• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Lunch Ideas for Kids: From Grilled Cheese Quesadillas to PB&J Sushi!

In summary, Carolyn created a buffet lunch for her kids and it was a hit. She changed up the traditional sloppy joe recipe and it was a success.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My kids were getting bored of the same old same old lunch -- so since they are big fans of buffets, I made a buffet lunch for them the other day.

I made one grilled cheese quesadilla & cut it into wedges - arranged it on a plate w/fresh blueberries & raspberries

Turkey roll-ups speared with little pretzel rods...arranged all pretty on a plate w/berries

PB&J sushi - I spread a flour tortilla w/PB&J then rolled it like a sushi roll and sliced it sushi style...laid it on a platter all pretty like the sushi chefs do

Then each kid got a plate and tongs...they got to choose what they wanted to eat - they had a BLAST!
So - all ya'll with kids getting bored this summer - shake things up!!

Cute idea! However, I'm of the lazy mom variety. My oldest is 10 and the next is 8 so they make lunch for themselves and the sisters. Under my supervision of course!

What a good idea!

I have a daytime Power Cooking Show this month w/ a Mom's Group, and they are bringing their kids (the host is providing sitters, and everyone chips in a couple dollars to help pay). I've been trying to think of something fun to do for the kids - this sounds like so much fun!
Thanks Carolyn!

That idea is GENIUS!!!!!!!! I'm so going to use that this week!!!

of course now they ask for a buffet at EVERY meal - LOL

I have done a peanut butter and jelly bar at a MOM's club show. It went over well. We just set out peanut butter (chunky and smooth), a couple of flavors of jelly, some raisins, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips. Then the moms helped each kid make their sandwich and we used the cut and seal to finish them up.

I did a fun dinner last night that my kids LOVED! We eat sloppy joes a lot because we are broke but the kids make such a mess! I put the sloppy joe mixture on a boboli (sp?) crust and covered it with mozz cheese. I threw it in the oven for 15 mins to warm up and to melt the cheese. My picky kids downed the "pizza" and hardly made a mess. It was fun to change it up a bit...

gilliandanielle said:
I did a fun dinner last night that my kids LOVED! We eat sloppy joes a lot because we are broke but the kids make such a mess! I put the sloppy joe mixture on a boboli (sp?) crust and covered it with mozz cheese. I threw it in the oven for 15 mins to warm up and to melt the cheese. My picky kids downed the "pizza" and hardly made a mess. It was fun to change it up a bit...

Sounds awesome! I love Sloppy Joes with cheddar cheese but my kids won't touch sloppy joes...or ground meat of any kind :p

I do this with my little ones from time to time! They eat so much better and so much more than they would if I put a sandwich in front of them!

1. What are some creative and healthy lunch ideas for kids during the summer?

During the summer, it's important to offer kids refreshing and nutritious lunch options. Some ideas include grilled cheese quesadillas with veggies, turkey and cheese roll-ups with hummus, fruit and cheese kabobs, and PB&J sushi rolls made with whole wheat bread and fresh fruit.

2. Can you suggest some lunch options for picky eaters?

We understand that some kids can be picky eaters, especially during the summer when they may be more active and less hungry. Some ideas to try include turkey and cheese pinwheels, fruit and yogurt parfaits, and mini bagel pizzas with their favorite toppings.

3. How can I make sure my child's lunch stays fresh during hot summer days?

Packing lunches in insulated containers or lunch boxes with ice packs can help keep food fresh and safe to eat during hot summer days. You can also freeze water bottles or juice boxes to use as additional ice packs.

4. Are there any vegetarian options for summer lunches?

There are plenty of delicious vegetarian options for summer lunches, such as veggie wraps with hummus, caprese salad with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella, or avocado and cream cheese sandwiches. You can also incorporate protein-rich foods like tofu, beans, and nuts into salads or sandwiches.

5. How can I get my child involved in making their own summer lunch?

Involving kids in the lunch-making process not only encourages independence but also increases their interest in trying new foods. You can have them help assemble their own sandwiches or wraps, make fruit and cheese skewers, or create their own personalized pizza using various toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back