• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Pork Loin Country Style Ribs for BBQ Baby Back Ribs?

In summary, my friend helped me out by running to the store for me and I have to make some ribs for my show tonight. I used the country style ribs from CC and they turned out great. I will make them again for sure. Cutting off the excess fat sounds like a good idea - otherwise they might be swimming in grease.
laylaleigh
My friend just took pity on me and helped me out by running to the store for me. I have had a dreadful day with the kids and have a show tonight!!!

I am making the ribs tonight in the DCB. The recipe calls for baby back ribs. She picked up the pork loin country style ribs. Will they still work? I have never made ribs before and don't know the difference.

Please help!!!
Layla

country style ribs should not have bones

Teresa Lynn said:
country style ribs should not have bones

will it still work for the recipe?

It should you just might not need to cook them as long.

By the way, I LOVE your avatar!!!

PamperedChefDebi said:
It should you just might not need to cook them as long.

By the way, I LOVE your avatar!!!

That's my daughter. She is a riot!! Although today she is being a pain in the you know what!!!

Country-style ribs are not even close to baby back ribs, at least not in the grocery stores here.

Country-style ribs have a LOT more fat on them, and lots bigger bones.
Baby back ribs cost quite a bit more.

Anyway - I don't think the results will be the same at all, if they are the kind with a lot more fat on them.

laylaleigh said:
That's my daughter. She is a riot!! Although today she is being a pain in the you know what!!!

That's their job when they aren't being adoreable. LOL!

I used the country style last week and they turned out great! I cut off all the excess fat and they were cut pretty thin. Many times the country style are very thick. The ones I used were boneless. I cooked them exactly the way the recipe called for and they were incredible! I will make them again for sure!

There is a lot of info on the ribs on CC. It's under the products & recipes dropdown.

kspry said:
Country-style ribs are not even close to baby back ribs, at least not in the grocery stores here.

Country-style ribs have a LOT more fat on them, and lots bigger bones.
Baby back ribs cost quite a bit more.

Anyway - I don't think the results will be the same at all, if they are the kind with a lot more fat on them.

I did the country style ribs the other day. They were really thick with bones. Took FOREVER to cook them in microwave.....25 minutes, I think.

I had them in the microwave as I started the sauce...NO ketchup!! Ugh..so no smoky BBQ sauce.

So I sprinkled the rub directly on the ribs when on the grill pan. Even though I ended up not being able to follow the recipe...they were DELICIOUS!!!

pampchefrhondab said:
I used the country style last week and they turned out great! I cut off all the excess fat and they were cut pretty thin. Many times the country style are very thick. The ones I used were boneless. I cooked them exactly the way the recipe called for and they were incredible! I will make them again for sure!

Cutting off the excess fat sounds like a good idea - otherwise they might be swimming in grease.

Those sound delicious! Country-style ribs always have bones in them, around here. They are a tougher, cheaper cut than the baby backs, on sale quite often for around $2/lb because the bones are so big. I've moved around the USA with my husband, and it is amazing how different cuts of meat are named in different areas of the country.

edit-I would love to find boneless ribs!

Last edited:
GeorgiaPeach said:
I did the country style ribs the other day. They were really thick with bones. Took FOREVER to cook them in microwave.....25 minutes, I think.

I had them in the microwave as I started the sauce...NO ketchup!! Ugh..so no smoky BBQ sauce.

So I sprinkled the rub directly on the ribs when on the grill pan. Even though I ended up not being able to follow the recipe...they were DELICIOUS!!!

That makes sense. I think microwaves cook the bones first, then the meat.
Were they swimming in grease when you got them out of the DCB? I not only don't like handling raw meat, but greasy cooked meat, as well. Ick....

I usually simmer country-style ribs until the meat falls off the bone, then cook them another way in some kind of sauce. They are a fantastic budget saver, when I can get them on sale for .99 or 1.29/lb.

What is the purpose of "Help! What's the Difference"?

The purpose of "Help! What's the Difference" is to help customers understand the differences between similar products offered by Pampered Chef. This can include differences in features, materials, and uses.

How can I access "Help! What's the Difference"?

"Help! What's the Difference" can be accessed through the Pampered Chef website or by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant.

Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to use "Help! What's the Difference"?

No, "Help! What's the Difference" is available to all customers, whether they are a Pampered Chef consultant or not.

Can I request specific products to be compared in "Help! What's the Difference"?

Yes, customers can request specific products to be compared in "Help! What's the Difference" by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant or submitting a request through the website.

Are the comparisons in "Help! What's the Difference" unbiased?

Yes, Pampered Chef strives to provide unbiased and accurate comparisons in "Help! What's the Difference" in order to help customers make informed purchasing decisions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cooknmama