• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saving My Pampered Chef Status - Can I Avoid Inactivity in SW MO?

In summary, the speaker is concerned about becoming inactive as a consultant due to a lack of shows in January and no solid bookings for February. They are unsure of the specific requirements for maintaining active status, but believe it is $150 in sales every two months. Suggestions are given for ways to increase sales, such as hosting an open house, doing a catalog show, or participating in bridal expos. The speaker also mentions the possibility of requesting a leave of absence. They are unsure if their county being declared a federal disaster area will affect their inactive status. Other consultants in the area are also experiencing slow sales and are uncertain if they will receive a warning before becoming inactive. The speaker also clarifies that they will not go inactive until March 1st if
angelkatey
My last show was the first week of December. I live in SW MO where ice storm hit and no one is remotely interested in having a show - had no shows in Jan and have no solid bookings for Feb. When would I be considered inactive and will PC let me know before my status changes? I have a show set for March but will that be soon enough to save my status????:confused:

I'm pretty sure that you have to have $150 in sales every two months, but not 100% on the details.

I would hate for you to go inactive! Have you thought about doing an open house?? You could to a Going, Going Gone theme or at the end of the month do a "Sneak Peek" at the new spring products...

What about a catalog show - have you asked all of your friends, family and co-workers to host a catalog show even if they're not interested in a demo right now?

This a great time of year for bridal expos - I just did one yesterday and got a ton of contacts.

Just some thoughts...

HTH,
Kearstin

Or, it is never too early to buy some Christmas, birthday, anniversary or wedding gifts... My SIL LOVED the new trifle bowl and can't wait to get one herself..that will be an AWESOME present to give an entertainer with a "homemade" booklet of recipes! You would just have to put together your own catalog show of $150 (I think you actually need $200 to stay active) ...so try and collect some outside orders to help, but fill in with products for yourself and gifts if possible!!

you can request a Leave of absence...

It's $200 in sales in a two month period. Last month when I had a slow Dec HO emailed me the beginning of Jan to let me know I had to turn in sales during that month to stay active.

Was Dec $200? If so you will have until the end of Feb for $200 in sales. I would think you would have already gotten an email from HO.

I would call HO to confirm b/c you do not want to loose your career sales.

Was your county declared a federal disaster area? When we had ice storms here in early January several counties including mine were declared a federal disaster area. I got an email from HO that said there are exceptions for people who live in these counties. I can't remember the specifics right now, but I know that you get some time "off". I would check your Recipe for Success or contact HO to see if there is anything that can help you.

You know I am wondering the same thing. Had $300+ in Dec, nothing in Jan. I'm surprised I haven't gotten my email yet! I have one cooking show next weekend that the host has done nothing for and my open house, which I already have about $30 in orders for. Everyone else pushed off to March. I do have my cousin's registry we'll set up this week so I hope that "saves" me!

lisacb77 said:
You know I am wondering the same thing. Had $300+ in Dec, nothing in Jan. I'm surprised I haven't gotten my email yet! I have one cooking show next weekend that the host has done nothing for and my open house, which I already have about $30 in orders for. Everyone else pushed off to March. I do have my cousin's registry we'll set up this week so I hope that "saves" me!

Same thing with me! I haven't gotten an email either...but I know that I need to submit this month or else my 60 days would be up... unless, we would have all of jan and feb that we don't need anything....then in march we would go inactive?

Well as I understand it, we'd be inactive March 1 without anything in Jan or Feb. So they are supposed to warn us the second month. Who knows?

Oh right, I don't know where my head was! Good thing it is attached :) ...I would assume we would have been notified as well....maybe with all of the changes at HO they are behind right now?

I'm in MO too and we had the national guard called out b/c we were declared a disaster area. I'm in the Ft Leonard Wood area. The storms made it really hard to get shows thanks to half the people not having electricity for up to 2 weeks in some places here. Thankfully I demoed during the superbowl and got enough individual orders to make it.

You have to go two months without selling $200 before you go inactive. If you had a show in December, you won't go inactive until March 1st. I've taken a few outside orders and added an order of my own and called it a show to survive one time. If it's hard to get out because of the weather, try to promote your online business if you have a website. Try to get wedding registries and fundraisers where everyone just shops from your site. Good luck. Bobby

It's $200 in a two month period. I would have an open house and try doing a squareboard for people who can't make it or don't want to put in an order. If you do 50 squares at $2 each, there's $100 right there!

This is exactly why we need to all agree to keep the new product information secret from non-consultants for as long as possible! The Jan and Feb host specials are AWESOME! If you rave and rave about them, people will hold their shows. If everyone raves about the new products in March, or lets the cat out of the bag, everyone wants to have a March show instead. After your Feb is full, you can let hosts with March dates BOOKED see the new stuff in their host packets. It's terrible to let Jan and Feb get away like that, especially with double points in Feb!!

