• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Understand Inactive Status

A
Adrian
I just completed my first 90 days and am in danger of being Inactive or possibly am Inactive, but I'm not clear on what the penalties are. I had two catalog parties flake on me and only had one guest show up at my show, which was the only one I had in April, so I didn't have $150 worth of orders for April, which I believe made me Inactive for April. I didn't receive any communication from the Home Office or from my upline about it, but that's what I'm assuming.

This month, I've been trying to get some bookings going, but haven't had any luck thus far, just a few small personal orders that might not reach $150, so there is the possibility of being inactive for two months in a row.

So what actually happens to me? Apparently I lose my "Career Sales" which I'm not too concerned about. I work full time, so my sales are not likely to be high enough for me to ever earn any of the trips or anything, so while it's not desirable, it doesn't seem too problematic. It says something about losing my 2% commission, but I'm not sure what that means. Does that mean I will lose part of my commission on my sales that are less than the $150 or does that mean something else?

My biggest concern is that I might lose my website. I can't find it now, but I thought I read something that you lose your website or your ability to accept on-line orders if you are Inactive for a period of time, but I can't remember. Since I've printed this on all my materials and given it to all my customers, that could be a big problem.

I'd appreciate it if someone could explain it to me so I will know where I stand. Thanks!

I have copied from the Consultant Policy Guide (below).

To answer your questions as best I can: The 2% loss means: If you reached $15,000 in sales, you get a 2% bonus, which you would lose if you go inactive 2 months in a row. I would call HO directly about what happens to online orders if you are inactive. If it were me, I would do my best to stay active and compile all the orders I have into a show. When I find myself in this situation, I put a message on facebook that I am just $40 away (or whatever) from reaching my goal. I always wind up with something. And, if I'm like $10 or so away, I will order some small things for giveaways or stuff I need.
SPECIAL SITUATIONS

Active Consultant
A Consultant (of any level) is active in a month when he or
she submits at least $150 personal commissionable sales.

Privileges of Active Consultants
• Receive mailed version of Consultant News
 If you were active in at least one of the two months
prior to the month the Consultant News is mailed,
you will be sent the next issue. For example, if you
were active in April and/or May you will receive a
July Consultant News which is mailed in June.
 Place personal or sample orders.
 All Consultants, regardless of title, must be active
for three consecutive months in order to submit kit
enhancement orders.

Inactive Consultant
A Consultant (of any level) is considered inactive for
the month if she submits less than $150 in personal
• Liability insurance will accumulate while inactive and
be deducted from the commission check as soon as a
Consultant is active in a month
• After two months of continuous inactivity, a Consultant
(of any level) will lose her career sales, as well as her 2%
commission increase (if already earned).
• Consultants (at any level) do not lose their recruits after
two consecutive inactive months. We want Consultants
who have already started building a team to reengage in
the business with their team in place.

Inactive for 6 months
 A Consultant’s Personal Web Site will be removed
effective the first of the month following six months
of consecutive inactivity.

Hi Adrian,

You are inactive any month that you do not meet the $150 in commissionable sales. You went inactive in April. As you mentioned, you will lose your career sales if you are inactive again in May.

Though you may not be interested in trips, losing your career sales is not something you want. As you continue with your new biz, every commissionable sale is adding towards your 15K career sales. When you hit that 15K, you get a permanent 2% raise. It's like starting anew.

Being that you're in your 1st 90 days, you also will lose the sales towards hitting your $1250 and becoming qualified. When you are qualified ($1250), you'll be able to accept individual online orders and wedding registries.

You still have a little more than 2 weeks....you just may be able to hit that $150.

Also, being inactive is something you want to keep track of. HO may send an email, and your recruiter or Director may give you a courtesy reminder....but it's a good idea to be on top of your stats rather than depend on others to alert you.

HTH

Looks like we were typing at the same time Anne. :)

Weel, great minds think alike, Laurie!

Thank you for the info. I am trying to get things going on a better course, but I've got a lot else going on at the same time so this month has just been unusually hectic for me and last month I just plain had bad luck. I invited 25 guests to my party, made my reminder calls and everything and still ended up with just 1 lonesome guest.

Another question - You said: I put a message on facebook that I am just $40 away (or whatever) from reaching my goal

That is definitely something I CAN do because I'm on Facebook and Twitter a lot and have a lot of on-line friends, but I'm not quite understanding what is and isn't OK to put on there. How do you word it so you don't get in trouble?

Sometimes, that's just the way things happen. :rolleyes:

I will say: Hi everyone! I am just $40 away from reaching my goal this month. If you would like to place an order let me know! (I will include a link to my website or the PC website).

I will warn you, we get into a gray area on the personal wesbite link thing and there has been much discussion. I include my link sometimes because its only my friends and family that I allow to see my page. My page is NOT open to the public and I feel that it is OK to include my link. I am sure others will weigh in on this.

Anne.....my brain misfires quite a bit....not sure if you want to link yours with mine. :D

As Anne mentioned, posting your website may get you in trouble. Some interpret it as permissible, but the policy actually states it's a no no. I know a few consultants who have gotten a call from HO because of it. So tread carefully.

You're not supposed to mention The Pampered Chef or PC specifically....the policy is being updated.

I'd simply post..."I'm so close to my goal this month! Let me know if you're interested". Or if you haven't posted yet, tell everyone how excited you are to have started your new business.

When people ask for specifics, send a private email. You can then include your website address, along with host name. Post that you sent an email...others will be asked to be included too.

HTH

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
You're not supposed to mention The Pampered Chef or PC specifically....the policy is being updated.

It kills me because the only reason I signed up for FB was for PC; to keep friends, family, hosts up to date on info. To me, its no different than a newsletter. And, I'm not soliciting anyone.

Thanks for the great ideas ladies! I do appreciate all your help and advice.

I know Anne....it's frustrating sometimes....I just stay vague as most now know I'm referring to PC. :)

I too only joined FB because a fellow cheffer mentioned it. lol

Quite welcome Adrian....wishing you many orders! :)

1. What are the penalties for being Inactive in my direct sales business?

The specific penalties for being Inactive may vary depending on the company and its policies. However, some common penalties may include losing your Career Sales, losing your commission rate, and potentially losing your website or ability to accept online orders.

2. How do I know if I am Inactive?

You can typically check your status through your company's website or by contacting your upline or the Home Office. If you have not received any communication about being Inactive, it is possible that you are still considered Active.

3. Will being Inactive affect my commission rate?

Yes, being Inactive may result in a lower commission rate. This means that you may receive a smaller percentage of commission on your sales if you are Inactive.

4. What happens to my website if I am Inactive?

This may vary depending on the company's policies, but it is possible that you may lose your website or your ability to accept online orders if you are Inactive for a period of time. It is important to check with your company for specific details.

5. What can I do to maintain my Active status?

The best way to maintain your Active status is to consistently meet the sales requirements set by your company. This may involve booking parties, reaching out to potential customers, and promoting your business. It is also important to stay in communication with your upline or the Home Office to stay informed about your status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • any_09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • amy07