• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Customers Return Products After 7 Years?

In summary, most of the customers at the show had problems with products they had bought 10 years ago. Most of the customers were not able to produce receipts for the products, and one lady wanted to return a product that she had purchased last month.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
So I did a show today and there were guests there that haven't been to a show in a really long time. Needless to say almost everyone had a problem with something they bought 10 years ago, which of course none of them have receipts for! I didn't know what to say. Then I had a lady ask in front of everyone if she could return a product. I knew she had purchased from a show last month and so I assumed that it was something she purchased then. She then proceeds to tell me that it was similar to the tart pan set, but it was aluminum and the well is not as deep. She said it has never been out of the box and now wants to return it after at least 7 years. I was shocked to say the least. I was so discouraged after this show.:cry:

krzymomof4 said:
So I did a show today and there were guests there that haven't been to a show in a really long time. Needless to say almost everyone had a problem with something they bought 10 years ago, which of course none of them have receipts for! I didn't know what to say. Then I had a lady ask in front of everyone if she could return a product. I knew she had purchased from a show last month and so I assumed that it was something she purchased then. She then proceeds to tell me that it was similar to the tart pan set, but it was aluminum and the well is not as deep. She said it has never been out of the box and now wants to return it after at least 7 years. I was shocked to say the least. I was so discouraged after this show.:cry:

Is she one of the ones who thinks EVERYTHING we sell has a lifetime warranty? lol

Sorry....we all have those shows, thankfully they are few and far between!

Hope you got good sales and bookings!

I have decided to take myself out of the "return" loop and just tell people to call HO. I give them this word document, and supply them with a copy of their receipt if it's still under warranty. That's it. That's all I'm required to do, and I'm not going to let people pull me down. Here's the document I came up with:

Attachments

• Return Instructions.doc
    37 KB · Views: 343
Cathy~

document isn't attached!! lol

Sorry - it is now. I had to reformat it from a different Word version.

Thanks Cathy--that is great!

Thanks Cathy! I love how this is going to simplify explaining our return procedures...no more blank stares when I try to explain it to customers.:)

I keep running into people here that think the stoneware has a lifetime warranty on it. I even had to go find an old catalog to make sure it didnt have a lifetime warranty.

Jennie4PC said:
I keep running into people here that think the stoneware has a lifetime warranty on it. I even had to go find an old catalog to make sure it didnt have a lifetime warranty.
I have had that issue too so I make a point of telling them the warranty at every show.

Thanks for the doc Cathy! It's great! I added one paragraph to it:

If it is within 30 days of purchase:
1. Contact Pampered Chef as above and tell them why you want to return or exchange the product.
2. They will give you a REFERENCE NUMBER and tell you if they will be sending a mailing label or a FedEx pickup and what to do to send it back if necessary. In some cases they do not require a defective product to be returned.
3. They will send you the replacement, exchange or refund.

I take care of this for my customers and hosts but wanted to add it to this doc so that people are reminded that they have 30 days to do whatever they want at absolutely no cost to them. I did not add that I would make the call for them (even though I do) because I don't necessarily want to make the call for that customer who purchased a stone 10 years ago and is demanding a replacement...

cathyskitchen said:
I have decided to take myself out of the "return" loop and just tell people to call HO. I give them this word document, and supply them with a copy of their receipt if it's still under warranty. That's it. That's all I'm required to do, and I'm not going to let people pull me down. Here's the document I came up with:

This is awesome, I have been looking for something like this, Thanks Cathy :) :)

BethCooks4U said:
I have had that issue too so I make a point of telling them the warranty at every show.

Thanks for the doc Cathy! It's great! I added one paragraph to it:

I take care of this for my customers and hosts but wanted to add it to this doc so that people are reminded that they have 30 days to do whatever they want at absolutely no cost to them. I did not add that I would make the call for them (even though I do) because I don't necessarily want to make the call for that customer who purchased a stone 10 years ago and is demanding a replacement...

I always take care of returns for hosts and customers within 30 days of shipment. This document was meant for people who want to return/exchange something after the 30 days is over.

When people go on a downward cycle, I try to get the positive back to light. In your instance, I might have asked people to write info on the order form so that we could talk about it when we went to check out. I would be polite but firm - "we don't want to take everyone's time so we can discuss your return needs individually."

I throw kisses at my shows and will ask for one back if someone starts to talk about another product or complain. It's all in fun but I want to remind them why we are there.

Good luck....

Cathy, the document is great thank you!!
Are you the one that also sends thank yous to outside orders?
If so can you post that document again. You are just so professional.,

What do you do when they don't have their receipts?
One lady's excuse was that she moved 3 times since then and she doesn't know what happened to it.
The pan lady knows that her warranty is no good anyway since it has been forever.

I've called for people who don't have a receipt, and didn't buy from me. But I'm going to stop doing that. It never fails, it's always bee a LOT longer than they thought since they bought it - and I can tell that they don't believe me when I report back what customer service said about it. One former coworker told me she had bought a Suds Pump a year ago for her mom - when HO finally found record of her order, it was from 6 or 7 years ago! No wonder the plastic had crumbled on it.Anyhoo, I figure that's why HO has a toll-free number for customer service. So that customers can call for themselves.

Thanks for the document, Cathy!!! It looks great!

cathyskitchen said:
I always take care of returns for hosts and customers within 30 days of shipment. This document was meant for people who want to return/exchange something after the 30 days is over.
I understand that and I do too. I wanted to add that (for myself) so that those same people see that in the future they can take care of the return earlier without cost.

Related to Can Customers Return Products After 7 Years?

What is "Coming Out of the Woodwork"?

"Coming Out of the Woodwork" is a phrase used to describe someone or something that suddenly appears or becomes known after being hidden or inactive for a long time.

What does "Coming Out of the Woodwork" mean in the context of Pampered Chef?

In the context of Pampered Chef, "Coming Out of the Woodwork" refers to customers or potential customers who have not been actively engaged with the company, but suddenly express interest or make a purchase.

Why is "Coming Out of the Woodwork" important for Pampered Chef consultants?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, building and maintaining relationships with customers is crucial for a successful business. When customers come out of the woodwork, it presents an opportunity to reconnect and potentially gain new business.

What are some strategies for engaging with customers who are "Coming Out of the Woodwork"?

One strategy is to reach out to these customers through personal messages or phone calls to thank them for their past support and offer any new products or specials. Another strategy is to host a virtual or in-person event to showcase new products and reconnect with customers.

How can Pampered Chef consultants prepare for customers "Coming Out of the Woodwork"?

Pampered Chef consultants can stay prepared by regularly updating their customer list and keeping track of past interactions. It is also helpful to have marketing materials and special offers ready to share with customers who come out of the woodwork. Additionally, staying active on social media and regularly posting about new products and promotions can keep customers engaged and interested in the brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • astavnes