• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Word Document Be Saved as a Pdf?

CutePDF. It's free and easy to use. Just go to: https://online.primopdf.com/Default.aspx and click on "Download."It will open up a window where you can choose where to save the file. Just type in the same name as your Word document and click "Save."It will then open up in Primo PDF and you can edit or print it as you would any other document.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have a word document - a flyer invite - that when my host tried to open it the formatting is all messed up. Is there a way to save it as a PDF so that when she opens it it looks right to her and is printable?

I can use that to save a word doc as a PDF? How do I do it? Help?

I have this program as well, and use it all the time.

After you have installed the program, open your Word document (or any other MS program). Click CTRL+P (or go to Open, and click on Print). Choose CutePDF as your printer. Then click OK.

A save Window will open, allowing you to name your document and choose where you will save it. For me, I use the same name as the original, but put "pdf" after the name, so it's easy to find.

Click on save...then, if you go to Documents, you will be able to find it and open it as a PDF.

Hope that makes sense!

nikked said:
I have this program as well, and use it all the time.

After you have installed the program, open your Word document (or any other MS program). Click CTRL+P (or go to Open, and click on Print). Choose CutePDF as your printer. Then click OK.

A save Window will open, allowing you to name your document and choose where you will save it. For me, I use the same name as the original, but put "pdf" after the name, so it's easy to find.

Click on save...then, if you go to Documents, you will be able to find it and open it as a PDF.

Hope that makes sense!

I am compltetly baffled.
Do you think if I emailed you the flyer, you could convert it and email it back to me? Pretty please?

dannyzmom said:
I am compltetly baffled.
Do you think if I emailed you the flyer, you could convert it and email it back to me? Pretty please?

Yeah, I can do that. But, what has you baffled?

[email protected]

NooraK said:
Try this:

https://online.primopdf.com/Default.aspx

You should be able to just upload the Word document, and get it emailed to you.

Hmmm...Noora, I tried that site and it was almost perfect except it messed up the formatting of the document so everything was out of whack :(

There is a version you can download to your computer too, maybe that'll work better.

CutePDF really is incredibly easy to use. The main difference is that you act like you are going to PRINT instead of SAVE. But it doesn't print it to your printer, it sort of "prints" it to a PDF file.

1. Click on "Print" (don't click on the little printer picture, but go to "File>Print"
2. Then from the printers you choose CutePDF (drop down menu)
3. Click "OK"
4. It will bring up that same box that comes up if you had clicked on "Save As" - where you tell it where to save the file and what name.
5. Click on the directory you want to save in.
6. Name the file what you want it to be called (it can be the same name as the Word file since it's .pdf instead of .doc)
7. Click "Save" It's then saving it in PDF form. It will save and you'll be brought back to your original Word document.

Close your Word document and/or go to the directory you saved the PDF file to and open the PDF version!

Carolyn, I've used the installed version of Primo PDF before, and it's worked well and easily. Install it, and it puts an option as another printer. Then all you have to do is go to File > Print from within your document and select Primo PDF as the printer. It will ask you for a file name to save it as, and a location.

When I tried to download the CutePDF program my virus protection program said NO WAY HIGH RISK so I panicked and didn't go through with it. Do I have to download something with Primo?

You should be able to just try and print it and instead of sending to your printer, select the option to "Primo PDF"

It will make it a PDF and then save as to whatever folder you want to save it or you can just email it from there.

I just had to do this with an invite.

HTH,

Lisa

Since that web version I linked earlier didn't work for you, you'd have to download the other version to use PrimoPDF.

Ok so my virus program won't let me download Cute PDF but it is letting me download the Primo program...I am a nervous wreck downloading it right now....LOL

OMG OMG OMG!!!!
It works!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

Glad to help!

dannyzmom said:
Ok so my virus program won't let me download Cute PDF but it is letting me download the Primo program...I am a nervous wreck downloading it right now....LOL

I did Cute PDF and it can through ok. Isn't it great once you figure this out?!!! I knew it could be done, I just did not know how until this past August when a computer person told me...heavenly!!!

Before I had the full version of Acrobat, this is what I used:

PDFCreator | pdfforge.org

It's free and worked really well.

Thanks, Kathleen. I had been searching for these programs and had asked different people that I know. Once I found it, I can't imagine why more don't know about this. Talk about feeling out of touch!!

Word 07 has .pdf as a save option, too.

1. Can I save a Word document as a PDF?

Yes, you can easily save a Word document as a PDF by following these steps:

• 1. Open the Word document that you want to save as a PDF.
  • 2. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen.
  • 3. Select "Export" from the drop-down menu.
  • 4. Click on "Create PDF/XPS Document" on the right-hand side.
  • 5. Choose a location to save the PDF and click "Publish".

2. Why would I want to save a Word document as a PDF?

Saving a Word document as a PDF can be useful for several reasons:

• 1. PDFs are universally readable, meaning they can be opened on any device or operating system.
  • 2. PDFs preserve the formatting and layout of the original document, ensuring it looks the same for all viewers.
  • 3. PDFs are more secure than Word documents, as they cannot be easily edited or changed.

3. Can I edit a PDF after saving it from a Word document?

Yes, you can make minor edits to a PDF saved from a Word document by using a PDF editing software or online tool. However, for more extensive edits, it is best to make the changes in the original Word document and save it again as a PDF.

4. Will saving a Word document as a PDF affect the quality of the document?

No, saving a Word document as a PDF will not affect the quality of the document. The PDF will retain the same quality as the original Word document.

5. Can I convert a PDF back to a Word document?

Yes, there are several tools and software available that can convert a PDF back to a Word document. However, the formatting and layout of the original Word document may not be preserved, so it is best to keep a backup of the original Word document.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • c00p