• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a WORD document be saved as a PDF?

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
I have a word document - a flyer invite - that when my host tried to open it the formatting is all messed up. Is there a way to save it as a PDF so that when she opens it it looks right to her and is printable?

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
I can use that to save a word doc as a PDF? How do I do it? Help?

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
I have this program as well, and use it all the time.

After you have installed the program, open your Word document (or any other MS program). Click CTRL+P (or go to Open, and click on Print). Choose CutePDF as your printer. Then click OK.

A save Window will open, allowing you to name your document and choose where you will save it. For me, I use the same name as the original, but put "pdf" after the name, so it's easy to find.

Click on save...then, if you go to Documents, you will be able to find it and open it as a PDF.

Hope that makes sense!

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
I have this program as well, and use it all the time.

After you have installed the program, open your Word document (or any other MS program). Click CTRL+P (or go to Open, and click on Print). Choose CutePDF as your printer. Then click OK.

A save Window will open, allowing you to name your document and choose where you will save it. For me, I use the same name as the original, but put "pdf" after the name, so it's easy to find.

Click on save...then, if you go to Documents, you will be able to find it and open it as a PDF.

Hope that makes sense!

I am compltetly baffled.
Do you think if I emailed you the flyer, you could convert it and email it back to me? Pretty please?

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
There is a version you can download to your computer too, maybe that'll work better.

MLinAZ

Gold Member
May 7, 2009
CutePDF really is incredibly easy to use. The main difference is that you act like you are going to PRINT instead of SAVE. But it doesn't print it to your printer, it sort of "prints" it to a PDF file.

1. Click on "Print" (don't click on the little printer picture, but go to "File>Print"
2. Then from the printers you choose CutePDF (drop down menu)
3. Click "OK"
4. It will bring up that same box that comes up if you had clicked on "Save As" - where you tell it where to save the file and what name.
5. Click on the directory you want to save in.
6. Name the file what you want it to be called (it can be the same name as the Word file since it's .pdf instead of .doc)
7. Click "Save" It's then saving it in PDF form. It will save and you'll be brought back to your original Word document.

Close your Word document and/or go to the directory you saved the PDF file to and open the PDF version!

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Carolyn, I've used the installed version of Primo PDF before, and it's worked well and easily. Install it, and it puts an option as another printer. Then all you have to do is go to File > Print from within your document and select Primo PDF as the printer. It will ask you for a file name to save it as, and a location.

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
When I tried to download the CutePDF program my virus protection program said NO WAY HIGH RISK so I panicked and didn't go through with it. Do I have to download something with Primo?

Lisa/ChefBear

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2005
You should be able to just try and print it and instead of sending to your printer, select the option to "Primo PDF"

It will make it a PDF and then save as to whatever folder you want to save it or you can just email it from there.

I just had to do this with an invite.

HTH,

Lisa

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Since that web version I linked earlier didn't work for you, you'd have to download the other version to use PrimoPDF.

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
Ok so my virus program won't let me download Cute PDF but it is letting me download the Primo program...I am a nervous wreck downloading it right now....LOL

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
OMG OMG OMG!!!!
It works!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Glad to help!

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
Ok so my virus program won't let me download Cute PDF but it is letting me download the Primo program...I am a nervous wreck downloading it right now....LOL

I did Cute PDF and it can through ok. Isn't it great once you figure this out?!!! I knew it could be done, I just did not know how until this past August when a computer person told me...heavenly!!!

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Before I had the full version of Acrobat, this is what I used:

PDFCreator | pdfforge.org

It's free and worked really well.

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
Thanks, Kathleen. I had been searching for these programs and had asked different people that I know. Once I found it, I can't imagine why more don't know about this. Talk about feeling out of touch!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies
Views