• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on "Final Inactive" Status

In summary, the conversation suggests that the person is inactive as of Feb 1st and will be permanently inactive on March 1st. After a year of no sales from date status changed to inactive, the person go permanently inactive and has to buy a new kit to start over again.
pchefinski
Last show was in December 2006 - does that mean I turn permanent inactive status on February 1st or March 1st? I thought it was Feb 1st that I was going to be permanently inactive but I'm still able to sign into consultant's corner. After a year of no sales from date status changed to inactive, I go permanently inactive and have to buy a new kit to start over again.I've been bummed out for the past few weeks, knowing that the end is near. After struggling through my business with very minimal shows (I had 5 shows total, 3 of which were catalog shows), I lost what support I had from DH and felt it was time to be done. A year ago, he told me I should just maintain it as a here-and-there hobby type of thing, but I felt one of the reasons I had such a hard time was because it was so sporadic and spread out that I didn't have the confidence to succeed. I felt I needed more time to devote to my family; we were trying to get pregnant, and I needed to work on my household responsibilities. I was feeling stretched thin from having too many irons in the fire and not being able to be as successful as I wished with PC. In the end, it's probably not going to happen again for a long long time, if ever. Once my final inactive status hits, I'll have to buy a new kit to start up again. DH won't fly with that - I couldn't even pull it off with a kit that was gifted to me. The sadness is just from seeing the last month come and go and know that I'm not meant to do something that I really loved doing but could never pull off. :cry: :(

Last edited:
But just think of all the brand new products you could buy with those bonus PC dollars, oh, and the forged cutlery.

What if you have 6 shows planned already, so that you coudl pay back new kit cost (remember you will get s/s catalogs too!) AND get your Christmas shopping done early?

I have mentioned this before, but I just love the starter program!!

Amanda, you can check your tracking planner on CC to see. If your last show was in Dec 2006 was it $200 or more or less. That could make the difference in when your year is over.

I am confused reading your comments. Do you still want to continue with PC or not?

Everything is updated by the 10th of each month. If in fact you are inactive as of Feb, you will still have access to Consultant's Corner until the 8th-10th and then no access after that.

If you had 200 in sales in Dec. you would go inactive in March...at the first of the month they look at the past 2 months to see if you had 200 in sales. So, in Feb. they looked at Dec. and Jan...if you had 200 in Dec. you would still be active. At least that is how I understand it....

As far as starting again...do you feel differently now? Has your circumstances changed? Do you feel motivated to make it work as a hobby, part-time, full-time, etc.? I am a hobby consultant. I try to do 1 show each month, but sometimes I skip a month. My husband and I run a business and I have 3 children to schedule around, so I don't always have much time to devote to PC. But, I love PC and keep going because of all the great benefits. If you set your mind to it then you can do it. But, if you don't feel like it is "the time", then it is always there to come back to.

The way I see it, now would be a great time to have a show so that you can remain active. If you don't have much new stuff you can borrow from other consultants in your cluster or your director. If you want to do it, I am sure they will support you and help you.

I was under the impression that you only had 12 months from the date of the last $200 before you were inactive. That happened to me when I 1st signed. I was inactive for 11 months but made it back before I had to get a new kit. That was 4 years ago so things might have changed when the new consultant program came out. This would mean that you are already inactive & need to sign a new agreement. But I would check with your director or HO to be sure.

I went to CC to see if I could find the correct answer for you. This is what is listed under Policies & Procedures.

Inactive Status
After any two consecutive months of commissionable sales
totaling less than $200, your status becomes “inactive.” An
inactive Consultant loses the privileges listed previously under
“Active Status;” however, they retain access to Consultant’s
Corner for twelve months and can place Supply orders
(excluding product) and submit Shows.
In addition, inactive Consultants forfeit the following:
• Career sales credited to them. They will revert to $0 in
career sales, which means their commission rate will be
20 percent upon reactivation.
• Personal recruits. They will be assigned to your recruiter
and will not be reassigned to you upon reactivation.
Consultant Resignation. If you wish to resign, please send
a written letter of resignation to the Home Office and to
your Director. Once resigned, you will lose the same benefits
as outlined under Inactive Status. Resignation dates are
effective on the first business day of the month.

Reactivation
When an inactive Consultant wishes to reactivate and
sell again, the following guidelines apply:

After 1 - 11 Months of Inactivity*
Submit $200 in commissionable sales in one month.
*Liability insurance will accumulate while inactive and be
deducted from the commission check.

After 12 or More Months of Inactivity
At this point, a Consultant must submit a new Independent
Consultant Agreement and pay the new kit fee plus sales
tax. A new Consultant number will be assigned. The
Consultant is eligible for the New Consultant Rewards
program. The new Consultant can be recruited by the
original recruiter or by any other Consultant or Director.

NOTE: Consultants may submit orders while inactive.
However, orders of less than $200 in commissionable sales
do not qualify a Consultant to become reactivated.

After any two consecutive months of commissionable sales
totaling less than $200, your status becomes “inactive.”
I read through this statement on my CC like a dozen times and never picked up on it til you just posted this. Two consecutive months of sales less than $200. Well, I didn't submit anything in January or February, so I went inactive in March. Then it says
After 1 - 11 Months of Inactivity*
Submit $200 in commissionable sales in one month.
*Liability insurance will accumulate while inactive and be
deducted from the commission check.After 12 or More Months of Inactivity
At this point, a Consultant must submit a new Independent
Consultant Agreement and pay the new kit fee
I got it now - if I submit $200+ before the last day of February (my 11th month of no sales while inactive), then I'll just go active again. If not, March 1st will be the start of my 12th month inactive, therefore I'll have to sign again & buy a new kit.Why was this so difficult for me to understand?? :confused: :p

pchefinski said:
I read through this statement on my CC like a dozen times and never picked up on it til you just posted this. Two consecutive months of sales less than $200. Well, I didn't submit anything in January or February, so I went inactive in March. Then it says I got it now - if I submit $200+ before the last day of February (my 11th month of no sales while inactive), then I'll just go active again. If not, March 1st will be the start of my 12th month inactive, therefore I'll have to sign again & buy a new kit.

Why was this so difficult for me to understand?? :confused: :p

Because you have more factors in the situation, it is a major thing in your life and you want to make sure you got it right. :)

1. What does "Final Inactive" status mean?

"Final Inactive" status means that the consultant has not placed an order or held a party for the past six months and has not renewed their agreement with Pampered Chef. This status indicates that the consultant is no longer active with the company.

2. Can a consultant return to active status after being in "Final Inactive" status?

Yes, a consultant can return to active status by placing an order or holding a party within six months of being in "Final Inactive" status. They will also need to renew their agreement with Pampered Chef.

3. How can I check if I am in "Final Inactive" status?

You can check your status by logging into your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website. Your status will be displayed on your homepage.

4. Will I lose my team and commission if I am in "Final Inactive" status?

If you are in "Final Inactive" status, you will no longer receive team commissions. However, if you return to active status within six months, you can continue with your team and earn commissions again.

5. Can I still purchase products and attend events if I am in "Final Inactive" status?

Yes, you can still purchase products and attend events as a customer even if you are in "Final Inactive" status. However, you will not be able to earn any consultant benefits or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • amy07