1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer - Dumb Question

1. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

Sorry for being a doofus here, but I have a potential customer who is interested in purchasing the apple peeler/corer/slicer.

His question is whether you can use the product as a peeler and corer, without having it slice your apple.

Since I do not have one myself, nor have seen one in operation, I don't know the answer to his question.

I'm guessing that he just wants a peeled, cored apple (maybe to make some baked stuffed apples?).

Thanks!

Tracey

Feb 3, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Yep you sure can!! That's the beauty of it - more than 1 use. (and you aren't being a doofus!).

Feb 3, 2009
  3. BadGirl

Thank you so much for your very quick response. I think I have a sale! :thumbup:

Feb 3, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

How?? I may have an older version I suppose, but the blade that slices is all part of the piece that cores it too. I know that you can slice/core without peeling, simply by pulling the peeling bar back into the lock position. But the Slicing/Corer part are on the end.

Looking at the catalog- it looks like the one I have- single blade/corer piece.

I would hate for you to tell him the wrong thing, without being certain. I know I can't do it with mine (or someone needs to explain how).

Feb 3, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

You can slice and core it w/o peeling it, but I don't think you can core it w/o slicing it. The slicing blade is also how it is cored - by slicing from around the core....

Feb 3, 2009
  6. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

No, you can't. You can slice and core without peeling. Or you can peel without slicing and coring. But if it's sliced it's cored and if it's cored it's sliced. The two go together, no way around it.

Feb 3, 2009
  7. BadGirl

Well, crap. :grumpy:

I lost a sale over this. :cry:

However, I'd rather lose a sale over letting him know the truth, than instead of having him get angry over me telling him an intentional falsehood.

Thanks for the clarification, everyone. Much appreciated.

Feb 3, 2009
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Yeah, if you're honest when it won't work for him, he'll trust you when you tell him it's great.

Feb 3, 2009
  9. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

How about you tell him that it is wonderful for peeling, slicing and coring together, but for the times he doesn't want the apples sliced, it still works great for peeling, but the apples can't be cored. However, you do have a GREAT coring tool that will do the job!

Feb 3, 2009
  10. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Here's a question that I have: Can you just peel and slice a potato? Or will it cut out a "core" also?

Feb 3, 2009
  11. thecougchef

thecougchef Advanced Member

whoa! i must be tired because i had to read that twice before it made sense. :indif:

Feb 3, 2009
  12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

It will cut out a core. It's a blade with a hold in the middle.

Feb 3, 2009
  13. babywings76

Thanks! I've always wondered. I am (obviously) not too familiar with this classic PC item. Kind of embarrassing! :blushing:

Feb 3, 2009
  14. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

But you could use the A/P/C/S to peel the potatoes, and the UM to slice them... :)

Feb 3, 2009
  15. prepchef

prepchef Member Gold Member

You can have him Peel with the A/P/C/S and then use the Corer to core with out slicing.

Feb 3, 2009
  16. babywings76

But isn't it just easier to use a regular veggie peeler instead of getting the A/P/C/S all set up?

Feb 3, 2009
Have something to add?