• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Pineapple Cake Mix Instead of Jiffy for My Upside Down Cake?

In summary, the recipe listed has a box of jiffe cake mix but i have already bought a pin. cake mix, will it substite ok???The recipe says to use a yellow cake mix, so it should work.
acsbein
the recipe listed has a box of jiffe cake mix but i have already bought a pin. cake mix, will it substite ok???

Not sure where you are looking up this recipe, but the one I use says use a yellow cake mix. I've made it a dozen times and that works great.

Jeanie

It will be ok. If you're doing it in the small saute pan, just don't put all of the batter in. If you're doing it in the family skillet it will be just fine!

Pineapple upside down cake - Recipe neededHi All!

Can someone repost this recipe or tell me where I can find it?

Thanks

--Just got back from Wave 2 and ready to ROLL!-- Have a show on Sunday and I'd like to use this recipe. Read the post on Tom and how he does his shows and would love to give his format a try.

Thanks again.

Mike

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

1 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup Pecans
1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices
Maraschino cherries
1 package yellow cake mix- prepared
Cool Whip

Make the cake as directed on the box except mix the pineapple juice from the can with water to equal the equivalent specified in the cake recipe. Melt butter in 12" Family Skillet. Stir in brown sugar. Lay out Pineapple Slices put cherries in the middle of each slice. Sprinkle with Pecans. Pour cake mix over brown sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degrees in covered skillet for 40 minutes. Cool slightly and turn onto platter or Classic Round Stone. Decorate with Cool Whip in Easy Accent Decorator.

Mike! I wish I had said something. I saw someone who I thought looked like you, but I wasn't sure. Isn't it silly that I didn't say anything?!

LOL Yeah! You should have. That would have been cool. There were just so many woman ...lol after a while I couldn't really tell anyone apart :)

During General sessions I was in the front row on the left side of the theater in the Hearing Impaired reserved section (since I'm hearing impaired) It was pretty cool especially it being my FIRST TIME to National!

Looking forward to next year and being the ONLY male on stage for WAVE 2! LOL (Hey, you have to aim high)

Mike :)

Hey, go for TPC too!

Related to Can I Use Pineapple Cake Mix Instead of Jiffy for My Upside Down Cake?

1. How do I properly prepare the pan for a Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

To prepare the pan for a Pineapple Upside Down Cake, you will need to melt butter in the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan. Then, sprinkle brown sugar over the melted butter and arrange pineapple slices on top. You can also add maraschino cherries in the center of each pineapple slice if desired.

2. Can I use canned pineapple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use canned pineapple for this recipe. Make sure to drain the pineapple slices before arranging them in the pan. You can also use fresh pineapple if you prefer.

3. How do I know when the cake is done baking?

You can use a toothpick or cake tester to check if the cake is done. Insert it into the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. You can also gently press the top of the cake, and if it springs back, it is done.

4. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour?

Yes, you can use gluten-free flour to make this cake. Just make sure to use a 1:1 ratio when substituting the flour. You can also use almond flour or coconut flour for a healthier alternative.

5. How long can I store leftover Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

You can store leftover Pineapple Upside Down Cake in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To keep it fresh, you can also wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before storing it in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • ajnewchef