• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

C/C Won't Have Money Until the Day After

In summary, if the party needs to close on Nov 30, for me and for the host, and some people do not get paid until Dec 1, the host can either have the show shipped to them and put it on their debit card, or they can submit it close to midnight but take the risk of missing the month end deadline or one of their cards being processed too soon.
naekelsey
Gold Member
This problem hasn't happened to me yet, since I am just getting back into it, but how do you deal with someone's c/c or debit card not having money in it until the day after the party closes?If a party needs to close on Nov 30, for me and for the host, and some people do not get paid until Dec 1, how do you work through this?
Especially now that PP checks all the cards before the party can be submitted.

The automatic credit card on P3 is down but HO does send through the payments very soon after the show is submitted. I would ask for another form of payment because the show will go on hold if you submit it Nov 30th.On a very few occasions I have accepted a post dated check. I don't offer this but will look at each situation if it comes up from the customer and when I do I don't let them write it but a few days out. I also take the check straight to the customer's bank and cash it rather than waiting for it to go through my bank.

naekelsey said:
This problem hasn't happened to me yet, since I am just getting back into it, but how do you deal with someone's c/c or debit card not having money in it until the day after the party closes?If a party needs to close on Nov 30, for me and for the host, and some people do not get paid until Dec 1, how do you work through this?
Especially now that PP checks all the cards before the party can be submitted.
One option would be to have the show shipped to you and put it on your debit card. I would insist that the checks be in my hands before sending it in though - and I wouldn't deliver until I knew the checks cleared. (our PC debit cards aren't debited for several days so there is some time but I'd still make sure my account had enough in it...)You could also submit it close to midnight but take the risk of missing the month end deadline or one of their cards being processed too soon.Or, in the future book shows that are that close to the end of the month as the following month. For example, show held on Nov 29 but upswing the Dec specials.

I would suggest that if that is the situation, you have the show shipped to you, and make sure to either run the card, or cash the check the day they said you can do it! I had a lady give me a check, and asked if I could hold it until Wednesday (this was Saturday). Sure, no problem. Host was gathering outside orders anyway. I didn't get to deposit the check until Friday, it ran through my bank i believe early the next week. By then, it bounced. :grumpy: Host had the products coming to her that day, so i had to ask her to hold on to them (almost $100 worth). It worked out- she was able to pay me her next pay day, and she payed the bank fee, but still....lesson learned.

I don't front money, I'd be waiting to close the show on the 1st. And I agree, HO has now said that we can make end of the month shows the next month's show. You could have given the host the option of making it a December show so that it would be submitted in Dec for that promo. If you are trying to get in a 2nd show for the table runner incentive, pick up the phone & get a catalog show together. ;)

Will keep the suggestions in mind. I was just throwing out the date of Nov 30 just to make an example. I will see if this even happens, just have been worried about it for some reason. Thank you...

If you tell the customer that you won't run their card until a certain date, don't. Just submit it later.

1. Why won't C/C have money until the day after?

There could be several reasons why C/C won't have money until the day after. It could be due to a delay in receiving a paycheck, waiting for a direct deposit to clear, or simply not having enough funds available in their account.

2. What can I do if I need the money urgently?

If you need the money urgently, you can try reaching out to friends or family for a loan or ask your employer if they can provide an advance on your paycheck. You could also consider applying for a short-term loan or using a credit card, although these options may come with interest and fees.

3. Will C/C have access to their money at midnight?

It depends on the bank's policies and the method of payment. Some banks may release funds at midnight, while others may not release them until the next business day. It's best to check with your bank to confirm when you can expect to have access to your funds.

4. How can I avoid running into this issue in the future?

To avoid not having money until the day after, it's important to plan and budget your finances effectively. Make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover any upcoming expenses and try to save some money for emergencies. You could also consider setting up direct deposit or automatic transfers to ensure your funds are available on time.

5. What should I do if this happens frequently?

If you find yourself in a situation where you don't have money until the day after frequently, it may be time to reevaluate your financial habits and budgeting. Consider seeking advice from a financial advisor or enrolling in a budgeting course to help you better manage your finances and avoid this issue in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindsaym
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • MHPampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MHPampered