• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer - Dumb Question

In summary, the conversation discusses a potential customer's question about the apple peeler/corer/slicer and whether it can be used solely for peeling and coring without slicing the apple. The participants in the conversation share their experiences and insights, with some suggesting that it is possible to use the tool for only peeling and coring, while others argue that slicing and coring go hand in hand. There is also a mention of using the tool for peeling and slicing potatoes. In the end, it is recommended to use a regular vegetable peeler instead of setting up the A/P/C/S.
BadGirl
Gold Member
Sorry for being a doofus here, but I have a potential customer who is interested in purchasing the apple peeler/corer/slicer.

His question is whether you can use the product as a peeler and corer, without having it slice your apple.

Since I do not have one myself, nor have seen one in operation, I don't know the answer to his question.

I'm guessing that he just wants a peeled, cored apple (maybe to make some baked stuffed apples?).

Thanks!

Tracey

Yep you sure can!! That's the beauty of it - more than 1 use. (and you aren't being a doofus!).

Thank you so much for your very quick response. I think I have a sale! :thumbup:

How?? I may have an older version I suppose, but the blade that slices is all part of the piece that cores it too. I know that you can slice/core without peeling, simply by pulling the peeling bar back into the lock position. But the Slicing/Corer part are on the end. Looking at the catalog- it looks like the one I have- single blade/corer piece.I would hate for you to tell him the wrong thing, without being certain. I know I can't do it with mine (or someone needs to explain how).

You can slice and core it w/o peeling it, but I don't think you can core it w/o slicing it. The slicing blade is also how it is cored - by slicing from around the core....

No, you can't. You can slice and core without peeling. Or you can peel without slicing and coring. But if it's sliced it's cored and if it's cored it's sliced. The two go together, no way around it.

Well, crap. :grumpy:

I lost a sale over this. :cry:

However, I'd rather lose a sale over letting him know the truth, than instead of having him get angry over me telling him an intentional falsehood.

Thanks for the clarification, everyone. Much appreciated.

Yeah, if you're honest when it won't work for him, he'll trust you when you tell him it's great.

How about you tell him that it is wonderful for peeling, slicing and coring together, but for the times he doesn't want the apples sliced, it still works great for peeling, but the apples can't be cored. However, you do have a GREAT coring tool that will do the job!

Here's a question that I have: Can you just peel and slice a potato? Or will it cut out a "core" also?

pcsharon1 said:
No, you can't. You can slice and core without peeling. Or you can peel without slicing and coring. But if it's sliced it's cored and if it's cored it's sliced. The two go together, no way around it.

whoa! i must be tired because i had to read that twice before it made sense. :indif:

babywings76 said:
Here's a question that I have: Can you just peel and slice a potato? Or will it cut out a "core" also?

It will cut out a core. It's a blade with a hold in the middle.

raebates said:
It will cut out a core. It's a blade with a hold in the middle.

Thanks! I've always wondered. I am (obviously) not too familiar with this classic PC item. Kind of embarrassing! :blushing:

babywings76 said:
Thanks! I've always wondered. I am (obviously) not too familiar with this classic PC item. Kind of embarrassing! :blushing:

But you could use the A/P/C/S to peel the potatoes, and the UM to slice them... :)

You can have him Peel with the A/P/C/S and then use the Corer to core with out slicing.

But isn't it just easier to use a regular veggie peeler instead of getting the A/P/C/S all set up?

What is the purpose of an Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

The Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is a versatile kitchen tool that allows you to quickly and easily peel, core, and slice apples (and other fruits and vegetables) in one motion. It saves time and effort when preparing ingredients for a variety of dishes.

How do I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

To use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, first secure the base onto a flat surface by turning the suction lever clockwise. Then, place the apple on the prongs and turn the handle clockwise. The apple will be peeled, cored, and sliced as it goes through the blades. For best results, make sure the apple is centered and the blades are sharp.

Is the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it with warm, soapy water to ensure it stays in good condition and lasts longer.

Can I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer on other fruits and vegetables?

While the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is designed specifically for apples, it can also be used on other similar-sized fruits and vegetables such as pears and potatoes. However, we do not recommend using it on smaller or harder fruits and vegetables.

How do I sharpen the blades on the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

The blades on the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer are made of high-quality stainless steel and do not need to be sharpened. However, if you notice that the blades are becoming dull, you can use a sharpening stone or a honing steel to gently sharpen them. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda c
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • 1PamperedChef4U
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Chef Elmer
  • Rosechef