• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Demo the Usg and Tell Them It Has Been Upgraded!?

In summary, the new UM is easier to use but may not be as user friendly as the old one. People are still able to demo it if they choose.
jrstephens
No matter how much I try I just cannot get the new UM to work for me. I tried it at a show recently b/c a host insisted but it was hit and miss for me. I was wondering about demoing the USG and just telling everyone that it has been upgraded for a safer experience.

What do yall think?

I would practice with your UM are you sure it is on track? The only time I had trouble showing it at the fair is if the food holder was off track.

As far as demoing the USG and talking about the updated features, I think that is okay. I don't have the UM yet so that is my only option. I only got to play with it at the fair.

Did you watch the video on CC? It helped me!

My internet connection is so slow that the video jsut gets jumbled up.

Sometimes I wonder if mine is messed up b/c I cannot get it to Stay on track. It keeps coming off part of the way down.

Q: When I move the food slider up and
down the track, why does it not slice
the food?

A: There are a few reasons why this may occur:
1. The food slider is not fully aligned on the rails of the
base. Pull the slider off, align BOTH sides of the slider
with the base rails and bring the slider up toward the
blade. To be sure it’s properly attached to the base, lift
the slider. This should raise the base with the slider
securely attached to it.
2. The blade is not fully inserted into the slot of the base.
If the blade is not inserted correctly, the tabs that open
and close to raise the blade will not be activated when
the slider runs up and down the base rails.
3. The food is not inserted into the food holder fully. If
the food is not flush with the base, it will not contact
the blade and will not cut.

You certainly can demo the USG if you choose. When I first started I had the old style EAD and used it at my shows. I told people that it had been improved but that my old style was close enough that it would give them the idea on how great the new one was. I sold a lot of them.

The USG could be done in the same way, pointing out the new safety features and benefits. Be SURE to have them open to the page in the catalog. I would NOT tell them that you own one or they will think something must be wrong with them and I WOULD use your UM every day until you feel comfortable using it in the demo.

People don't like to see things they can't have but if it's just upgraded you can get by with that for a short while.

NEVER use a NON-PC product to demo (I always find SOMETHING in our line that will do the job!). If you use another brand chopper and say "ours is much better than this because..." they will not believe you and they'll go buy the one that worked for you at the show. OUR discontinued product still shows our quality and value.

Show what you are comfortable with and be honest! For the most part, our new knives will do what the UM will do, so show them. Let them know that you are learning the UM and would be happy to bring it so people can play with it, but you are not comfortable demoing it yet. Let them know we lost a bit of user friendlyness but earned a lot of safety.

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with the new UM and having trouble getting it to work for you. It can definitely be tricky to get the hang of, especially if you're used to the old version. As for demoing the USG and mentioning that it has been upgraded, I think that's a great idea! It's important for our customers to know that we are constantly working to improve our products and make them even better for their safety and convenience. Plus, the upgraded USG is a great alternative for those who may be struggling with the new UM. I would definitely recommend giving it a try and highlighting the upgrades during your demo. Happy cooking!

Related to Can I Demo the Usg and Tell Them It Has Been Upgraded!?

1. Can I demo the Usg and tell customers it has been upgraded?

No, as a representative of Pampered Chef, it is important to be transparent and honest with customers. If the Usg has not actually been upgraded, it is not ethical to claim that it has.

2. Can I mention potential upgrades or improvements to the Usg during the demo?

Yes, you can mention any potential upgrades or improvements to the Usg, but be sure to clarify that they are not currently available and are only being considered by the company.

3. Is it okay to exaggerate the capabilities of the Usg during the demo?

No, it is important to accurately represent the capabilities of the product. Exaggerating or making false claims can lead to disappointed customers and damage the reputation of both the product and the company.

4. Can I offer a special discount or promotion for the Usg during the demo?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, you are not authorized to offer discounts or promotions without prior approval from the company. It is important to follow company policies and guidelines when it comes to pricing and promotions.

5. Can I mention competitor products during the demo?

No, it is not appropriate to mention or compare competitor products during a Pampered Chef demo. Focus on the features and benefits of the Usg and how it can enhance the cooking experience for customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Chef_2_Four