• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Deduct Anything From the Disney Trip?

In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of deducting toll fees and mileage for a trip to Florida from taxes. It was suggested to consult an accountant for a definitive answer. Some consultants write off all marketing materials, while others do not risk it. The value of the Disney trip on the 1099 was significantly higher than the cash option. The value of the Silver level trip was around $3300-3400, while the Excellence Award ring was almost $800.
chefsteph07
I have alot of toll fees/mileage for driving to Fla, can I deduct these from the trip? I know I can't deduct the hotel, etc.

I would think no b/c it wasn't a biz trip...rather a fun vacation you earned :)

Liquid Sky said:
I would think no b/c it wasn't a biz trip...rather a fun vacation you earned :)

This is kind of along the lines of what I thought, however, we do have to pay taxes on it so it "is" kind of a business thing, so I was wondering about mileage/turnpike fees.

I would ask an accountant bc it could go either way

Did you network and get tips from other consultants? I usually will write off my portion, but never my husband or kids. Although, my son got me a recruit a few years ago when he was telling someone how his mom's company took us to Hawaii. I prbably could write off more.

Some consultants do, but I agree with everyone about ask an accountant.

I don't risk it. I do write off all earned products but not tote bags, though I probably could write them off as promotional materials.

I was surprised that the Disney trip (Coronado Springs) wasn't more expensive. The power of buying in bulk :)

you can write off anything that has the Pampered Chef Logo as it is marketing material

Becca_in_MD said:
I don't risk it. I do write off all earned products but not tote bags, though I probably could write them off as promotional materials.

I was surprised that the Disney trip (Coronado Springs) wasn't more expensive. The power of buying in bulk :)

I agree, I was quite shocked that it wasn't more as well!
I do write off all marketing materials from earned products.

I write off mileage to the airport; we extended so I always take catalogs etc. to share with my BIL and Dad -- I take off meals shared with them and extra couple of nights in a hotel since I'm sharing my business info. with them.

how much did PC put on the 1099's for the value of the disney trip? Was it alot more than the cash option last year (whihc i think was $1000)

I'm debating on how to handle Toronto - and how much more Tornoto will be on my 1099 if I take the 900 cash offer instead of the trip. Cash is tight and I'm having to buy two passports (yes i need to do that this week).

In my experience, the value of the trip on the 1099 is always much more than the cash option.

Silver level trip was around $3300-3400, so way more than than the $1500 cash option. Usually the trips are way higher. :)

Thank you, that gives me what i need to make the educated choice this year!

First level of Disney was around $2,500. I was more SHOCKED by the "price" of my Excellence Award RING!! Almost $800! Can't write that off either. :(

Related to Can We Deduct Anything From the Disney Trip?

1. Can we deduct the cost of our entire Disney trip?

No, unfortunately you cannot deduct the entire cost of your Disney trip. The IRS only allows for certain expenses to be deducted, such as transportation, lodging, and meals.

2. Can we deduct the cost of park tickets?

Yes, park tickets can be deducted as a travel expense if they are necessary for your business or work. However, if the trip is purely for personal enjoyment, park tickets cannot be deducted.

3. Can we deduct the cost of character dining experiences?

Yes, character dining experiences can be deducted as a meal expense if they are necessary for your business or work. However, if the trip is purely for personal enjoyment, these expenses cannot be deducted.

4. Can we deduct the cost of souvenirs purchased at Disney?

No, souvenirs are not considered a necessary expense for business or work, therefore they cannot be deducted. However, if you purchase items that are used for business purposes, such as costumes or props, they may be deductible.

5. Can we deduct the cost of our children's tickets?

It depends. If your children are accompanying you on a business trip and their tickets are necessary for the trip, then they can be deducted. However, if the trip is purely for personal enjoyment, their tickets cannot be deducted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yakmama
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJWarren
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • chefsteph07