• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Used the Demo Insurance Before?

They just sent her a check for the amount that was paid out. It sounds like this is something that you should probably just forget about and not stress about. You have nothing to worry about.
chefcharity
So, I was doing a show about a month ago and while using the microwave, something happened to the glass turnplate. Part of it melted (wierd, I know). The spot was about the size of a berry,didn't make a hole in it just a big dip in the glass...then it cracked around the dip. Still think it is usable, but was my fault.

My question is... has anyone used the demo ins before? I submitted a claim and they said they would contact the host to finish up. I was wondering about how long this takes? I just realized a couple of days ago that this is probably why we pay $2 a month, for cases like this. I have been looking for a replacement plate myself but cannot find the right size unless I order one on-line and they can be upto $40!

Anyhow, thanks for the input!

Sorry, I've not had to use the insurance, but hopefully you won't have any issues getting this resolved.I have NEVER heard of the glass turntable (or any part of one) melting in the microwave. That is super weird!!! You have to have a super high temperature to melt that tempered glass. I wonder if her microwave is about to go out & maybe cooking with hot spots?? Just out of curiosity, what did you have in there? Stoneware, micro cooker, etc. ???

Contact HO. That is what the insurance YOU pay is for.

I have not used the insurance but my former director did and she said they handle it quickly. They will investigate. You said it was your fault. Did you do something? Sheila is right that the microwave could have been faulty. When PC investigates it they will determine that and if it is they probably won't pay since it was chance that it broke then. Don't worry. Now that you've passed it onto PC they will handle it from here.

Yeah, they contacted me and said they would contact her in about 2 weeks. The only thing is that her turntable didn't rotate. that protion was already broke. It still worked, just didn't spin. I was making Mex chicken and didn't turn it because I had forgotten she said it didn't spin. Don't know if they will help then or not, since it already had a faulty piece..hmmmm. Guess I'll see.

I haven't personally used it but my director has and she said they took real good care of it. They replaced some damaged flooring, I think.

My director said they gave her no trouble at all.

1. What is demo insurance and why do I need it?

Demo insurance is coverage provided by Pampered Chef to protect consultants from any accidental damage or loss that may occur during a demonstration or cooking show. It is important to have demo insurance in case any of your products get damaged, lost, or stolen while showcasing them to potential customers.

2. How do I obtain demo insurance?

Demo insurance is automatically included in your Pampered Chef starter kit when you sign up to become a consultant. It is also included in the cost of your annual renewal fee.

3. What does demo insurance cover?

Demo insurance covers accidental damage, loss, or theft of Pampered Chef products while they are being used for demonstration purposes. It also covers any damage or loss that may occur during transport to and from a show or event.

4. Is there a limit to how much demo insurance will cover?

Yes, there is a limit of $300 per event for demo insurance coverage. This means that if products are damaged, lost, or stolen during a show, Pampered Chef will cover up to $300 worth of products. However, if the total cost of the damage or loss exceeds $300, you may be responsible for the remaining amount.

5. Do I still need to be careful with my products even with demo insurance?

Yes, while demo insurance provides coverage for accidental damage or loss, it is still important to take proper care of your products to avoid any potential issues. This includes properly packaging and transporting them to and from shows, and ensuring they are handled with care during demonstrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries