. You can also mix different types of cheese for a unique flavor.

3. How do I prevent my grilled cheese sandwich from burning?

To prevent your grilled cheese sandwich from burning, make sure the heat is not too high and that you are keeping an eye on it while cooking. You can also use a lid to cover the pan, which will help the cheese melt faster without burning the bread.

4. Can I add other ingredients to my grilled cheese sandwich?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to your grilled cheese sandwich for added flavor and texture. Some popular options include sliced tomatoes, cooked bacon, avocado, or pesto. Just make sure to add them in between the slices of cheese so they don't fall out while cooking.

5. How do I make grilled cheese sandwiches for a large group?

To make grilled cheese sandwiches for a large group, you can use a griddle or a large non-stick pan to make multiple sandwiches at once. You can also use a panini press for an even quicker and easier cooking method. Make sure to keep the sandwiches warm in the oven while making them in batches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SummerG
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies