1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Can a WORD document be saved as a PDF?

1. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

I have a word document - a flyer invite - that when my host tried to open it the formatting is all messed up. Is there a way to save it as a PDF so that when she opens it it looks right to her and is printable?

Oct 21, 2009
  2. cookingwithlove

cookingwithlove Advanced Member Gold Member

3. dannyzmom

I can use that to save a word doc as a PDF? How do I do it? Help?

Oct 21, 2009
  4. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

I have this program as well, and use it all the time.

After you have installed the program, open your Word document (or any other MS program). Click CTRL+P (or go to Open, and click on Print). Choose CutePDF as your printer. Then click OK.

A save Window will open, allowing you to name your document and choose where you will save it. For me, I use the same name as the original, but put "pdf" after the name, so it's easy to find.

Click on save...then, if you go to Documents, you will be able to find it and open it as a PDF.

Hope that makes sense!

Oct 21, 2009
  5. dannyzmom

I am compltetly baffled.
    Do you think if I emailed you the flyer, you could convert it and email it back to me? Pretty please?

Oct 21, 2009
  6. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

Yeah, I can do that. But, what has you baffled?

peace.in.me@comcast.net

Oct 21, 2009
  7. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
  8. dannyzmom

Hmmm...Noora, I tried that site and it was almost perfect except it messed up the formatting of the document so everything was out of whack :(

Oct 21, 2009
  9. NooraK

There is a version you can download to your computer too, maybe that'll work better.

Oct 21, 2009
  10. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

CutePDF really is incredibly easy to use. The main difference is that you act like you are going to PRINT instead of SAVE. But it doesn't print it to your printer, it sort of "prints" it to a PDF file.

1. Click on "Print" (don't click on the little printer picture, but go to "File>Print"
    2. Then from the printers you choose CutePDF (drop down menu)
    3. Click "OK"
    4. It will bring up that same box that comes up if you had clicked on "Save As" - where you tell it where to save the file and what name.
    5. Click on the directory you want to save in.
    6. Name the file what you want it to be called (it can be the same name as the Word file since it's .pdf instead of .doc)
    7. Click "Save" It's then saving it in PDF form. It will save and you'll be brought back to your original Word document.

Close your Word document and/or go to the directory you saved the PDF file to and open the PDF version!

Oct 22, 2009
  11. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Carolyn, I've used the installed version of Primo PDF before, and it's worked well and easily. Install it, and it puts an option as another printer. Then all you have to do is go to File > Print from within your document and select Primo PDF as the printer. It will ask you for a file name to save it as, and a location.

Oct 22, 2009
  12. dannyzmom

When I tried to download the CutePDF program my virus protection program said NO WAY HIGH RISK so I panicked and didn't go through with it. Do I have to download something with Primo?

Oct 22, 2009
  13. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

You should be able to just try and print it and instead of sending to your printer, select the option to "Primo PDF"

It will make it a PDF and then save as to whatever folder you want to save it or you can just email it from there.

I just had to do this with an invite.

HTH,

Lisa

14. NooraK

Since that web version I linked earlier didn't work for you, you'd have to download the other version to use PrimoPDF.

Oct 22, 2009
  15. dannyzmom

Ok so my virus program won't let me download Cute PDF but it is letting me download the Primo program...I am a nervous wreck downloading it right now....LOL

Oct 22, 2009
  16. dannyzmom

OMG OMG OMG!!!!
    It works!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!

Oct 22, 2009
  17. NooraK

Glad to help!

Oct 22, 2009
  18. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I did Cute PDF and it can through ok. Isn't it great once you figure this out?!!! I knew it could be done, I just did not know how until this past August when a computer person told me...heavenly!!!

Oct 22, 2009
  19. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Before I had the full version of Acrobat, this is what I used:

PDFCreator | pdfforge.org

It's free and worked really well.

Oct 22, 2009
  20. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Thanks, Kathleen. I had been searching for these programs and had asked different people that I know. Once I found it, I can't imagine why more don't know about this. Talk about feeling out of touch!!

Oct 22, 2009
  21. Word 07 has .pdf as a save option, too.

Have something to add?