• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Computer-Related Question (Excel)

In summary, the person tried to copy and paste the list of email addresses from an Excel document into a Word document, but was unable to do so without the gridlines appearing. They found an easier way to copy and paste the list by using "Paste Special" and "Unformatted Text".
pamperedbecky
I hope someone can help me out. I know there are a bunch on here who are VERY computer-literate......

I'm not too familiar with Excel. I pretty much know the basics, but I'm trying to do something that I'm not sure can be done. I have a list of brides from a recent bridal expo I did. This is a list that the organizers of the event emailed me with each bride's info in an Excel document. One of the columns is their email address. I was hoping there's a way to copy and paste this whole list of addresses so I can then paste it onto the BCC line to send out an email to everyone. I thought I could copy and paste the column to a Word document, then save it for easy reference later, then copy and paste it again to the email line. Everytime I try to copy and paste to the word document, it shows up with all the grid lines and it won't paste the whole list without those lines.

I hope this is making sense to someone! :eek: If anyone is more familiar with Excel, is this something I can even do instead of copying and pasting each individual email? Thanks in advance for any help! I appreciate it! :)

I think there is a way to export info without the spaces...but I don't know how.

Yes! I know how! I don't know how to do much in excel and word, but I know this!Copy the column.
Paste it into word.
select it all again if it's not still hightlighted - but JUST the table, not the whole page
go to the table menu
find the convert option (you might need to click the little arrow at the bottom of the table menu if you have a later version that hides some options
choose convert and then "table to text"
in the little box that pops up, choose "paragraph marks"
Voila!BUT you need them in one long line, not a column, right?I can do that too!hold down your CTRL key and press H. That brings up your "find and replace"
type ^p in the find box - that finds the line endings
type , (a comma and a space) in the replace box
click "replace all"Mine had some extra commas at the end to delete, but other than that, there you are! the perfect list for copying into your email program!Let me know if I left out a step or you need more help.

Another way you can copy without the table is to use "Paste Special" instead of "Paste". Then choose "Unformatted Text".

Oooh, an even easier way! Thanks!

Oooh thank you, thank you!! I'm so excited to try this tonight when I have more time! Thanks for your help, you guys!:)

1. How can I insert a new column in Excel?

To insert a new column in Excel, simply right-click on the column to the right of where you want to insert the new one and select "Insert" from the drop-down menu. This will shift all columns to the right and create a new blank column in the desired location.

2. How do I sum a column in Excel?

To sum a column in Excel, use the "SUM" function. Simply click on the cell where you want the sum to appear, then type "=SUM(" and select the cells you want to add together, separated by commas. Close the parentheses and press enter to get the sum.

3. How do I freeze rows or columns in Excel?

To freeze rows or columns in Excel, go to the "View" tab and click on "Freeze Panes." From there, you can choose to freeze the top row, first column, or both. This will keep those rows or columns visible as you scroll through the spreadsheet.

4. How can I create a chart in Excel?

To create a chart in Excel, select the data you want to include in the chart, then go to the "Insert" tab and click on the type of chart you want to create. You can also customize the chart by selecting different chart styles and adding labels, titles, and other elements.

5. How do I protect cells in Excel?

To protect cells in Excel, go to the "Review" tab and click on "Protect Sheet." From there, you can choose which cells you want to protect and set a password. This will prevent anyone from editing those cells without the password.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • byrd1956
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
ledong123
  • newyawksue