• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Demo: Is it Necessary to Use PC Products?

In summary, this woman did a party without using any of our products and instead used old, in poor shape, and unavailable products from a few years ago. Her husband was apparently mad because she left him with the kids for a couple hours. The letter of complaint was from a friend of hers and
finley1991
I'm only asking this because I think it's obvious but it's the 2nd time it's happened to me this year and I'm wondering... I went to the 1st show of a new consultant today. She had 3 there.. no biggie... it happens and there was a major annual event in town today that a lot of people were attending. She did her thing and did her demo... but she didn't use PC products... :bugeye: she made a PC recipe though. Isn't the whole point to USE the products for your demo?I guess I would think that it is a given but since this has happened twice, I'm not sure what I should be saying to them besides "DUH!!!!!" I didn't say anything because I didn't want to embarrass her in front of her friends and honestly, I didn't know what to say! I suggested that we set things up (I got there 45 minutes early) and her response was, "Oh... I'm all ready for the party."Thoughts?

that is odd.

what did she use? did she use any of our stuff? what recipe did she demo?

wow, that is totally bizarre! It makes me wonder if I should make that clear to my new consultants too. That's the goofiest thing I've heard all day!

That's why I coach my new consultants what recipe to do at their G.O. show. I "help" them with a script if they want it.

I find it amazing that people don't get that what we're doing is selling a product and showing other products isn't going to do it. lol

Part of what I tell my new consultants in our pre first show coaching sessions is that they should try to only use our products for their demo and I point out the recipes that help them do that for their demo (kit recipes). I say that if they don't have a particular product they could pre-prep that part of the recipe or if they :bugeye: have to use a non-pc item they could say "this works but _______ (product) would make this so much easier".

I also point out that they can use products for more than one purpose so if they don't have this product they can use that product instead and still just use PC.

It was a recipe from 2001-2002 season's best... choc chip cookie dough with cream cheese and then cherry pie filling.I think I'll coach her to try and use *as many PC products* as possible at her next show. Also, at my fall kick-off, I think I'll stress that we sell the products, not the recipes!!!I'm still a bit flabbergasted!

Ok so I am trying to look up the specifics of the demo liability insurance and came across this. I forgot that it was there but this maybe a great training opportunity either when we sign them or when we are going over the details of the first show. This is a quote from thier agreements that they signed.

10.) I will demonstrate or sell only Company products at Cooking Shows. I will not demonstrate or sell any other services and/or products, including any products made personally by me, as part of my Pampered Chef® business, at any Cooking Show or at a Company-sponsored event or meeting.

Hope this helps

Yikes, Colleen, I too would be speachless (and for me, that is not a nature thing!!). Recently I had a similar situation when one of my consultants who has been in PC for several years did a party. Granted, she is not very active and when she did attend meetings apparently her husband was mad because she left him with the kids for a couple hours.

At this party I am told she did use PC items, but they were old, in poor shape and many not available anymore. The host specifically asked for certain things to happen that were not unusual requests...simple basic show activities such as demo when guests get there. She said very little to the guests and had most everything done by the time they got there.

This letter of complaint was from a friend of hers and was greatly shortened!!!:bugeye: I too do not know how to approach her because I always get one of two answers: "Oh, we can't afford it" or "I can't make too much money or we will lose our benefits for......" It's a sad situation and I end up offerring to help her if she wants me to.

baychef said:
when she did attend meetings apparently her husband was mad because she left him with the kids for a couple hours.

First of all, it's ridiculous that a man would not be able to be a parent for 2 hours -- what, he can make 'em but not take 'em???

Secondly, I have NEVER heard of such a problem as the consultant not using the products. Hmmm...I am at a loss!

Well, I would say more, but it would not be nice. Her husband is lucky he found someone to put up with him, but she needs her butt kicked for putting up with that crap. She is also not blameless. She could do more with many things. They are happy and I guess that is all that counts!

1. Can I use my own kitchen tools and equipment instead of PC products during a demo?

While it is not necessary to use PC products during a demo, it is highly recommended. Our products are specifically designed and tested to work seamlessly together, providing the best results for your recipes. Plus, using PC products showcases their quality and versatility to your guests.

2. Are there any advantages to using PC products during a demo?

Absolutely! Using PC products allows you to demonstrate their unique features and benefits, making it easier for your guests to see the value in purchasing them. It also allows you to provide accurate measurements and cooking times, ensuring successful results every time.

3. What if I don't have all the necessary PC products for a specific recipe?

If you don't have all the necessary PC products for a particular recipe, don't worry! You can still use your own kitchen tools and equipment. However, we recommend highlighting the PC products that you do have and explaining the benefits of using them in the recipe.

4. Can I still have a successful demo without using PC products?

While using PC products is recommended, you can still have a successful demo without them. However, using PC products can enhance the overall experience for your guests and increase the chances of them making a purchase.

5. Are there any tips for incorporating PC products into my demo?

Absolutely! We suggest planning your recipes and demo ahead of time, making sure to include PC products that are relevant to the recipe. You can also share personal experiences and testimonials about the products, as well as provide information on any special offers or discounts for purchasing them during the demo.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sarah Wilhoit
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amy07
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
Replies