• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inactive vs. Resigning: Understanding Consultant Status and Reactivation Rules

In summary, the conversation is about the rules for reactivating and resigning as a Pampered Chef consultant. According to the Policies and Procedures, a consultant can reactivate within 12 months of going inactive by submitting $200 in a 2 month consecutive period. However, if a consultant resigns, they forfeit the ability to reactivate and must wait 12 months before re-signing with a new kit. It is recommended to confirm with Consultant Career Solutions for clarification.
amy07
Not trying to create controversy. I know that a call to HO will be needed to clarify, but hoping some of you may be able to shed some insight to this.

So, according to the P&P, a Consultant who goes inactive by not meeting the $200 minimum can reactivate at any point within the following 12 months of going inactive by submitting $200 in a 2month consecutive period. HOWEVER, P&P also states that a Consultant may RESIGN at any time, thus forfeiting the privileges of reactivating.

From P&P: "Consultant Resignation. If you wish to resign, please send
a written letter of resignation to the Home Office and to
your Director. Once resigned, you will lose the same benefits
as outlined under Inactive Status. Resignation dates are
effective on the first business day of the month"

So, here's my question, IF a Consultant resigns, does it seem possible that the Consultant could also re-sign at a later date, prior to 1 full year as a NEW Consultant, and not be considered a "re-activating" Consultant? Obviously, the Consultant would lose recruits,career sales, points, etc.

That's how it seems to read, but I would double check with Consultant Career Solutions.Have you asked on DCS?

Wow. Keep us updated on what you find out from HO...there are folks on here who would love to know the answer!

Yes keep us posted - I know that some here (and not here!) would most likely resign but are waiting because of the directors they would be assigned to -

My understanding from my director is that once you send in a letter of resignation you can NEVER re-sign with Pampered Chef. I could be wrong, but that is what I was told.

amy07 said:
Not trying to create controversy. I know that a call to HO will be needed to clarify, but hoping some of you may be able to shed some insight to this.

So, according to the P&P, a Consultant who goes inactive by not meeting the $200 minimum can reactivate at any point within the following 12 months of going inactive by submitting $200 in a 2month consecutive period. HOWEVER, P&P also states that a Consultant may RESIGN at any time, thus forfeiting the privileges of reactivating.

From P&P: "Consultant Resignation. If you wish to resign, please send
a written letter of resignation to the Home Office and to
your Director. Once resigned, you will lose the same benefits
as outlined under Inactive Status.
Resignation dates are
effective on the first business day of the month"

So, here's my question, IF a Consultant resigns, does it seem possible that the Consultant could also re-sign at a later date, prior to 1 full year as a NEW Consultant, and not be considered a "re-activating" Consultant? Obviously, the Consultant would lose recruits,career sales, points, etc.

I have always been told that the resignation is for an active consultant that doesn't want to sell anymore & doesn't have any intention of reactivitating. I read the bolded part (my emphasis) as they would have to be resigned for 12 months or more to re-sign.

I Have Only One Consultant And He May Need To Go Inactive For Nov/dec Due To Work And Travel Commitments... Where Can I Find Out The Info On This? I Haven't Been Able To Locate It In Consultants Corner.

Deb&dave

To go inactive, consultants don't have to do anything - literally. Just don't submit $200 in total sales for a 2 month period. If your recruit wants to keep his/her career sales and can't get together any catalog shows to keep him "alive", then he/she will need to submit a request for leave.

If a consultant goes inactive she can reactivate at any time within 12 months just by submitting $200 commissionable in one calendar month. At that time she will be charged the $2/month insurance for the months she missed. If she re-signs after the 12 months she is still charged for the insurance payments she missed (I think just for 12 months worth but that would need to be clarified).

If a consultant resigns she can re-sign any time with the same recruiter (or person she was assigned to when she left) and would have to pay for a new kit. If she chose to go with a new recruiter she would still have to wait the 12 months to sign with that person. She would not have to pay the back insurance payments.

Beth, if I am reading this correctly, that means I could resign this month and then RE-SIGN next month by paying for a new kit?

EDIT: I re-read Beth's post.... you still have to wait the 12 months to re-sign.

heather223 said:
Beth, if I am reading this correctly, that means I could resign this month and then RE-SIGN next month by paying for a new kit?

EDIT: I re-read Beth's post.... you still have to wait the 12 months to re-sign.

Actually, I think that if you stay with the same recruiter you probably can sign again within the 12 months (if you resigned).

Either way, if you are signing with a different person you have to wait 12 months after you go inactive. Letting it expire costs you $2 per month in back insurance; resigning releases you from having to pay that. As far as I can tell that's the only difference. Clear as mud hey?

What is the difference between being inactive and resigning?

Inactive status means that you are still technically employed by Pampered Chef, but you are not currently working or making sales. Resigning means that you have officially left the company and are no longer employed by us.

How do I become inactive?

To become inactive, you simply need to stop making sales and working for Pampered Chef. Your account will then be marked as inactive.

Can I come back from being inactive?

Yes, you can come back from being inactive by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or our customer service team. They can help you reactivate your account.

Will I still receive commission if I am inactive?

No, you will not receive commission if you are inactive. Commission is only earned on active sales.

How do I officially resign from Pampered Chef?

To resign from Pampered Chef, you can contact your consultant or our customer service team. They will guide you through the resignation process and answer any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • amy07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kcont
  • Mel5497