I only wish that was my problem! I've just had a lot of hosts with personal issues preventing them from doing Jan or Feb. One had treatment for cancer, one had an apt fire, one is just in her busiest month of the year at work. I am trying really hard to be sensitive and not pushy at these delicate times so that I don't lose them completely!

How about offering a big sale, 40% off stoneware! Use the sale price, then eat the commission. That should generate at least $200 in orders.

Or, to make it easier, offer 20% off gift certificates, then you don't have to deliver stuff, no tax or shipping either.

I had the same thing happen to me, in December, I email all of my past hostess as well as guest from my door prize drawing slips and I offered them a discount for hosting a show in Jan. I got three show sin Feb off of that one show..... Just keep going..... it will be worth it.

Leah

angelkatey said:
My last show was the first week of December. I live in SW MO where ice storm hit and no one is remotely interested in having a show - had no shows in Jan and have no solid bookings for Feb. When would I be considered inactive and will PC let me know before my status changes? I have a show set for March but will that be soon enough to save my status????:confused:

Go through your history of items sold and see if there are items that are going to be discontinued, Call those people and let them know. They might want to get another one before they are gone. Hold a pantry sale on the pantry items @ 10% off. Personally I am in the same boat but I am putting in an catalog show and ordering some Kitchen shears, coffee, tea, etc and will use those items as hostess gifts and when a customer calls and wants one the items now gone- I can say You are in luck! I happen to have some extra! You can also write it off on your taxes.

KirstenAnne said:
Go through your history of items sold and see if there are items that are going to be discontinued, Call those people and let them know. They might want to get another one before they are gone. Hold a pantry sale on the pantry items @ 10% off. Personally I am in the same boat but I am putting in an catalog show and ordering some Kitchen shears, coffee, tea, etc and will use those items as hostess gifts and when a customer calls and wants one the items now gone- I can say You are in luck! I happen to have some extra! You can also write it off on your taxes.

Ladies ~ Tell these ladies how they can drum up some excitement through catalog and website shows. Maybe they can all meet online with a glass of wine and have a cyber show and no designated drivers. :) You can do it!!!

I just got my "courtesy email" ....good thing I have 2 shows lined up, this weekend and next friday :)Dear Pampered Chef® Consultant,You’re an important member of our Pampered Chef® family!As a courtesy, we want you to know your commissionable sales total for the previous month was less than $200, which can affect your status as a Pampered Chef® Consultant. To remain active, we ask that you submit a total of $200 - a combination of your current month’s sales and previous month’s sales - to the Home Office by midnight CT on the last business day of this month.As an active Consultant you are entitled to:* Receive information and mailings from the company
* A merchandise discount on orders for personal use
* Purchase samples and supplies
* Weekly Bites e-mail communications
* Wedding Registries (Available to qualified, active Consultants with an email address on file. For details on how inactive status affects your current Wedding Registries, please refer to The Consultant’s Guide to The Wedding Registry booklet.)We want to help you build your business! Here are some great tools:* Your recruiter or Director: These key people can provide one-on-one coaching to help you increase sales and bookings or invite you to observe one of their Cooking Shows to gain valuable insights. Your Home Office team is also available to help you in any way.* Consultant News: Every month you’ll find ideas for building a consistent business, including tips and advice for top performance and inspirational success stories.* Recipe for Success: This handbook includes simple steps for creating a strong business.* www.pamperedchef.com: Click on Consultant’s Corner for the latest promotions and information from the Home Office.For details on Pampered Chef® policies, refer to the Recipe for Success or call the Solution Center at 1-888-OUR-CHEF (687-2433), Option 3, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.We know you can succeed in your Pampered Chef® business! Please let us know how we can help.Sincerely,THE PAMPERED CHEF, LTD.

Boo hoo, I got that one too! (The courtesy email...)

I am doing the $1,000 mystery host show (still only have 7 participants and trying to find 3 more!), have one show and one fundraiser for Feb. So I should be fine...wanted to try to make the most of double points!

I got mine today too. I am a little upset because the party I had booked for this weekend cancelled (again...rescheduled now for March). But I do have one in 2 weeks and the host has invited a slew of people. I have heard from one close guest that at least 40 will be there but I will know for sure when I talk to the host next week. She has used the contact list on my website so I am going to ask her if she would like me to send an email reminder to those who have email address listed.

I got it too... been a while since I got that..but it usually comes this time of year!
When I saw it...I immediately chuckled to myself... I have 7 Cooking shows schedule for Feb...and at least one catty!

Jason... I hope you can grab just one show ! Don't loose career sales!
Do a Open house/ Spring Preview/ Mystery Host show at your place!

Get on that phone!
Go get 'em!

