• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Way to Shrink a Word Document?

In summary, you can reduce the print size of a document by printing it on multiple pages and then cutting it down to the desired size.
dwyerkim
I have a HWC invite that I want to use--all set to go as an 8.5x11 document in Word. I would love to shrink it somehow to 2 per page to save on printing costs, and wondered if there is an easy way to do this on my computer. I realize that I could take it somewhere and have it shrunk down, but I would like to just have a computer file so I can print it at home. Anyone have any ideas? All I can think of is to print it, scan it, then manipulate the image but I'm afraid I'll loose a lot of the quality. Thanks for any help or other ideas to reduce my printing costs!

FILE,
PRINT,
PAGES PER SHEET

Pick the number of pages to print per sheet

This option may be dependent on your printer????

GOOD LUCK!!!

I have not been able to get my printer to do it that way.
I have had luck with scanning my flyers in and saving it as a jpg file. I save it in "my Pictures" then dbl click to open it. On the botom of the viewing screen there is a print button. Click it and you can select many different print options for how many you want on a page.

I basically have to do alot of tinkering with it. Reducing font, copying, etc. I had a HWC form that I wanted to reduce, and it took a while, but I did it.

Not sure about an easy way. Good luck.

floccies said:
FILE,
PRINT,
PAGES PER SHEET

Pick the number of pages to print per sheet

This option may be dependent on your printer????

GOOD LUCK!!!

Wow, I had no idea you could do this! Thanks so much, works great for me!

Yeah! I just shrunk my full page invite to 1/4 page... it is small but legible, and this will make it so much less expensive to do up 100 to put in my neighborhood. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

What is the easiest way to shrink a Word document?

The easiest way to shrink a Word document is to adjust the page margins. You can do this by going to the "Layout" tab, selecting "Margins," and then choosing "Narrow" from the drop-down menu. This will decrease the width of your document and shrink it overall.

How do I shrink a Word document without changing the margins?

If you don't want to change the margins, you can try adjusting the font size or using a smaller font type. You can also decrease the line spacing or remove unnecessary spaces between paragraphs to shrink the document without changing the margins.

Can I shrink a Word document by compressing images?

Yes, you can shrink a Word document by compressing images. This will reduce the file size and make the document overall smaller. To do this, select the image, go to the "Format" tab, and then click on "Compress Pictures." Choose the option to apply compression to all images in the document.

How do I shrink a Word document for printing?

To shrink a Word document for printing, you can adjust the page size. Go to the "Page Layout" tab, click on "Size," and then select a smaller page size, such as "Letter" or "A4." You can also decrease the scale of the document by going to the "Print" menu and adjusting the "Scale" option.

Is there a way to automatically shrink a Word document?

Yes, you can use the "Fit to" option to automatically shrink a Word document. Go to the "Page Layout" tab, click on "Size," and then select "More Paper Sizes." Under the "Scaling" section, choose "Fit to" and then enter the number of pages you want the document to fit on. This will automatically adjust the document to fit on the specified number of pages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih