• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use an Apple Wedger Instead of a Corer for Strawberry Spinach Salad?

In summary, to make the Strawberry Spinach Salad, you will need fresh spinach, sliced strawberries, sliced almonds, crumbled feta cheese, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing. This salad is suitable for vegetarians and can be made ahead of time, but it is best to add the dressing right before serving. The nutritional information for this salad may vary, but a typical serving contains approximately 200 calories, 10 grams of fat, 20 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of protein. Some substitutions for the ingredients include using goat cheese or blue cheese instead of feta, and using a different dressing such as raspberry vinaigrette or honey mustard.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
for the cucumber it says to use the corer to get the seeds out and then slice it on the mandoline. I don't have a corer do you think its okay if we just use the apple wedger since it takes out the core of an apple too? The recipe does say to quarter the cucumber.

I would slice it in half lengthwise and then use the Core N More to get the seeds out before slicing on the mandoline.

You could also run it through the mandoline before de-seeding and then stack the slices and run the apple wedger over it!! Sounds like a great idea and shows a more expensive product!

The whole purpose is to not water down the salad with all the "junk" in the cucumber. It's more attractive and tastes much better.

I LOVE this salad! I buy english cucumbers and you don't have to seed them. I also make sure to rinse the onions under cold water after slicing them to mellow them out a bit. Also, as options to tell guest....feta cheese is excellent in it, and apples are a good substitute if strawberries aren't available.

Hi there! Using the apple wedger to remove the seeds from the cucumber should work just fine. However, keep in mind that the apple wedger may not remove all of the seeds, so you may need to use a knife to remove any remaining seeds. Also, be sure to quarter the cucumber before using the mandoline for even slices. Happy cooking!

What ingredients are needed to make the Strawberry Spinach Salad?

To make the Strawberry Spinach Salad, you will need fresh spinach, sliced strawberries, sliced almonds, crumbled feta cheese, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Is this salad suitable for vegetarians?

Yes, the Strawberry Spinach Salad is suitable for vegetarians. It does not contain any meat or animal products.

Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salad ahead of time. However, it is best to wait to add the dressing until right before serving to prevent the spinach from becoming soggy.

What is the nutritional information for the Strawberry Spinach Salad?

The nutritional information for the Strawberry Spinach Salad will vary depending on the specific ingredients and amounts used. However, a typical serving of this salad contains approximately 200 calories, 10 grams of fat, 20 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of protein.

Are there any substitutions I can make for the ingredients in this salad?

Yes, there are a few substitutions you can make for the ingredients in the Strawberry Spinach Salad. Instead of feta cheese, you can use goat cheese or blue cheese. You can also substitute the balsamic vinaigrette dressing for a different type of dressing, such as a raspberry vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• merego
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • 4kids4me
  • Products and Tips
Replies