Yea I got mine too today but unlike everyone else I have ZERO shows for Feb or March & my baby is sick-I had to take her for a breathing treatment today! It was horrible holding my 10month olds little arms down & forcing a mask on her face while she screamed in fear for 10min straighjt!!! I'm a single mom so i am struggling now... I dont have a sitter who can watch her right now to do shows... little stressful!! I will TRY to make calls tomorrow but lately they havent been getting me anywhere! Whats somthing special i can offer as a bonus for a feb show WITHOUT COMING OUT OF POCKET AS I HAVE NOOOO MONEY!!!!

Got my email today also. hadn't had any shows since early December. but I did just put in a catalog show yesterday that was small but it was about $250 in sales. I was just wondering if I had to have January sales to because of how the email is worded there at the beginning? I thought that I just needed to submit $200 every 2 months?

Just get on the phone.
I often feel like I have to offer an incentive.
BUT... We have an awesome host program!! Explain it to them... Let them know about the TWO stones 60% off...OMG!! and that Deep Covered Baker.

Let them know they can just have a catalog show... maybe you could make something for them to take into work and count it as a cooking show... They'd buy the ingred. ... you make something while the baby naps, and give it to them to take to work...to attract people!

Good luck! You can do it!!
You don't want to loose those 5 recruits!!

thanks for the advice.. yea also someone mentioned taking leave of absence-last resort i will try that as she has been sick!

chefkitty - if you had sales in December and just submitted a catalog show of $250 in February then you are fine to still remain active. I also got the email today and I had $700 something in sales in December and just submitted 2 shows last night totalling $360 so I know I am now good until April! :)

Here is what I was told by HO a while back.

If you submitted $200 in say month A and then had no sales in month B, you would have to submit $200 in commissionable sales in month C to remain active and keep your career sales.

If you submitted $150 sales in month A and then $50 commissionable sales in month B then you would need to submit another $150 in commissionable sales in month C. So a grand total of $200 in commissionable sales in a 2 month consecutive period.

If there is no way that you will be able to do that then make sure to contact HO via email, phone or fax and request a leave of absence before the last day of the month that you need your $200 in sales for. Otherwise you will lose your career sales and have to start back at zero! You are allowed I believe 3 months of a leave of absence in a year.

Hope that helps!

Try this!
ChefBurke said:
Yea I got mine too today but unlike everyone else I have ZERO shows for Feb or March & my baby is sick-I had to take her for a breathing treatment today! It was horrible holding my 10month olds little arms down & forcing a mask on her face while she screamed in fear for 10min straighjt!!! I'm a single mom so i am struggling now... I dont have a sitter who can watch her right now to do shows... little stressful!! I will TRY to make calls tomorrow but lately they havent been getting me anywhere! Whats somthing special i can offer as a bonus for a feb show WITHOUT COMING OUT OF POCKET AS I HAVE NOOOO MONEY!!!!

I think it may be a good idea for you to offer an online sale! Be sure to tell them the great specials for the month and either do a mystery host theme where a lucky winner gets the host benefits from your catty online show or give them SOME free product value. Not all.
Or keep the stuff for yourself and give that person ONE nice thing from your FREE stuff. Tell everyone your situation and hopefully they can help you out.
Hope it works out for you.
Debbie

Have you heard the Power Hour CD? She does CCC's for 15 minutes everyday and sometimes it will be just to collect odd orders which she submits each month as a "show" to add $1000-$2000 in sales every month. Pick any item (hers were about $60, I think) and just tell the customers how wonderful it is and that you are placing an order for them this Friday. Do they want to be on the list to get one? Belinda says it doesn't even have to be on sale, just pick an item if nothing is on sale!

My director told me about a new thing that was talked about at leadership called 3-2-1... which stands for 3 contacts a day 2 bookings a week, 1 recurit a month... I went to a training last weekend, let me tell y ou it lit the fire underneath my butt... LOL :)

ChefBurke said:

I was thinking of going to a few businesses (Curves is one that is always selling avon and gold canyon candles) ...so I plan to go there, and I will suggest that the person in charge could co-host, and we could offer 1/2 of the benefits to one mystery customer... we'll see how that goes! Good luck. I would also try the leave of absence....that is why they have such a thing!

Pardon a newbie here, but what happens when you go inactive? I thought I read somewhere that there were no fees or penalties to be reactivated???

StamperedChef said:
Pardon a newbie here, but what happens when you go inactive? I thought I read somewhere that there were no fees or penalties to be reactivated???

True no fees. But you loose the total career sales you have accumulated, and when you reach $15,000 you get an additional 2% commission. Plus if you have recruited anyone,those recruits would no longer be under you, they'd go under your director...
The only time you'd have to pay again, is if you were inactive for a year.

To stay active...we only have to turn in $200 every other month.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sherry
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
avelissar
  • ChefJWarren
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views