• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Home Renovations Truly Drive You Insane?

In summary, Misty's house is always in a state of disrepair, she has lost various things, her husband is working on remodeling the bathroom and bringing the power up to code and her sons are feeling left out.
apriljc
I think I am going to lose my mind. Our hot water heater went out yesterday evening and we went and bought another one and it took my DH and BIL till about midnight to install it. So woke up this am and it was leaking water. A fitting came loose or something. So now today my house is even more of a disaster. DH is in the basement with the hot water heater. My BIL is under my kitchen sink installing a water purifier and I have no water. I couldn't do laundry yesterday and now they have shut the water off today while they are working on the lines. I am trying to also clean my house because I am having a baby shower at my house next Saturday. I think I am going to lose my mind.

Well, at least you are getting it all out the way at once! HEHEHE

...I know how it is, my house is about 70 years old and in a constant state of disrepair...there is always something! It is very annoying when you are trying to get things accomplished and things keep blowing up around you.

Head off to Barnes and Noble for a Coffee and a book....and then by the time you come home the men will be finished andyou can get on with things..

Misty

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.If having those two do plumbing is anything like me doing plumbing, you've learned some new words that you cannot use in church.

Ah come on thats nothing, try no water or power for 72 hours, siding coming off the house and flooding! That was us about a month ago. Huge storm, we had broken lights out side, shingles come off our shed out side is gone. Take this time to relax and read a book!!;)

;) Awww, Heck, I have all kinds of water for ya... course, its coming in through my kitchen ceiling, but its there if ya want it!

And after just having a bunch of new plumbing done on my house, and the system backing up & getting that fixed last week, my husband just came up to tell me we have the washing machine backing up and water in the basement. Ugh, well at least the contractors were due at the house tomorrow anyways so I don't have to call anyone.

tlennhoff said:
And after just having a bunch of new plumbing done on my house, and the system backing up & getting that fixed last week, my husband just came up to tell me we have the washing machine backing up and water in the basement. Ugh, well at least the contractors were due at the house tomorrow anyways so I don't have to call anyone.
Hey Tash, haven't seen alot of posts from ya, where ya been?

I've been busy/crazy and without power regularly as contractors work on remodelling the bathroom and bringing our power/electricity up to code.

Hey April,

Well at least your computer is working!:)

Thank goodness my computer is still in working order. They finally got the water heater and water purifier done. I have now done 3 loads of laundry and have washed dishes so I feel a little better. Oh I forgot to mention that in August we had some windows replaced on out mud room and kitchen. My DH, his grandpa, and uncle did it themselves. Well the muc room we moved our main entrance door over a little so they had to rebuild a wall. Well I keep asking DH when he is going to dry wall and get things done. Well he decided to try and get that started too. He has put one coat of mud on and has sanded it a little so now I have dry wall dust all over my kitchen. Out of all the weekends, he decides to do it now. I have no idea when I am going to clean for this coming weekend. I am just feeling a little stressed out right now and had to vent. I do feel better now. I have to go do my homework now, oh yeh did I mention that I started back to school on Tuesday and have a bunch of reading to do. My DH also is in school and has a paper due on Wednesday. I think my two boys are feeling kind of left out so we will have to make some extra time for them this week too. Thanks everybody for listening to me.

I was talking to a lady today about a house she'll be living in in Germany, built sometime in the 1500's!!! And here we are thinking a house from 1950 is old!

It doesn't really matter when your home was built (1840 here) because once you own a structure, you might as well have a direct phone line to the local hardware store. (It'll be the plumbing department at Neu's for me this week.)

My very yuppie younger brother made it very clear when he and his girlfriend (who is now his wife) were looking for a house that he was NOT interested in a fixer-upper. He wanted a home that he could move right into. He didn't want to have to do a lot of remodeling.

He did find a house they liked. That was seven years ago. He's almost done with the remodeling.

Related to Can Home Renovations Truly Drive You Insane?

1. How can I prevent my house from falling apart?

The best way to prevent your house from falling apart is to regularly inspect and maintain it. This includes checking for any signs of damage or wear and tear, such as cracks in the walls or foundation, leaking pipes, or damaged roof shingles. It's also important to address any repairs or maintenance needs promptly to prevent small issues from turning into larger, more costly problems.

2. What are the most common causes of a house falling apart?

There are several common causes of a house falling apart, including natural wear and tear over time, poor construction or building materials, and lack of maintenance. Other factors such as extreme weather conditions, water damage, and pest infestations can also contribute to a house deteriorating.

3. How do I know if my house is at risk of falling apart?

If you notice any warning signs such as cracks in the walls or foundation, sagging or uneven floors, or doors and windows that are difficult to open or close, your house may be at risk of falling apart. It's important to have a professional inspection to assess the extent of the damage and determine the best course of action.

4. Can I fix my house if it's falling apart?

In most cases, yes, a house can be fixed if it's falling apart. The extent and cost of the repairs will depend on the severity of the damage and the underlying causes. It's important to consult with a professional contractor or builder to determine the best course of action and to ensure the repairs are done correctly.

5. How much does it cost to repair a house that's falling apart?

The cost of repairing a house that's falling apart can vary greatly depending on the extent of the damage and the necessary repairs. It's best to get quotes from reputable contractors or builders to get an accurate estimate for your specific situation. In some cases, homeowners insurance may cover some of the costs if the damage is caused by a covered peril.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99