• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Credit Card for Cooking Show Payments? Leslie Asks

In summary, the host is trying to use a credit card for a show that nobody showed up to, and now she needs to pay for the orders with a cashiers check.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I had a show for a girl and no one showed up at all. She collected enough orders to qualify, but had everybody pay her in cash and she wants me to use a credit card for all payments. Can I do this for a cooking show. I know I can for a catalog show, but was unsure how this would work for a cooking show.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks
Leslie

All you have to do is put the balance due in the host's payment. So, when you are normally putting in a host payment, you put it in for what the host owes. Since you have not received any payments from guests, she owes for the whole show. Make sense?

I have heard that you can't do this (or that HO would rather you not) but I have done it many times and never had a problem!

Great!! Thanks for the answers!

gilliandanielle said:
I have heard that you can't do this (or that HO would rather you not) but I have done it many times and never had a problem!

It's in the Recipe for Success that you aren't supposed to submit the whole show on one credit card. (Search for past threads about this subject.) It seems that shows submitted online usually go through but if you mail them in, they will catch it.

I really do not think there is wisdom in that. Why would she need to put it on a cc if she has the cash? I think you would just be opening yourself up for trouble. What if the card is declined? She has all the cash for the orders and the guests will not get their product. Just think it through. What will you do if the card is declined? What will you do if she can not give you cash? Worst case scenario is that the card is declined, she spent the cash and can not pay for the orders, you have to call all the quests and tell them this. Just don't put yourself in a bad situation. Good luck!

???Do people still mail in their orders?? :confused:

luvs2sellit said:
I really do not think there is wisdom in that. Why would she need to put it on a cc if she has the cash? I think you would just be opening yourself up for trouble. What if the card is declined? She has all the cash for the orders and the guests will not get their product. Just think it through. What will you do if the card is declined? What will you do if she can not give you cash? Worst case scenario is that the card is declined, she spent the cash and can not pay for the orders, you have to call all the quests and tell them this. Just don't put yourself in a bad situation. Good luck!

I agree totally!! I think the host wants some extra spending money. I don't think you would be doing her any favors by putting it on her card. I think somebody that would want to do this might not use there credit cards "well" and I would be worried it would decline. Just my 2 cents.
Rennea

There is a lady in our cluster that has to submitt her shows by mail only w/ a cashiers check or money order because she didn't have the money in her account when PC tried to take it out twice, so now she has to mail for 6 more months w/ a money order only. Sucks to be her, but that's what she gets for not having the money in her account!

Have to items sent to the Consultants house that way she does not get product as well as the cash.

chefkristin said:
Do people still mail in their orders?? :confused:

I have new consultants that don't have debit cards yet (even though I have REALLY STRESSED getting one :mad: ) so they are printing them off of PP and then mailing the shows in. My guess is they will only do that for a month or two before they realize how easy it is to submit online!

Leslie,

Mom just took up orders at the hospital. No one paid her when I needed to turn it it, so she just put it all on her card and then was going to pay it off when they paid her. HO didn't hold the order or anything. It shipped and is supposed to be here today.

Jen

Give host benefit of the doubtGive the host the benefit of the doubt. (Is that the right saying here?)

Maybe she has a rewards type card that she likes to put any and all charges on, and then pays it off. I have both friends and customers who do that...ever been out to eat with a crowd, and one person says, "Just pay me, I'll put it on all the card"?

Usually, that's not to make life easier, or to pocket money...it's because they have a rewards card!

Just my two cents...

Last edited:
chefkristin said:
Do people still mail in their orders?? :confused:
I have a consultant (10-15 yrs younger than me, even) who doesn't have internet access...

I'd be very hesitant to let her charge it all myself. She collected the cash and should be willing to give it to you. It would be very embarrassing for both of you if the card got declined and you had to call all the guests and explain that she spent the cash. Let her charge her order, but I'd recommend getting her to pay the others with cash.

Jeanie Gay

If she spends the cash, then puts it on her credit card and it is declined then it is her problem, not yours. Maybe she really needs the cash, but has room on her card. If I was in this situation as a host I would take the cash and put it on my card to, then use the cash to pay bills that you can't put on a creadit card. Trust your host and give her the benefit of the doubt!

I know this girl personally and she would not do that to me. I just didn't know if I was allowed for a cooking show.

gilliandanielle said:
If she spends the cash, then puts it on her credit card and it is declined then it is her problem, not yours.

Well, it would be your problem as well. If she spent the cash and you could not send the show through then all of those guest would have to be called and told the situation. You would loose out on your sales as well. Of course all of this is just a what if. I just do not like to put myself at risk for any troubles. I also have all the guest write me checks and not the host. I have seen posts on here before about hosts taking the money and running. By all means if you know the host there should not be any troubles, I just would not do this with everyone.

1. Can I use a credit card to pay for my cooking show order?

Yes, you can absolutely use a credit card to pay for your Pampered Chef cooking show order. We accept all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.

2. Is there a limit on the amount I can pay with a credit card?

No, there is no limit on the amount you can pay with a credit card. However, keep in mind that your credit card company may have their own limit on how much you can charge in a single transaction.

3. Can I use multiple credit cards to pay for my cooking show order?

Yes, you can use multiple credit cards to pay for your Pampered Chef cooking show order. Simply let your Pampered Chef consultant know which credit cards you would like to use and they will be able to split the payment for you.

4. Can I use a debit card instead of a credit card for my cooking show order?

Yes, you can use a debit card to pay for your Pampered Chef cooking show order. However, please note that some banks may put a temporary hold on funds when using a debit card for a large purchase, so it's always best to check with your bank beforehand.

5. Is it safe to use my credit card for payments?

Yes, it is safe to use your credit card for Pampered Chef cooking show payments. We take the security of our customers' personal and financial information very seriously. Our website and payment processing system are encrypted and secure, so you can feel confident when using your credit card to pay for your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies