• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Cake in a Batter Bowl?

In summary, you can make cake in a batter bowl and it is one of the many versatile uses for this type of bowl. It is oven-safe and you will need to make adjustments from a traditional cake recipe, such as checking for doneness with a toothpick and adding a few extra minutes if needed. Cake mix can also be used, but baking time may need to be adjusted. The cake should not stick to the batter bowl if it is properly greased and floured, and you can also use non-stick cooking spray. Additionally, you can decorate the cake in the batter bowl before serving and it is dishwasher safe for easy clean-up.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
K, I know you can do it in the Micro cookers, do you think it could be done in a batter bowl?

I've done it...it didn't come out too "pretty," but tasted good! Definitely try it at home first. I don't have the RC to test it against either...

I also do it in the fluted stoneware

jenniferknapp said:
I've done it...it didn't come out too "pretty," but tasted good! Definitely try it at home first. I don't have the RC to test it against either...
That sounds like a good idea

Hi there! I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I'm happy to help answer your question. Yes, you can definitely use the batter bowl to make the same recipe that you can do in the Micro Cookers. The batter bowl is a versatile tool that can be used for mixing, measuring, and even baking. So go ahead and give it a try! Let me know if you need any other tips or tricks. Happy cooking!

1. Can I make cake in a batter bowl?

Yes, you can definitely make cake in a batter bowl! In fact, it's one of the many versatile uses for our batter bowls. They are oven-safe, so you can bake your cake right in the bowl.

2. Do I need to adjust the oven temperature or baking time when making cake in a batter bowl?

Yes, you will need to make some adjustments from a traditional cake recipe. Since the batter bowl is deeper than a regular cake pan, the cake may take a little longer to bake. We recommend checking for doneness with a toothpick and adding a few extra minutes if needed.

3. Can I use a cake mix to make cake in a batter bowl?

Yes, you can use a cake mix to make cake in a batter bowl. Just follow the instructions on the box, but adjust the baking time as needed. It's a great shortcut for a quick and easy dessert!

4. Will the cake stick to the batter bowl?

No, the cake should not stick to the batter bowl if you properly grease and flour the bowl before adding the batter. You can also use non-stick cooking spray for an even easier release.

5. Can I decorate the cake in the batter bowl before serving?

Yes, you can decorate the cake in the batter bowl before serving. Our batter bowls are dishwasher safe, so you can even add frosting and toppings directly in the bowl and then wash it afterwards. It makes for a beautiful and convenient presentation!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • aksusan