• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Change the Tax Status for Asian & SW Seasoning on PP in Ohio?

In summary, tax exempt food items are food products that are not subject to sales tax, including groceries, fruits and vegetables, and unprepared foods. However, not all food items are tax exempt, such as prepared foods and luxury items. There is no need to provide proof of tax exemption at the point of sale, but some states may have exceptions for certain types of food items. If you mistakenly paid sales tax on a tax exempt food item, you can request a refund with proof of purchase.
pkd09
Silver Member
I live in Ohio and of course do most of my shows in Ohio. We do not tax pantry items. The problem I am having is on the month guest special for the Asian & SW Seasoning. It is showing taxable even though I show "no tax" on the show page on PP. So then I went into PP under Update then Product Information, brought up GM42. How do I change this to Food Item No tax? Any suggestions for you computer PP wizards?

You'd probably have to change the category from "Guest Special" to "Pantry." I don't have PP on my machine any more, because I'm running P3, and there's no manual product update in P3, so I can't test this. But give it a try and report back!

I do not want to charge tax on these items.Thanks,PamI'm not sure what PP you're using. If you're using the same one as I am - they just released an update that was supposed to fix this problem. I had a customer who placed an online order and it was charging her tax on the "No Tax" month special. I called HO and they confirmed that there was a glitch and they were working on fixing it. That was about 2 weeks ago, so maybe your PP needs to be updated? If you're on the most current version and it's still doing it, then I would call HO.HTH!

1. What are tax exempt food items?

Tax exempt food items are food products that are not subject to sales tax. These are typically necessities such as groceries, fruits and vegetables, and unprepared foods.

2. Are all food items tax exempt?

No, not all food items are tax exempt. Prepared foods, like meals from restaurants, and luxury food items, like gourmet chocolates, may still be subject to sales tax.

3. Do I need to provide proof that a food item is tax exempt?

No, you do not need to provide proof. The tax exemption is automatically applied at the point of sale for eligible food items.

4. Are there any exceptions to tax exempt food items?

Yes, there are some exceptions to tax exempt food items. Some states may have specific rules and regulations regarding certain types of food items, such as candy and soda, which may still be subject to sales tax.

5. Can I get a refund for sales tax paid on a tax exempt food item?

Yes, if you mistakenly paid sales tax on a tax exempt food item, you can usually request a refund from the retailer or your state's tax authority. Be sure to keep your receipt as proof of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• reesefamily5
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
reesefamily5
  • chefchelsea
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • BBHall2002