• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Wedger- Kind of a No Brainer But...

In summary, when using the apple wedger if it doesn't slice ALL the way through the apple, don't try to push the wedges or the core out with your fingers. Lesson learned :oOuch!
kdangel518
Gold Member
Thought I would throw this out there anyway.

When using the apple wedger if it doesn't slice ALL the way through the apple, don't try to push the wedges or the core out with your fingers.

I did that this weekend and ended up in the ER with two stitches in my thumb :(. Thank GOD it was at home and not at a show!!!

Lesson learned :eek:

Ouch!

Same goes for the Pineapple wedger.

Noora- I was thinking the exact same thing. It just stinks that it's so difficult to get the core out especially! Anyone have any tricks? I ended up finishing off my apples by wiggling the core out with a paring knife. I was in the middle of prepping apples for taffy apple tartlets :p

I pull everything up. Each wedge up single and then the core. I also warn people about it at my shows because I have had one customer's 14 yo daughter in the ER. She laughs about it so I pass it on as a laugh (and people then know in a story way how seriously sharp it is).

Ooohhh, I feel your pain! I did the same thing about five years ago right before we were going on a cruise in the caribbean. I refused to go to the ER as that would mean not getting it wet. I learned that the easiest way to get the apples out is to pull the slices up through the wedger -- they're not beautiful on both ends though, but it beats a nasty cut. I push the core down through the wedger to remove it.

I tell everyone that as well..my bff was in a hurry one time and she was wedging an apple..well..her hurry got her into the ER..getting stitches into her thumb as well.

Ouch! I feel your pain.:cry:

It happened to me too, but mine happened as I was showing people at a show what not to do with the Apple Wedger.:rolleyes:

I had no idea I'd cut myself until a guest told me I was bleeding. Um, yeah, bleeding all over the place.:yuck:

Fortunately, I had a consultant there observing my show, and she sorta took over for me while I cleaned up and took care of my thumb. I should have gone to the ER, but didn't want to cut short the show.

The funniest part was that I sold 5-6 apple wedgers that evening!:D

Yup did the same thing here too! For the pineapple wedger line up the cover to cut through the rest of the way after you have pulled the peel off. With the apple wedger I just grab a hold o fthe apple and pull up.

Some how I also managed to cut myself with the kitchen spritzer but I'm a total klutz.

wadesgirl said:
Yup did the same thing here too! For the pineapple wedger line up the cover to cut through the rest of the way after you have pulled the peel off. With the apple wedger I just grab a hold o fthe apple and pull up.

Some how I also managed to cut myself with the kitchen spritzer but I'm a total klutz.

Okay, I'll bite, HOW? :confused:

how on earth did you cut yourself with the kitchen spritzer???

I was pumping it and for some reason the lid slipped off and racked across my finger ripping the skin off. Hurt really bad when I did and it was right before a show!

1. How does the Apple Wedger work?

The Apple Wedger is a simple and efficient tool that allows you to easily cut apples into perfect wedges. Simply place the apple on the base of the wedger and press down firmly on the handles. The stainless steel blades will cut through the apple, creating 8 evenly sized wedges in one swift motion.

2. Is the Apple Wedger dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Apple Wedger is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

3. Can the Apple Wedger be used for other fruits?

While the Apple Wedger is specifically designed for cutting apples, it can also be used for other similar sized fruits such as pears or even potatoes.

4. Is the Apple Wedger safe for children to use?

The Apple Wedger has sharp blades and should be used with caution by children. We recommend adult supervision when using the wedger.

5. How do I clean the blades of the Apple Wedger?

The Apple Wedger is equipped with self-sharpening blades, so they do not require sharpening. To clean the blades, simply wipe them with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DZmom
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U